And now ANOTHER objective word about President Obama!

This is (if memory serves) the third time I have created a thread to be objective about President Obama in a positive way. Mostly my objectivity about his Presidency is critical and quite negative. But, I still think one is obliged to "give the devil his due."

To the extent that the Administration IS to blame for the NUMEROUS and overlapping "screwups" that ALMOST resulted in a plotted terrorist act succeeding, it is GOOD to see that President Obama is more or less now owning it.

If we cannot admit our mistakes, we cannot learn from them.

He should go further, now. He SHOULD takes some pains to give due credit to the prior Administration, acknowledge that some of his (and his Administration's) criticisms of the prior Administration were misguided and unfair. He SHOULD damn well offer an apology to President Bush AND to Vice President Cheney. In fact, he SHOULD invite them both back to the White House for a private and serious discussion about the appropriate uses to which the Bush Administrations' well-crafted tools COULD be properly put to better effect, now.

If he did these things, the Soros uber-left wing base of the Democrat Parody would turn on him like a mad dog. But President Obama MIGHT just find that there are those of us on the right who are willing to embrace his efforts when he moves in the proper direction. Politically, it might not offset the damage he'd incur, but that's ok. It could be a Profiles In Courage display just the same.

So much for what he SHOULD do to take additional steps in the right direction.

I say the President actually DOES deserve some props for manning-up to the responsibility of HIS Administration for the near tragedy over Detroit. :clap2:

I look forward to seeing if there is a meaningful follow-through.

Political blah blah from a wannabee Republican trying to excuse the Bush mistakes.

This is (if memory serves) the third time I have created a thread to be objective about President Obama in a positive way. Mostly my objectivity about his Presidency is critical and quite negative. But, I still think one is obliged to "give the devil his due."

To the extent that the Administration IS to blame for the NUMEROUS and overlapping "screwups" that ALMOST resulted in a plotted terrorist act succeeding, it is GOOD to see that President Obama is more or less now owning it.

He should go further, now. He SHOULD takes some pains to give due credit to the prior Administration, acknowledge that some of his (and his Administration's) criticisms of the prior Administration were misguided and unfair. He SHOULD damn well offer an apology to President Bush AND to Vice President Cheney. In fact, he SHOULD invite them both back to the White House for a private and serious discussion about the appropriate uses to which the Bush Administrations' well-crafted tools COULD be properly put to better effect, now.

If he did these things, the Soros uber-left wing base of the Democrat Parody would turn on him like a mad dog. But President Obama MIGHT just find that there are those of us on the right who are willing to embrace his efforts when he moves in the proper direction. Politically, it might not offset the damage he'd incur, but that's ok. It could be a Profiles In Courage display just the same.

I say the President actually DOES deserve some props for manning-up to the responsibility of HIS Administration for the near tragedy over Detroit. :clap2:

Not often I disagree, but there is NOTHING here to :clap2: unless failure deserves such. They KNEW the guys name, indeed after allowing him to board, planned on questioning him when the plane came down. It did, luckily without accomplishing his goal. OTOH, they've mirandized him, gave him a lawyer and he's no longer talking. He seems to have other names and such, but WTF, his 'rights' are protected. He's not a citizen, he never should have boarded the plane.

Wait. The President is busy admitting that there were a series of massive "screw-ups" that NEARLY led to the successs of a terrorist plot. I am not offering him kudos for the tremendous job he's done. I am offering him kudos, instead, for accepting the blame for such massive screw-ups.

It is my belief that his tone and tenor have set the stage. HE needs to start taking this threat seriously. Too often too many liberals (like the President) use "terrorism" as a punchline for their dismissive commentary.

But if he is starting to appreciate that the threat is real, not a rhetorical buzz word for the use of the leftists, then he HAS made some significant progress.

And I still think it takes a man to accept responsibility for fucking up something this important. It's HIS year old Administration. He was right to take the blame. I think he deserves to have that stand-up commentary of his acknowledged. But then, I want to see what he DOES now that the words have gotten past his lips.
just look at post 16

After receiving rep from a very unlikely source, I went back and read more carefully Liabilities's posts. I'm sorry I misread! LOL! Still got me some rep. ;)

Political blah blah from a wannabee Republican trying to excuse the Bush mistakes.

Stupid as always, Jokey. You never fail to disappoint.

I am not a wannabe anything. Certainly not a wannabe Republican. I dumped the Republican Party, you liberoidal Democrat Parody hack.

Couldn't help but notice how substanceless your post was -- aside from its being dull and stupid.

