An electoral map, just for the fun of it, giving the GOP their dream states

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
upload_2016-5-18_13-42-44.png

I even gave the GOP Pennsylvania and Ohio and they still lost. Like I have been saying, the combination of historical Hispanic turnout, Black vote, and Women vote, Donnie is doomed.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-18_13-41-26.png
    upload_2016-5-18_13-41-26.png
    812 KB · Views: 74
They'll look at that map and see alot of red, which represents dirt (low populations) rather than people, and wonder why dirt loses elections.

A few things:

1. Florida has Green Party voters and in 2000 the Green vote did cost Al Gore the election in Florida and not the hanging chads, and Florida could go purple which mean it is a toss.

2. Illinois outside Chicago is deep red and also has Green type voters within the city of Chicago and again could go purple which mean it could be a toss.

3. California should go to the Democrats but again the Green voter could ditch Hillary Clinton which could put that state into play.

Now I know you and many on the left will scuff at the idea of Green Party and Independent voters not voting for Hillary but it could happen. The damage that Bernie Sanders has done to Hillary Clinton can be seen clearly if you do not have your partisan glasses on.

Now I am not going to say the Green Party voter will switch to vote for Trump, but they could vote third part or just stay home because of their hatred for Clinton.

I know, I know, I know why did I write that when everyone know Hillary Clinton is already the victorious winner in all this, but reality is not looking like it understands this as of yet.

You better hope there is no third party Progressive and you better hope the GOP back Johnson on the Libertarian or someone like Cruz run third party to steal Texas from Trump...

A few things:

1. Florida has Green Party voters and in 2000 the Green vote did cost Al Gore the election in Florida and not the hanging chads, and Florida could go purple which mean it is a toss.

2. Illinois outside Chicago is deep red and also has Green type voters within the city of Chicago and again could go purple which mean it could be a toss.

3. California should go to the Democrats but again the Green voter could ditch Hillary Clinton which could put that state into play.

Now I know you and many on the left will scuff at the idea of Green Party and Independent voters not voting for Hillary but it could happen. The damage that Bernie Sanders has done to Hillary Clinton can be seen clearly if you do not have your partisan glasses on.

Now I am not going to say the Green Party voter will switch to vote for Trump, but they could vote third part or just stay home because of their hatred for Clinton.

I know, I know, I know why did I write that when everyone know Hillary Clinton is already the victorious winner in all this, but reality is not looking like it understands this as of yet.

You better hope there is no third party Progressive and you better hope the GOP back Johnson on the Libertarian or someone like Cruz run third party to steal Texas from Trump...

No. The supreme court cost him the election.

1.4 million voters turned out for the GOP primary in Illinois.

2 million voters turned out for the Democratic primary in Illinois.

Obama beat Romney by 17 points in Illinois.

Obama beat McCain by 25 points in Illinois.

And just in case you think that was some kind of Favorite Son effect, Bill Clinton beat Bob Dole by 18 points in Illinois, Gore beat Bush by 12, and Kerry beat Bush by 10 points.

You are dreaming.

The Green party has never scored more than half a percent in California.

Kerry beat Bush by 10 points in California.

Obama beat McCain by 25 points in California.

Obama beat Romney by 23 points in California.

In short, Illinois and California are solid blue states.

And just in case you think that was some kind of Favorite Son effect, Bill Clinton beat Bob Dole by 18 points in Illinois, Gore beat Bush by 12, and Kerry beat Bush by 10 points.

You are dreaming.

You never been to Illinois so you have no damn clue about what you are writing about. The only part of Illinois that is blue is CHICAGO!

If you lived in Illinois you would know this and the burbs are purple and the rest of the state is redder than Texas!

Now of course you will deny this so tell me how many Democratic Governors has Illinois had since Jim Thompson and how many Republican Governors has it had since Jim Thompson?

Also if Jim Edgar had ran for that Senate Seat that Obama had won, well there would have been no President Obama because Jim Edgar was very popular as a governor for that state and he is Republican.

So no the State of Illinois is not blue but the city of Chicago is and if Hillary Clinton does not get a massive turnout in the city then yes it could go Red this year.

Now want to know how I know this?

I grew up in Joilet and no the state has not changed that much and in fact it is very conservative outside Chicago!

You are dreaming.

Also you idiots believe those voting for Sanders will vote for Clinton and the reality is they will not. Clinton is hated within her own damn party just like Trump, so the question will be which one do you hate less?

It is like Gore and Bush all over again!

I'm not sure you should count on MI It surprised the pundits by going for both Bernie and Trump.

