An open letter to Harry Reid

Dear Harry,

Do your fricken job and let the senate vote on bills passed by the house. Are you afraid that some of them will pass and actually help the economy? Has obama got your balls in a tiny box under his desk and told you he will step on them if you let the senate do its job?

Here they are Harry. Lets see some action.

290 House Bills Waiting for Senate Approval - CBS News
Seems to me this is pretty much the same thing speaker boehner is doing. I do not know if Harry is doing what you claim but if he is, he has earned my respect. Oh, and as for boehner's balls, they are currently the property of the tea party.
Oh, and I can see why you are starting to like CBS. They are starting to behave like Fox, what with the lies in their recent program on Benghazi. Turns out they didn't take the time to verify their facts. That type of behavior is how Fox rolls. It is SOP.

You mean after a year of investigating Benghazi the FBI waited until after they reported it to the public to come up with a document that refuted their research? Pretty convenient for the administration even though the FBI knew they were investigating and reporting on it.

The recent government shutdown was because Boehner would not allow the House to vote on a Senate passed CR.

And Boehner is also holding up immigration reform.

Take the beam out of your own eye before pointing out the mote in your neighbor's.

NO, thats now what the shut down was about. That is the dem/lib tallking point, the truth is that the shutdown (15% of the the govt that obama declared 'non-essential) was because obama and the dems refused to do their jobs and work to find the middle ground on a budget bill.

It took Ryan and Murray to finally get it done.

BTW, who paid the guys to put the barricades around national monuments and parks?

Boehner would not allow the CR to be voted on because he knew there were enough Republicans who would vote for it and it would have passed, thus avoiding the shutdown. So he held it up.

That's the reality, kiddo. Sorry.

:lol::lol: Reality according to the teachings of Chris Matthews. :lol::lol:

you are very confused

Why is telling the truth "partisan" ?

Telling a HALF truth is partisan.

OK, what was the Half truth? 290 house passed bills are sitting on Reid's desk----that is 100% true.

Have you looked into how many of those are stopgap budgets that defund ObamaCare?

290 just shows how much time the GOP is wasting on political hackery.

Go ahead and show us a list of what those 290 bills are. You are still drinking a bucket of half truths, kiddo.

OK, what was the Half truth? 290 house passed bills are sitting on Reid's desk----that is 100% true.

Have you looked into how many of those are stopgap budgets that defund ObamaCare?

Go ahead and show us a list of what those 290 bills are. You are still drinking a bucket of half truths, kiddo.

38 of them are related to obozocare. If you want to know about the rest, look them up.

It is obvious some people have no idea how Congress works. Every year, since practically forever, most bills end up sent to a quiet death in committee.

If you bothered to read and track bills you would know this. I've been doing that sort of thing for decades.

This is what happened to all but a handful of every bill ever written by Ron Paul, for example.

Your ignorance is being exploited, Redfish. And you are reacting like the obedient useful idiot you are.

Last edited:

are you saying that CBS is lying about it? are you now claiming that CBS is the MSNBC of the GOP? :cuckoo:

It is obvious some people have no idea how Congress works. Every year, since practically forever, most bills end up sent to a quiet death in committee.

If you bothered to read and track bills you would know this. I've been doing that sort of thing for decades.

Your ignorance is being exploited, Redfish. And you are reacting like the obedient useful idiot you are.

Sorry dude, but its your ignorance that is being exploited. Reid has not assigned one of the 290 to committee, he is sitting on all of them himself.

Why? Is he afraid one might actually pass the senate and help the country? Face it, the dems and obama need the economy in the shitter in order to keep buying the votes of the poor and ignorant with free stuff.

Sorry dude, but its your ignorance that is being exploited. Reid has not assigned one of the 290 to committee, he is sitting on all of them himself.

Why? Is he afraid one might actually pass the senate and help the country? Face it, the dems and obama need the economy in the shitter in order to keep buying the votes of the poor and ignorant with free stuff.

Show us the list.

I would bet most of them are partisan attempts to alter, undermine, or defund legislation passed since 2009.

