And I thought this week couldn't get any better

What do you think the teachers unions have done. We are so much further behind the world than 50 years ago, even though spending is still sky high......
Spending is high because we educate all children, and not just the ones who will be successful in life. I had a special education student that cost the school district about $300,000 a year to educate. He was a great kid and deserved every penny of it.

NEWSFLASH: You can take every one of those Baltimore students and move them to whatever you consider to be the best school district in this nation and guess what you would get? No change. Why? You didn't change the students.

BS, you would be changing the school culture. Low expectations create bad results.

BS, you would be changing the school culture. Low expectations create bad results.

Listen, you fucking amateur! My district took the teachers from a magnet school and transferred all them to a school with consistently low performing students. Guess what happened? Not a damned thing changed! The kids still sucked academically! Why? Their culture did not change with the new faculty.

Listen, you fucking amateur! My district took the teachers from a magnet school and transferred all them to a school with consistently low performing students. Guess what happened? Not a damned thing changed! The kids still sucked academically! Why? Their culture did not change with the new faculty.

Damn, you sound just like all the other hack union teachers. It's never your fault, you just lack resources. RIGHT????????

Evidently the right wants taxes also since they exist where they rule.
Arizona voters are against this but the Republicans are shoving it down their throats.

From the WAPO article:

One thing missing from the legislation: any kind of accountability that would let the public know what the schools getting the voucher money are actually doing. Yes, students entering the voucher program would have to take a national standardized test annually — but the state won’t see the scores, and unless a particular school has at least 50 voucher students attending, parents can’t see even aggregate scores. That doesn’t worry House Majority Leader Ben Toma, the bill’s prime mover, who said accountability would come from parents who “know what’s best for their children.”
State Sen. Christine Marsh (D) tried to add accountability measures to the legislation last week but failed. According to 12 News, she wanted amendments that would have required private schools taking in students with vouchers to do things such as check the fingerprints of employees and implement academic standards and testing. It quoted her as saying: “We have no financial transparency and we have no academic transparency. I’d like to know how many families that earn maybe a million dollars a year are getting voucher money versus how many families earning maybe 30 or 40,000 a year are getting voucher money.”

Arizona voters are against this but the Republicans are shoving it down their throats.

From the WAPO article:

One thing missing from the legislation: any kind of accountability that would let the public know what the schools getting the voucher money are actually doing. Yes, students entering the voucher program would have to take a national standardized test annually — but the state won’t see the scores, and unless a particular school has at least 50 voucher students attending, parents can’t see even aggregate scores. That doesn’t worry House Majority Leader Ben Toma, the bill’s prime mover, who said accountability would come from parents who “know what’s best for their children.”
State Sen. Christine Marsh (D) tried to add accountability measures to the legislation last week but failed. According to 12 News, she wanted amendments that would have required private schools taking in students with vouchers to do things such as check the fingerprints of employees and implement academic standards and testing. It quoted her as saying: “We have no financial transparency and we have no academic transparency. I’d like to know how many families that earn maybe a million dollars a year are getting voucher money versus how many families earning maybe 30 or 40,000 a year are getting voucher money.”

And in wonderful Blue NYS a 50 on a Regents is a passing grade because a 65 wasn’t low enough.
Any other bullshit you’d care to share with us?

Damn, you sound just like all the other hack union teachers. It's never your fault, you just lack resources. RIGHT????????
Where did I say that?

The problem is the students that are being provided for teachers to educate. You can't teach a kid who is uncomfortable because their clothes are dirty, stayed up all night playing video games, or did not eat a meal since they were last in school,

Ever hear the expression, "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit!"?

Where did I say that?

The problem is the students that are being provided for teachers to educate. You can't teach a kid who is uncomfortable because their clothes are dirty, stayed up all night playing video games, or did not eat a meal since they were last in school,

Ever hear the expression, "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit!"?

Yeah, excuses are like assholes, everybody has one and most all of them stink. A teachers first job is to find out what motivates a student. If they can't do that, they are in the wrong job.

It boggles my mind how many people who don't know what they're talking about, will quickly and diligently insist that an expert on the subject, who is speaking directly to them and explaining the subject in clear, concise English, is in fact a rampaging idiot because what the expert says does not jive with what they think they know but really, really don't.

You're talking about teaching, people. Listen to the teacher.

Forum List

Back