Folks there know what here husband did with NAFTA. They know she helped write the TPP

Michigan Shows Trump Could Redraw Electoral Map vs. Clinton
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432528/donald-trumps-michigan-win-hints-general-election-appeal

Bernie Sanders, who trailed in many recent Michigan polls by more than 20 points, stunned the political universe by winning the state Tuesday, taking 50 percent to Clinton’s 48 percent and beating her by some 20,000 votes. A plurality of Michigan’s Democratic electorate, 36 percent, were whites without a college degree. Clinton lost those voters badly to Sanders, 58 percent to 41 percent. An even bigger majority than in the GOP primary — 58 percent — said trading with other countries “takes away U.S. jobs,” and Sanders won those voters by double digits, once again taking 58 percent to Clinton’s 41 percent. All told, Trump, running in a four-person race, won roughly 483,000 votes in Michigan. Clinton, facing a single opponent, won approximately 576,000. And in a state with a traditionally sizable bloc of swing voters, another statistic stood out. Whereas Trump won a plurality of the 31 percent of self-described independents in Michigan’s GOP primary, Clinton was trounced, 71 percent to 28 percent, among the 28 percent of self-described independents who participated in the Democratic primary.

A few things:

Gore costs gore the election.

Elections are not won or lost on election night, they are won over the months prior. His running away from 8 years of peace and prosperity still has political scientists shaking their heads. And for good reason.

I'm not sure you should count on MI It surprised the pundits by going for both Bernie and Trump.

Folks there know what here husband did with NAFTA. They know she helped write the TPP

Michigan Shows Trump Could Redraw Electoral Map vs. Clinton
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432528/donald-trumps-michigan-win-hints-general-election-appeal

Bernie Sanders, who trailed in many recent Michigan polls by more than 20 points, stunned the political universe by winning the state Tuesday, taking 50 percent to Clinton’s 48 percent and beating her by some 20,000 votes. A plurality of Michigan’s Democratic electorate, 36 percent, were whites without a college degree. Clinton lost those voters badly to Sanders, 58 percent to 41 percent. An even bigger majority than in the GOP primary — 58 percent — said trading with other countries “takes away U.S. jobs,” and Sanders won those voters by double digits, once again taking 58 percent to Clinton’s 41 percent. All told, Trump, running in a four-person race, won roughly 483,000 votes in Michigan. Clinton, facing a single opponent, won approximately 576,000. And in a state with a traditionally sizable bloc of swing voters, another statistic stood out. Whereas Trump won a plurality of the 31 percent of self-described independents in Michigan’s GOP primary, Clinton was trounced, 71 percent to 28 percent, among the 28 percent of self-described independents who participated in the Democratic primary.

Florida is no lock either

You are dreaming.

You never been to Illinois so you have no damn clue about what you are writing about. The only part of Illinois that is blue is CHICAGO!

If you lived in Illinois you would know this and the burbs are purple and the rest of the state is redder than Texas!

Now of course you will deny this so tell me how many Democratic Governors has Illinois had since Jim Thompson and how many Republican Governors has it had since Jim Thompson?

Also if Jim Edgar had ran for that Senate Seat that Obama had won, well there would have been no President Obama because Jim Edgar was very popular as a governor for that state and he is Republican.

So no the State of Illinois is not blue but the city of Chicago is and if Hillary Clinton does not get a massive turnout in the city then yes it could go Red this year.

Now want to know how I know this?

I grew up in Joilet and no the state has not changed that much and in fact it is very conservative outside Chicago!

Obama won Illinois without including Cook and Dupage counties with 52.6% of the vote...if you add in Dupage county in he won with 52.9% of the vote. Illinois is not "solid red" outside of Chicago...

A few things:

Elections are not won or lost on election night, they are won over the months prior. His running away from 8 years of peace and prosperity still has political scientists shaking their heads. And for good reason.

Gore should have embraced Clinton, and I believe if he would have, it wouldn't have come down to such a close decision. The fact remains that the supreme court gave the presidency to shrub.

A few things:

Agreed. He didn't want to win.

They had an agreement. Those old bonesmen. :dev3:

A few things:

And we paid for it with eight years of Dufuss...

If Donald wins, the GOP loses its values and its long term viability. He will turn on the conservatives before he is inaugurated.

If Donald loses, the GOP still loses. Then they must pick up the pieces and try to recover the conservative principles that Donnie has trampled on.

A few things:

Gore should have embraced Clinton, and I believe if he would have, it wouldn't have come down to such a close decision. The fact remains that the supreme court gave the presidency to shrub.

Correct.

Forum List

Back