An Iraqi officer says ISIS has detonated the famous al-Nuri mosque in Mosul where leader al-Baghdadi

An Iraqi officer says ISIS has detonated the famous al-Nuri mosque in Mosul where leader al-Baghdadi declared so-called caliphate

Read more: ISIS has detonated the famous al-Nuri mosque in Mosul | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Islamic State group blows up Mosul’s landmark al-Nuri mosque (Iraqi military)
Well, that was great P.R.
That sounded strange until I looked at it in a different light.
It would be like the Westside Church blowing up a Catholic Church.
Except ISIS' leader gave his only public appearance/speech there. Maybe they aren't sentimental, though.

Palmyra then...

2BE20C6300000578-3218714-image-m-4_1441195268331.jpg

and the man who looked after the ruins (ISIS killed him)

Palmyra_crop.jpg

and now

2BA5FA1700000578-3210063-image-m-17_1440500935133.jpg

that was not a MOSQUE_----coyote dear

I don't think anyone said it was....

The sheer amount of unrecoverable history ISIS has destroyed is mind boggling :(

Reminds me of the left trying to erase history in the United States

I think there is a huge difference. It's like people trying to compare modern American politicians to Hitler and the Nazi's.

Just leave them alone, if you let some statue trigger you over something that had no effect on you there are some issues going on.

Well, there have been rumors that Al Bagdadi has been killed. Maybe they blew up the mosque as a form of mourning.

wrong religion-----it was the VIKINGS that put the dead hero in a boat----set it on fire---and shoved it out to sea

The sheer amount of unrecoverable history ISIS has destroyed is mind boggling :(

I think there is a huge difference. It's like people trying to compare modern American politicians to Hitler and the Nazi's.

Just leave them alone, if you let some statue trigger you over something that had no effect on you there are some issues going on.

Like I ALREADY said (think you missed that) - I. Don't. Care. It's up the people who live in those communities to decide.

Anyone who destroys the past isn't fit to take charge of the future.

And, how come ISIL doesn't see the problem with destroying the very place where they started their caliphate?

I am so glad to hear you say that with liberals removing all of the Civil War monuments! They are just as bad as ISIS.

Oh for God's sakes - that is a pathetic comparison.

Like I ALREADY said (think you missed that) - I. Don't. Care. It's up the people who live in those communities to decide.

The problem is SOME people in those communities "decide" and under the guise of PC force the issue.

Palmyra then...

2BE20C6300000578-3218714-image-m-4_1441195268331.jpg

and the man who looked after the ruins (ISIS killed him)

Palmyra_crop.jpg

and now

2BA5FA1700000578-3210063-image-m-17_1440500935133.jpg

I don't care whose history that gets destroyed it is all sickening to see it being done. Rebuilding it doesn't really count since anything built back up won't be the same materials that was used back then.

This is totally stomach turning. All of what they destroyed.

Anyone who destroys the past isn't fit to take charge of the future.

And, how come ISIL doesn't see the problem with destroying the very place where they started their caliphate?

I am so glad to hear you say that with liberals removing all of the Civil War monuments! They are just as bad as ISIS.

Oh for God's sakes - that is a pathetic comparison.

If liberals just hated gays, women, Jews, and Shiites, they would be indistinguishable from ISIS!

The problem is SOME people in those communities "decide" and under the guise of PC force the issue.

Everyone has the right to use their power at the polls or townhalls or petitions or whatever to be heard and to have their representatives take action. No rights are being destroyed in this and no statuary either.

Why do you care if you don't live there?

Everyone has the right to use their power at the polls or townhalls or petitions or whatever to be heard and to have their representatives take action. No rights are being destroyed in this and no statuary either.

I don't live in Egypt but would be horrified if the pyramids were destroyed over slave labor. You don't live in Iraq, why do you care?

It's part of this nation's history, we've taken our children to see the monuments, I want them to be able to take their children to see them as well

I don't live in Egypt but would be horrified if the pyramids were destroyed over slave labor. You don't live in Iraq, why do you care?

It's part of this nation's history, we've taken our children to see the monuments, I want them to be able to take their children to see them as well

Don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum? You might want to think about the equivalencies here :lol:

Don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum? You might want to think about the equivalencies here :lol:

You may want to leave history alone because you have some poltical agenda to achieve.

You may want to leave history alone because you have some poltical agenda to achieve.

Let's try this again: don't you think there is a difference between structures that are thousands of years old, from a vanished civilization...being blown up....and some historic statuary, from the losing side of a nation's civil war, being moved to a museum?

The Buddhas of Bamiyan (Persian: بت های باميان – bothā-ye Bāmiyān) were 4th- and 5th-century[3] monumental statues of standing buddha carved into the side of a cliff in the Bamyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan, 230 kilometres (140 mi) northwest of Kabul at an elevation of 2,500 metres (8,200 ft). Built in 507 CE (smaller) and 554 CE (larger),[3] the statues represented the classic blended style of Gandhara art.[4] They were 35 and 53 meters tall, respectively.[5]

Destroyed by the Taliban in 2001 for no reason other than they are not Islamic.

Except for the fact that that is not what has been happening.

Taking a statue that can be seen by thousands of people daily in a major city and squirreling it away in a museum in a small town where it might be seen by a thousand people in a couple of years? That is what happened right here in my area.

Forum List

Back