Analysis Finds Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Benefit Workers, Just Made Rich Companies Richer

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Trumptards don't believe it. And they won't until just a couple of weeks before the election when they found out exactly how many will no longer have healthcare starting Jan 1st. October is when they find out who is no longer helped with subsidies.

Tax cuts for needy billionaires costs money. Someone has to be sacrificed and Trump's voters decided they were serving up their wives and children and the rest of their families. Good Job Brownie!

Of which 80% of that $5 trillion would go directly into the economy through middle class spending.

$5 trillion in government handouts to corporations. Brilliant.

The second year, it'll be $8 trillion.

Of which 80% of that $5 trillion would go directly into the economy through middle class spending.

Based on your previous bad math, I don't believe your claim.

First it's unconstitutional which is a false complaint.

Now, it's bad math which you can't refute my plan.

Face facts, the ONLY way the middle class worker in this country is going to make any headway to financial security is my plan or a plan based on it.

Republicans like their worker slaves. Entry level, market pay price, and first job are nothing more than sit at the back of the bus, and whites only drinking fountain, etc, in the Republican conservative mind are the same thing.

Yes, many of your stupid, unworkable, unenforceable suggestions are also unconstitutional.

Now, it's bad math

Your plans didn't include bad math?
You intended to do more than cut the corporate tax rate to zero you actually
meant to have the Federal government hand corporations $5 trillion in handouts?

the ONLY way the middle class worker in this country is going to make any headway to financial security is my plan or a plan based on it.

The only way is $5 trillion in handouts? Hilarious!!

The corporations net tax is zero due to employee expenses which are spent in the economy at 1:1.70.

$5 trillion in government handouts to corporations. Brilliant.

The second year, it'll be $8 trillion.

Face facts, the ONLY way the middle class worker in this country is going to make any headway to financial security is my plan or a plan based on it.

Republicans like their worker slaves. Entry level, market pay price, and first job are nothing more than sit at the back of the bus, and whites only drinking fountain, etc, in the Republican conservative mind are the same thing.

Yes, many of your stupid, unworkable, unenforceable suggestions are also unconstitutional.

Now, it's bad math

the ONLY way the middle class worker in this country is going to make any headway to financial security is my plan or a plan based on it.

The corporations net tax is zero due to employee expenses which are spent in the economy at 1:1.70.

The corporations net tax is zero

If you want their net tax to be zero, eliminate the corporate tax.

Your plan hands corporations $5 trillion. Who is going to make up for that?

Now, it's bad math

How would giving them a handout help. Walmart has been GIVEN BILLIONS, none of which has been placed into the economy. My plan puts 1:1.70 into the economy.

Now, it's bad math

How would giving them a handout help. Walmart has been GIVEN BILLIONS, none of which has been placed into the economy. My plan puts 1:1.70 into the economy.

How would giving them a handout help.

Yes, how do you whine about corporations not paying enough taxes and then push a "plan" that
cuts their taxes to zero AND hands them $5 trillion in cash?

My plan puts 1:1.70 into the economy.

Yeah, it's a good thing you've outlawed inflation, because your "plan" looks
really, really inflationary. DERP!

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Well my pay check sure felt it. Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO over your lamo post. LOL

Well my pay check sure felt it. Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO over your lamo post. LOL
I couldn't get past the thread title.
As if there are poor companies, usually those are bankrupt.

Funny how a tax break is considered a handout. Like the government worked for that revenue.

It's time for the media to tell us Trumps tax cuts an roaring economy that we witnessed with our own eyes were bad to ease the pain of Quid Pro Pedo Fingers Joe's tax increases.

Forum List

Back