And thus ended the political career of Trump... Evangelicals can now discard him...

Even when someone agrees with you, you bleed from your wherever.

This is embarrassing to watch.

I think we have reached the intellectual ceiling of what you have to offer to this topic.

I will wait for others to chime in.
Lying some more doesn’t help your case.

If you wish to agree with someone, don’t bury the headline next time by offering a new quibble.

Simple facts: Roe was illicitly founded upon crappy “legal” reasoning. This was noted by legal experts right from the beginning. That criticism was justifiably reiterated throughout its tragic history.

You attempted to deny that. I then amply supported my claim with numerous citations including a court case, statements by Ruthie herself and legal analyses offered by recognized legal experts. That’s when you offered a quibble about how “lots of cases get criticized.” I had to expose you on that, too.

Now? You’re backtracking like a motherfucker unwilling to even admit that, too. You are now crowing about running away because you’re justifiably embarrassed. It’s ok. Run away. But just keep in mind, it’s all recorded and what you did and said are plenty clear.

Go take a Midol.

Last edited:
Well, thats a bit overstated. They don't have to "hate" him. They only have to accept someone else.
Fair enough.
And someone with a more acceptable ethical and moral history -- but with all the same political ingredients -- will appeal to many of them.
You did everything but say "Ron DeSantis." Is that who you are thinking about?
They saw Trump get smashed in 2020. They see the political damage being done to him by the facts of Jan 6 coming out. They see his company is charged with felonies, and that he, himself, is under criminal investigation in Georgia. They see he is damaged goods.
Well . . . I think that they see the Democrats (including the media) claiming that all that is happening and that the investigations are legit. I have a question about that at the end, that I hope you will answer.

Meanwhile, I think that the evangelicals know what everyone else knows about Jan 6. Trump's often overheated rhetoric caused some of his supporters, influenced by FBI informants and operatives, to act out almost as badly as the left had been doing for the year previous. They know that Trump did not lead that acting out, nor order it, but that he did not act strongly enough to stop it.

Very doubtful that a legitimate investigation would find anything more sinister.
And they like winning. At any cost. And the cost of ditching Trump will be a no brainer for many of them.

And that's all it takes. Not most or all of them. Just enough.
Many people will think what I am tempted to think: that even though the Democratic Party propaganda about the evil of Trump is based on false facts and premises, it will be effective on many people. Perhaps (so they think) it will be effective for just enough people to reduce the certainty of a GOP victory in 2024. Therefore the evangelicals and many other groups might switch to DeSantis, or whoever you have in mind as a Trump successor.

I'd like to see DeSantis run. It will be a good lesson for the young folks when they expect the media to be much more respectful to DeSantis than they were to the horrible orange man, and find out that this is just how the media treats any Republican. Plus, he would serve for 8 years, while Trump would only have 4 years of eligibility.

Question: Is the current investigation of Trump being responsible for January 6th every bit as legitimate as the 2016 and beyond investigation of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia?

“For Christian fundamentalists, being taught to suppress critical thinking begins at a very early age. It is the combination of the brain’s vulnerability to believing unsupported facts and aggressive indoctrination that create the perfect storm for gullibility. Due to the brain’s neuroplasticity, or ability to be sculpted by lived experiences, evangelicals literally become hardwired to believe far-fetched statements.

This wiring begins when they are first taught to accept Biblical stories not as metaphors for living life practically and purposefully, but as objective truth. Mystical explanations for natural events train young minds to not demand evidence for beliefs. As a result, the neural pathways that promote healthy skepticism and rational thought are not properly developed. This inevitably leads to a greater susceptibility to lying and gaslighting by manipulative politicians, and greater suggestibility in general.”

Christian fundamentalists are therefore predisposed to believe Trump’s lies and reject Trump’s immorality.

Devoid of critical thinking skills, it’s unlikely that Christian fundamentalists will abandon Trump.
If all of us lived with morals, we would be spending ten per cent of our budget on social programs. Deny what I typed. Except for the percentage.

With the ruling overturning Roe V Wade, the deal is now complete. I refer to the unspoken deal the Evangelicals had with the GOP, Mitch McConnell, and with Trump.

Mitch cashed in the Trump presidency for one more SCOTUS judge, and now the winnings have been paid out.

The evangelicals no longer have any use for Trump. They will now climb back up on their high horse, having fallen off for a few years to justify and ignore all manner of unethical and immoral behavior by Trump.

It will be like they never fell off. Trust me.

And they can stitch up the schism in their own churches practically overnight. Trump will not win the primary, and *poof*... schism gone.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but Trump wasn’t brought in by the Evangelicals. Sure they voted for him being the candidate closest to their beliefs, but the movement is made of of more than evangelicals. Some are atheists and have no religious affiliation at all because a secular group brought Trump in.
While I wouldn’t mind him not being put up again because he’s a distraction, who knows what’s going to happen, we haven’t decided yet. I’d personally rather he take a senior statesman role. Actually after dementia Joe I think there should be an age limit on the presidency of 70 so you leave office by 75.

Nah, by abondon, you mean they wouldn't vote for him,
No, I said discard. And what I mean is exactly what I said. They will discard him in favor of another republican.

And you just admitted that possibility. Again.

So again, lets start there.

Would you put that likelihood as high or low?

Its a pretty simple and straightforward question.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but Trump wasn’t brought in by the Evangelicals
Nothing I am saying relies on truth of that, and i certainly never claimed otherwise.

So I guess I am bursting your bubble.

Lots of different types voted for Trump. True.

But if evangelicals discard him in significant numbers, his career is over.