This game is as old as the Hill.

I want you to remember the bar you are setting. You are saying it is wrong for a majority leader to hold up legislation from the opposite party. Does that work backward in time, too? Or is this a new rule that only works when it's a Democrat doing it?

Last edited:

Show us the list.

I would bet most of them are partisan attempts to alter, undermine, or defund legislation passed since 2009.

This game is as old as the Hill.

I want you to remember the bar you are setting. You are saying it is wrong for a majority leader to hold up legislation from the opposite party. Does that work backward in time, too? Or is this a new rule that only works when it's a Democrat doing it?

Its wrong when either party does it. Its not a partisan issue. I think you can get the list from the original cite, if you really care to see it.

This only further proves that the parties are exploiting whatever control they are able to possess for as long as they can. Meaningful progress can not be achieved while these polar opposite powers squabble over their power struggle. Our issues that have plagued us for the last century will only further exacerbate while these selfish 'despots', if you will, control the governance of our nation. The real interests being represented are only those with the monetary capability of having their voice heard. Our points and counter points on this forum will forever be ignored due to each person here not possessing vast amounts of wealth to funnel our concerns into the capitalistic ruling class of our society.

This only further proves that the parties are exploiting whatever control they are able to possess for as long as they can. Meaningful progress can not be achieved while these polar opposite powers squabble over their power struggle. Our issues that have plagued us for the last century will only further exacerbate while these selfish 'despots', if you will, control the governance of our nation. The real interests being represented are only those with the monetary capability of having their voice heard. Our points and counter points on this forum will forever be ignored due to each person here not possessing vast amounts of wealth to funnel our concerns into the capitalistic ruling class of our society.

True to a point, but in many ways a congress that does nothing is the best for the nation.

Dear Harry,

Do your fricken job and let the senate vote on bills passed by the house. Are you afraid that some of them will pass and actually help the economy? Has obama got your balls in a tiny box under his desk and told you he will step on them if you let the senate do its job?

Reply to Republicans

Stop the filibuster and allow Democratic bills to come to the floor and maybe some of yours will come up for a vote

Dear Harry,

Seems to me this is pretty much the same thing speaker boehner is doing. I do not know if Harry is doing what you claim but if he is, he has earned my respect. Oh, and as for boehner's balls, they are currently the property of the tea party.
Oh, and I can see why you are starting to like CBS. They are starting to behave like Fox, what with the lies in their recent program on Benghazi. Turns out they didn't take the time to verify their facts. That type of behavior is how Fox rolls. It is SOP.

What has either network lied about? It is a fact that the house has passed 290 bills that Reid refuses to allow any discussion or votes in the senate.

The House may have passed a number of bills that Reid is refusing to put up for vote. The reason is that each of this bills have riders which make the bills unacceptable to Democrats. Now, in the past the Senate and House would site down and work out a compromise that was acceptable to both bodies. However, today the right refuses to compromise. To the right, compromise is a dirty word and any republican legislator who calls for compromise is immediately called a RINO, thrown under the bus, and primaried for not being a 'pure' republican!!! Thus the House bills sit without a chance of moving forward.
Don't believe me? Exactly how much chance do you think one of the House's fourty-some bills to repeal ACA has of being approved by the Senate and signed by the president?

Oh, and "What has either network lied about?"
How about 60 Minutes recent report on Benghazi?
"Lara Logan Apologizes For Botched '60 Minutes' Benghazi Report, Says Show Will Issue Correction"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...60-minutes-benghazi-correction_n_4239046.html

Last edited:

What has either network lied about? It is a fact that the house has passed 290 bills that Reid refuses to allow any discussion or votes in the senate.

The House may have passed a number of bills that Reid is refusing to put up for vote. The reason is that each of this bills have riders which make the bills unacceptable to Democrats. Now, in the past the Senate and House would site down and work out a compromise that was acceptable to both bodies. However, today the right refuses to compromise. To the right, compromise is a dirty word and any republican legislator who calls for compromise is immediately called a RINO, thrown under the bus, and primaried for not being a 'pure' republican!!! Thus the House bills sit without a chance of moving forward.
Don't believe me? Exactly how much chance do you think one of the House's fourty-some bills to repeal ACA has of being approved by the Senate and signed by the president?

