An Iraqi officer says ISIS has detonated the famous al-Nuri mosque in Mosul where leader al-Baghdadi

The sheer amount of unrecoverable history ISIS has destroyed is mind boggling :(

Anyone who destroys the past isn't fit to take charge of the future.

And, how come ISIL doesn't see the problem with destroying the very place where they started their caliphate?

The sheer amount of unrecoverable history ISIS has destroyed is mind boggling :(
It makes me as sick as anything else they've done. I suppose the human lives should be more important, but dang, ancient history can't be replaced either, any more than a human life.

It makes me as sick as anything else they've done. I suppose the human lives should be more important, but dang, ancient history can't be replaced either, any more than a human life.

When you think how many thousands of years those place survived largely intact...and now....

And, how come ISIL doesn't see the problem with destroying the very place where they started their caliphate?
I'm guessing, since it was their last stronghold in Mosul, that the thinking was, "If we can't have it, no one will have it." Kind of like abusers who kill their wives when they try to leave.

Palmyra then...

2BE20C6300000578-3218714-image-m-4_1441195268331.jpg

and the man who looked after the ruins (ISIS killed him)

Palmyra_crop.jpg

and now

2BA5FA1700000578-3210063-image-m-17_1440500935133.jpg

During WWll the Allies bombed an ancient mountain top monastery in Italy to rubble. Because they were concerned the Germans were using it as an observation post. .... :cool:

Last edited:
I'm still steamed at whoever burned the Library at Alexandria. Soldiers are the biggest Phillistines!!!!

Sounds like they were trapped and used it as a diversion.

But, being this board's No. 1 Hypocrite, you are no doubt fine with removing all monuments to Confederate Heroes all over the South.

But, being this board's No. 1 Hypocrite, you are no doubt fine with removing all monuments to Confederate Heroes all over the South.

Actually, I don't care one way or the other - imo, it's up to the people who live in those communities. Kind of sad about Robert E Lee though - he was a good man.

There's also a big difference between destroying monuments to thousands of years of ancient human history, and moving confederate statues to another place. Don't you think?

An Iraqi officer says ISIS has detonated the famous al-Nuri mosque in Mosul where leader al-Baghdadi declared so-called caliphate

Read more: ISIS has detonated the famous al-Nuri mosque in Mosul | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Islamic State group blows up Mosul’s landmark al-Nuri mosque (Iraqi military)
Well, that was great P.R.
That sounded strange until I looked at it in a different light.
It would be like the Westside Church blowing up a Catholic Church.

Forum List

Back