An example of how lazy Americans have gotten

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
In 1994, the U.S. had relatively balanced trade with Mexico and for that year actually had a 1.3 billion dollar trade SURPLUS with Mexico. By 2007, we had a 74.8 billion dollar trade DEFICIT with Mexico. The final total for 2016 was a 64.4 billion dollar trade DEFICIT. In the early to mid 1990s, from 1994 to the present, America radically changed something about its societal structure. What can we do to improve the work ethic of American workers to what it was before 1994?

In 1992, the US entered a free trade agreement with Mexico. Meaning, they tax our imports through VAT taxes, but we don't tax theirs. So, we lose.

In 1995, the World Trade Organizations was formed, and the US surrounded trade sovereignty to them on the first day of business.

I don't think "lazy" is a part of it. Wetbacks have taken jobs and others rendered obsolete by technology.

I did some googling and I noticed one strange coincidence. In 1994, we entered NAFTA. Within 2 years, we went from a 1 billion dollars surplus to a 17 billion dollar deficit. In 5 more years, we had a 30 trillion dollar deficit. 6 more years and it was a 75 billion dollar trade deficit.

Forum List

Back