So you confirm that Reid is refusing to let house passed bills (bi-partisan bills) come to a vote in the senate for partisan reasons?

and you think this is a good thing?

Dear Harry,

Reply to Republicans

Stop the filibuster and allow Democratic bills to come to the floor and maybe some of yours will come up for a vote

The bills fillibustered by Paul and Cruz did come up for votes. The ones that Reid is sitting on have not.

Stop crying. You confederates have done to the USA what you couldn't do 150 years ago. You've brought our govt. to a crashing halt. Soon you confederates will disallow democrats the right to vote. It took you 5 minutes after the SC struck down the key provisions in the VRA. Stop crying.

“The idea that we’re going to take up a 1,300-page bill that no one had ever read, which is what the Senate did, is not going to happen in the House,” Boehner said. “And frankly, I’ll make clear: We have no intention of ever going to conference on the Senate bill.”

John Boehner: House has "no intention" of taking up Senate's immigration reform bill

ONE vs 290 OK :confused:
You mock the poster because they only listed one of the bills being held up by boehner and the house (Immigration Act). Here is a very short list of some of the other bills that are also being held back by boehner.
HR 12 – Paycheck Fairness Act
H.R. 20 — Melanie Blocker Stokes Mom’s Opportunity to Access Health, Education, Research, and Support for Postpartum Depression Act
H.R. 320 — CJ’s Home Protection Act
H.R. 448 — Elder Abuse Victims Act
H.R. 466 – Wounded Veteran Job Security Act
H.R. 515 – Radioactive Import Deterrence Act
H.R. 549 — National Bombing Prevention Act
H.R. 577 – Vision Care for Kids Act
H.R. 626 – Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act
H.R. 780 – Student Internet Safety Act
H.R. 911 — Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act
H.R. 985 — Free Flow of Information Act
H.R. 1029 – Alien Smuggling and Terrorism Prevention Act
H.R. 1110 – PHONE Act and H.R. 1258 – The Truth in Caller ID Act
H.R. 1168 — Veterans Retraining Act
H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization
H.R. 1172 — Requiring List on VA Website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans
H.R. 1262, Water Quality Investment Act
H.R. 1429, Stop AIDS in Prison Act

You mock the poster because they only listed one of the bills being held up by boehner and the house (Immigration Act). Here is a very short list of some of the other bills that are also being held back by boehner.
HR 12 – Paycheck Fairness Act
H.R. 20 — Melanie Blocker Stokes Mom’s Opportunity to Access Health, Education, Research, and Support for Postpartum Depression Act
H.R. 320 — CJ’s Home Protection Act
H.R. 448 — Elder Abuse Victims Act
H.R. 466 – Wounded Veteran Job Security Act
H.R. 515 – Radioactive Import Deterrence Act
H.R. 549 — National Bombing Prevention Act
H.R. 577 – Vision Care for Kids Act
H.R. 626 – Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act
H.R. 780 – Student Internet Safety Act
H.R. 911 — Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act
H.R. 985 — Free Flow of Information Act
H.R. 1029 – Alien Smuggling and Terrorism Prevention Act
H.R. 1110 – PHONE Act and H.R. 1258 – The Truth in Caller ID Act
H.R. 1168 — Veterans Retraining Act
H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization
H.R. 1172 — Requiring List on VA Website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans
H.R. 1262, Water Quality Investment Act
H.R. 1429, Stop AIDS in Prison Act

OK.. 20 vs 290.

Stop crying. You confederates have done to the USA what you couldn't do 150 years ago. You've brought our govt. to a crashing halt. Soon you confederates will disallow democrats the right to vote. It took you 5 minutes after the SC struck down the key provisions in the VRA. Stop crying.

I see that you are a newby, you are allowed a couple of idiotic posts before you are destroyed by facts and logic. enjoy :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back