and what would this be?

It is a close up of hot water coming out of an aeriated kitchen tap. The color fooled me too because I wouldn't think it would show up so blue.

But Dabs got the closest with 'boiling water' so I think she should pick the next photo to guess.
Ah. The blue is due to elevated copper content in your water (likely copper sulfate - complexes of copper in its higher oxidation state (II) are blue, and that particular blue looks like copper sulfate). This might be due to brand new copper tubing/pipes where the mineral deposits from hard water ("scale") haven't yet deposited on the internal surface of the copper tubing. Once some mineral deposits from the water flow have time to deposit, the copper should be reduced in your water.

Just some trivia for ya. :)

Last edited:
It definitely looks like a painted "something"....vase, bowl, plate??
Some kind of breakable, but it doesn't look like painted glass....so pottery was a good guess by Foxy.

It looks so whimsical....fantasy and fairy like *I collect fairies :)....very pretty colors!
Maybe a painted frame?? Plant pot??

i dont think its tile......it could be fused glass....but i am going with marbles

ding ding ding ding! Here's the marble it came from. Made by James Alloway. Posted at a contemporary marbles site where it is for sale at this time by the person who took the photograph. I collect more vintage marbles than contemporary ones but the contemps are more eye catching. ( :

Attachments

• $Alloway_photo_by_travis_ridenour.JPG
    $Alloway_photo_by_travis_ridenour.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
i dont think its tile......it could be fused glass....but i am going with marbles

ding ding ding ding! Here's the marble it came from. Made by James Alloway. Posted at a contemporary marbles site where it is for sale at this time. (I also collect vintage marbles.)

collecting marbles is a little better than losing marbles.

ding ding ding ding! Here's the marble it came from. Made by James Alloway. Posted at a contemporary marbles site where it is for sale at this time by the person who took the photograph. I collect more vintage marbles than contemporary ones but the contemps are more eye catching. ( :

Oh, it's very pretty!!!!

o my i got all caught up in real life...so it was a marble...pretty one at that......that would even impress dumas walker....i have a few ...cat eyes and clearies....

Forum List

Back