Analysis Finds Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Benefit Workers, Just Made Rich Companies Richer

While 401ks hold stocks, they tend to be held in mutual funds with managers who don't get the call

Don't get the call? LOL!
Tell me more.
Why should I, if you refuse to make an argument?

Tell me about this "call", I'll be happy to argue.
Ask Martha Stewart about it.

CEOs call hedge funds before their stocks fall?

That's awful!!!

Prove it.
Ask everyone who got out of Enron. Hint: the guys whose stock was held in their pension funds didn't, and many were ruined.

Ask everyone who got out of Enron

Ask them who called? I thought you knew?

Yet the tax cuts for the lower classes are temporary, while the tax cuts for the upper classes are permanent. Hmmm I wonder why.

Because Democrats suck.
Because Republicans held Democrats hostage.

Republicans prevented Democrats from cutting taxes? OMG!

Get that brain injury looked at. DERP!
You're a rhetorical terrorist.

& a moronic dipshit.

Afraid I'm moving in on your territory?

Please be specific on my plan not being unconstitutional.

Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

Where is the federal government given this power in the Constitution?

Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Make inversion illegal.

Where is the federal government NOT given this power in the Constitution?

Not given the power anywhere in the Constitution.

Not excluded in the constitution.

Nice debating with you.

So, the workers who got a bonus, that didn't help that at all? I wonder how many of the workers have stock in the company that they work for? I bet at least 66%. Bwaaaahhhhaaahhhhaaaaa. You must be a welfare queen or queer....

Worker's owning stocks?

IMPOSSIBLE!!! That would break the leftist narrative.

In short, everyone benefited and continues to benefit. The leftist rhetoric of not letting people keep their own earned money is destined to fail.

Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Make inversion illegal.

Nice debating with you.

Excluded right here.....

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Nice debating with you.

No problem. Anytime you want another beating..........come find me.

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Hmmm, "analysis" by a far, far left group doesn't like the fact that more Americans get to keep more of their own money. Who would of thunk it. Everyone knows that progressives think they know how to spend your money better than you do so they ALWAYS come to this same conclusion. Funny how that works. In the real world though, every one of my neighbors is seeing significant tax reductions. 7,000 seems to be the average.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Put this up your ass where your head is:

The little bit increase in the pay checks this year will fade away next year and for years after that as the standard deduction remains the same, and the taxes and fees rise.

Only a fool believes a word that comes out of the mouth of Ryan or Trump.

Hmm, so a government worker bee, you. Who relies on the forced confiscation of the people money to keep you in your cushy job, and who is looking at the pension you have so non diligently been working for your whole life falling apart. See a group (this aforementioned ultra left, big government paid shill) who says "take more money from the people to prop up your lazy ass" and you think that this is a compelling argument?

Get real clown boy. Any person who uses this groups "analysis" for anything more than bird cage poop dropping collection, is an idiot.

That would be you.

With ALL due respect, F. U.

It's apparent that you are envious of government workers and hate us for providing public service to our fellow citizens. That some of us, Safety Employees, put ourselves in harms way must really piss you off, since we are rewarded for doing our duty.

The private sector has no mores, their sole goal is profit and they are protected by the fine print in most of their transactions. Call 10 contractors and maybe one shows up, call a cop or a firefighter and be assured they will show up.

Why would I be envious of government hacks like you? I have been retired for a good long time, but I have had the immense displeasure of having to deal with incompetent, pompous, ignorant government workers, such as yourself, for a very, very long time. People go in to government work for two reasons, 1. they are that extraordinarily rare breed of altruistic people who choose to work for a bunch of C student types because they actually want to help people. They usually only last a few years before they figure out that government workers are mainly idiots who care more about themselves than those they are supposed to be helping so those people leave and go work for some non-profit group which actually does the work that the government is supposed to.

Then there is the second group, the one that you are in, who are not particularly bright, but figured out that by working in government you can get power over others (because you think so highly of yourself that you feel superior to anyone even though you have nothing to support your narcissist nonsense) and when possible you abuse your power. You couldn't get a job in the private sector because your particular skill set is too low, and your psych eval would preclude you from working in any area but ditch digging.

No, I have no reason to be envious of petty tyrants like you.

OH F.U., You're arrogant piece of shit.

Make inversion illegal.

Nice debating with you.

Excluded right here.....

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Nice debating with you.

I don't see anything in your post that applies to what we're debating.

Make inversion illegal.

Nice debating with you.

Excluded right here.....

Nice debating with you.

None of your "ideas" are Constitutional.

Nice debating with you.

Excluded right here.....

Nice debating with you.

Business and financial regulations aren't constitutional?

Nice debating with you.

Excluded right here.....

Nice debating with you.

Make inversion illegal.

^

These "regulations" are not constitutional.

Nice debating with you.

Excluded right here.....

Nice debating with you.

Make inversion illegal.

^

These "regulations" are not constitutional.

Then by all means make your point.

This thread is the epitome of manufactured bullshit. AKA fake news.

Except, except, except, you can't prove otherwise. Just another hateful sociopath down on the working class American.
If you really are a one percenter send in that extra money. Put your money where your mouth is wise ass.
Asking for more welfare for your red state?
Why would I do that? I dont live in the liberal gutters known as "the city".
Smart people like me flee that filth and live very nicely in the suburbs that surround those shitholes.

Except, except, except, you can't prove otherwise. Just another hateful sociopath down on the working class American.
If you really are a one percenter send in that extra money. Put your money where your mouth is wise ass.
Smart people like me flee that filth and live very nicely in the suburbs that surround those shitholes.
Just getting sick of supporting you all.

Just getting sick of supporting you all.
I make six figures. No one is supporting me.
Go ride your bicycle or something and let the adults talk.

Forum List

Back