And I say they will do precisely that, for the reasons I mentioned.

No, I said discard. And what I mean is exactly what I said. They will discard him in favor of another republican.

And you just admitted that possibility. Again.

So again, lets start there.

Would you put that likelihood as high or low?

Its a pretty simple and straightforward question.
Discard is a negative term and not accurate. Or you're just describing politics in general, which if you are, why bring it up at all?

You did everything but say "Ron DeSantis." Is that who you are thinking about?
I have named Ron DeSantis by name, in fact. Because that is who seems to be beating Trump in the polling.

Question: Is the current investigation of Trump being responsible for January 6th every bit as legitimate as the 2016 and beyond investigation of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia?
Yes, but more detailed and more thorough. Also, more important and more impactful.

The investigation you somewhat incorrectly say was into "Trump campaign collusion" actually had the following mandates:

- investigating Russian interference in the election

- investigating contacts between the Trump campaign and Russians.

That was the mandate. The republican special counsel -- requested and appointed by republicans-- found both in spades.

The Jan 6 investigation involves investigating many things, including Trump's direct involvement in planning to overturn a free and fair election and his direct involvement in committing criminal acts.

And it is damaging trump politically. Whether or not a voter shares the idea it makes Trump look bad, they have to admit that some will think so. And to a strategist, that is more important than their own, personal feelings.

And if the strategy is to win elections...well, you know the rest...

is a negative term and not accurate.
100% accurate, in this scenario.

Once unshakeable Trump voters, discarding him in favor of voting for another republican in the primary.

I am not here to choose language that doesn't offend trumper snowflakes.

But I would like to hear your answer to the question you are dodging.

100% accurate, in this scenario.

Once unshakeable Trump voters, discarding him in favor of voting for another republican in the primary.

I am not here to choose language that doesn't offend trumper snowflakes.

But I would like to hear your answer to the question you are dodging.
No it's not that man, you're trying to start shit. If he runs, he'll most likely win it and he'll crush the dem in the general. The dems have shit on their bench and Biden isn't going to run again, the media is already trying to push him out.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but Trump wasn’t brought in by the Evangelicals. Sure they voted for him being the candidate closest to their beliefs, but the movement is made of of more than evangelicals. Some are atheists and have no religious affiliation at all because a secular group brought Trump in.
While I wouldn’t mind him not being put up again because he’s a distraction, who knows what’s going to happen, we haven’t decided yet. I’d personally rather he take a senior statesman role. Actually after dementia Joe I think there should be an age limit on the presidency of 70 so you leave office by 75.
Trump was brought in by thinkers who value law, initiative and prosperity.

No it's not that man, you're trying to start shit. If he runs, he'll most likely win it and he'll crush the dem in the general. The dems have shit on their bench and Biden isn't going to run again, the media is already trying to push him out.
So you aren't going to answer the question.

Instead you are going to change lanes.

I called that one pages ago. Go check.

Trump was brought in by thinkers who value law, initiative and prosperity.
Trump wasnt brought in by anyone but himself.

And he applied the strategy of appealing to the worst in people.

He saw how much attention that got him as birther in chief. And it helps that this is the only way he knows how to act.

Nothing I am saying relies on truth of that, and i certainly never claimed otherwise.

So I guess I am bursting your bubble.

Lots of different types voted for Trump. True.

But if evangelicals discard him in significant numbers, his career is over.

And I say they will do precisely that, for the reasons I mentioned.
And I’m telling you If he’s the candidate, they will vote for him. Remember he delivered, that goes a long way. They will never vote for any democrat or an independent that can’t win over Trump. So the question is does Trump get put up again. If Trump runs with DeSantis Cruz, or maybe even Jordan he’ll win the Republican nod. The one person I don’t expect to see again is Pence.

With the ruling overturning Roe V Wade, the deal is now complete. I refer to the unspoken deal the Evangelicals had with the GOP, Mitch McConnell, and with Trump.

Mitch cashed in the Trump presidency for one more SCOTUS judge, and now the winnings have been paid out.

The evangelicals no longer have any use for Trump. They will now climb back up on their high horse, having fallen off for a few years to justify and ignore all manner of unethical and immoral behavior by Trump.

It will be like they never fell off. Trust me.

And they can stitch up the schism in their own churches practically overnight. Trump will not win the primary, and *poof*... schism gone.

/----/ Good grief. What a loon.

And I’m telling you If he’s the candidate, they will vote for him.
Yes I know. But again, I never claimed otherwise.

The premise of the thread is that he will not be the candidate.

If enough evangelicals understand they could get all the same rewards without the higher risk and without having to support a man they find distasteful, they will vote accordingly.

Last edited:
Trump wasnt brought in by anyone but himself.

And he applied the strategy of appealing to the worst in people.

He saw how much attention that got him as birther in chief. And it helps that this is the only way he knows how to act.
/----/ Any examples you wish to share of this so-called " strategy of appealing to the worst in people?"

And Hildabeast started the birtha movement.

Yes I know. But again, I never claimed otherwise.

The premise of the thread is that he will not be the candidate.
You stated that you think the evangelicals will dump him as if they are the only deciding factor but they aren’t. A larger group will have to dump him for Trump to not a viable candidate. You are forgetting the larger group. They haven’t decided yet.

/----/ Good grief. What a loon.
I didn't make up the poll results.

I didn't put words into the mouths of evangelical leaders.

I didn't force republicans to start peeling off from Trump.

I didn't force the Georgia voters to reject him again.

I didn't force the voters of new Hampshire to discard him in favor of DeSantis.

Forum List

Back