I am not a wannabe anything. Certainly not a wannabe Republican. I dumped the Republican Party, you liberoidal Democrat Parody hack.

Thank goodness for my side. We don't want trash in the GOP.

You are trash in the liberal Democrat Parody.

Good God. Every ignorant thing you post screams out what a fucking libtarded Democratic you are and you're STILL bothering to try to sell the lie that YOU are a fucking GOPpy? :cuckoo:

You have never fooled anybody, ya hapless helpless degenerate douchebag.

You are one of the most consistently God-awful unpersausive transparent complete abject liars ever to post on the internet.

OF COURSE IT'S HIS FAULT! It was his appointees' minions that allowed this to happen. Have you caught the Jillian posts about it being Bush's fault for 9/11, because they KNEW al Queda wanted to attack and planes figured into the scenario? Problem was, no data had gotten far other than threats about planes.
So independent of anyone's views of human "rights" and terror lists this fella was on the watch list to someone's credit. Probably someone in the last administration at least in setting up the procedure.

Was it Obama's fault some slackers let him through? Was it Obama's fault my trash company is running behind because of the snow? Probably a bit of a stretch on either.

Good God. Every ignorant thing you post screams out what a fucking libtarded Democratic you are and you're STILL bothering to try to sell the lie that YOU are a fucking GOPpy? :cuckoo:

You are one of the most consistently God-awful unpersausive transparent complete abject liars ever to post on the internet.

:eusa_whistle:

the buck stops with obama? whose speech did he steal?

It should be, a word that rhymes with buck starts with Obama.

Luck?

BBD, this incident (as bad as it is) only gives BHO to go on TV (as he did) to show that he is "saving" America. And since Americans still hate the GOP more than they dislike BHO (actually they personally like him pretty well), my GOP better find a way to (1) create a solid, conservative program that serves the people instead of the corporatists, (2) find a good leader who (3) can present that program in a calm voice to the people. We are not going to win any elections until we do.

:eusa_whistle:

And here (see above) is an example of (Cmike, DiamondDave, PatekPhilippe, etc......DELETE) Starkey Malarkey fielding an argument :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Gotta agree with Liability..... Starkey Malarkey is basically another clueless Obamarrhoidal POS.

As far as Bush and Cheney go, its a nice thought, but I seriously doubt that BO would ever go that route. His ego won't let him.

I sure hope he is beginning to catch a clue about the terrorist threat to this country and will take the necessary steps to try and halt it. God knows this Christmas attack could have been a real disaster. It was only by the quick thinking of the passengers and the failure of his bomb to go off that averted the disaster. Next time passengers might not be as lucky. Heck, it could be iin a mall or a bus, train, or anywhere.

As far as Bush and Cheney go, its a nice thought, but I seriously doubt that BO would ever go that route. His ego won't let him.

I sure hope he is beginning to catch a clue about the terrorist threat to this country and will take the necessary steps to try and halt it. God knows this Christmas attack could have been a real disaster. It was only by the quick thinking of the passengers and the failure of his bomb to go off that averted the disaster. Next time passengers might not be as lucky. Heck, it could be iin a mall or a bus, train, or anywhere.

Speaking of hoping that he has begun to catch that first clue: did anyone outside of NYC notice the COVER of the NY Post today?

NY_NYP.jpg

Why would you care? Aren't you in the communist party?

Some people seem to think that he's not even a US version of a MArxist piece of crap.

They think he's even a poseur as to his nationality.

Speaking of hoping that he has begun to catch that first clue: did anyone outside of NYC notice the COVER of the NY Post today?

NY_NYP.jpg

Maybe this has made Obama truely understand that we are in a serious war with Al Qaida and that's not a law enforcement issue.

We'll see if he walks the walk.

I think it was the failure of the bomb to work properly that was the issue.

If it went off, it wouldn't matter what the passengers were like.

So now that the President has in my opinion out the right foot forward and firmly announced that we are at War, can we not admit that acts that these people are attempting are "acts of war" and are subject to the Military Commissions Act of 2006.

The United States Military Commissions Act of 2006

Sec. 948c. Persons subject to military commissions
Any alien unlawful enemy combatant is subject to trial by military commission under this chapter.

"The term 'unlawful enemy combatant' means —
(i) a person who has engaged in hostilities or who has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States or its co-belligerents who is not a lawful enemy combatant (including a person who is part of the Taliban, al-Qaida, or associated forces); or
(ii) a person who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense."
Military Commissions Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back