An Apology to African Americans

If you're white and can't make it in America you're a loser. The fact you want reparations tells me all I need to know.

White people haven't traditionally needed reparations since the playing field is tipped in their favor. Do you deny you benefit from white privilege? Have all your bosses been white?

Your lack of compassion for tens of millions of poor whites is noted and held against you.

The field has not been tilted in our favor in my lifetime.

Myth 1: The only way to create a color-blind society is to adopt color-blind policies.
Although this statement sounds intuitively plausible, the reality is that color-blind policies often put racial minorities at a disadvantage. For instance, all else being equal, color-blind seniority systems tend to protect White workers against job layoffs, because senior employees are usually White (Ezorsky, 1991). Likewise, color-blind college admissions favor White students because of their earlier educational advantages. Unless preexisting inequities are corrected or otherwise taken into account, color-blind policies do not correct racial injustice -- they reinforce it.
Myth 1 is not a Myth; however, it takes time. Over time, years or perhaps over 2 or 3 generations a color-blind society can be reached by adopting color-blind policies. Policies such as AA may help in the short term, but in the long term if continued will prevent having a color-blind society.
It's time to end AA and adopt color-blind policies now.
Trump & Sessions are already working to put a stop to it, but that's not enough.

Reparations$$$ will have to be paid to all the whites who have suffered huge losses $$$ from AA. Even in retirement, we still suffer due to reduced social security from all reduced wages
If any blacks (or white liberals) were to apologize to me for 50 years of Affirmative Action racial discrimination against me (& millions of whites), I would not accept their apologies. Apologies are for the benefit of the apologizers

Let blacks & their white Libby buddies pay me reparations$$ for the millions$$ that their racist Affirmative Action has cost me over 50 years. That I'll accept.
If you're white and can't make it in America you're a loser. The fact you want reparations tells me all I need to know.

White people haven't traditionally needed reparations since the playing field is tipped in their favor. Do you deny you benefit from white privilege? Have all your bosses been white?
There is no such thing as white privilege. That is a myth that blacks are conned into thinking to get them to vote Democrat

Quite amazing after 50 years of Affirmative Action discrimination against whites, that somebody could not recognize all this black privilege, and massive victimization of whites

How dumb

If you're black and can't make it in America, with all the advantage of Affirmative Action going for you, you're a loser
Everything you say is a myth
Deep in denial, huh ? Well Affirmative Action is no myth. Blacks are the beneficiaries; Whites are the victims. Been that way for 56 years.

Welcome to the real world.
If any blacks (or white liberals) were to apologize to me for 50 years of Affirmative Action racial discrimination against me (& millions of whites), I would not accept their apologies. Apologies are for the benefit of the apologizers

Let blacks & their white Libby buddies pay me reparations$$ for the millions$$ that their racist Affirmative Action has cost me over 50 years. That I'll accept.

There is no such thing as white privilege. That is a myth that blacks are conned into thinking to get them to vote Democrat

Quite amazing after 50 years of Affirmative Action discrimination against whites, that somebody could not recognize all this black privilege, and massive victimization of whites

How dumb

If you're black and can't make it in America, with all the advantage of Affirmative Action going for you, you're a loser
Deep in denial, huh ? Well Affirmative Action is no myth. Blacks are the beneficiaries; Whites are the victims. Been that way for 56 years.

Lol...... Right. 56 years ago it was 1961. If you had been black in this country in 1961 you would have probably committed suicide.
I was 15 years old in 1961. Lots of blacks in my high school. They were OK. Same as everyone else.

AN APOLOGY TO AFRICAN AMERICANS – LONG OVERDUE

I couldn’t focus at work today. My mind kept taking me back to Charlottesville.

I kept seeing the hate in the eyes of the KKK, White Supremacists and Neo-Nazi protesters.

I kept hearing the voices of those who vowed to “take their country back” and rid it of all diversity and unity.

In my heart, I can find no other response but to apologize – for their hatred, for their violence, for their total ignorance of who you really are.

I am a white woman who has been married to a black man for 37 years.

I KNOW you are wonderful. I KNOW you are spiritual. I KNOW you are warm, loving and forgiving. I KNOW you deserve better. I KNOW you deserve an apology.

An apology from our nation, from our leaders and from every white person who has never spoken up against racism and the way you have been treated in this United States of America.

As one individual, I do apologize. Right here. Right now.

It may not help a lot. It may not change the course of history. It may not even make a crack in the wall that divides us. But still – I APOLOGIZE.

Delores Paulk
So, that almost sounded sincere. Do you apologize for the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, or the sinking of the Lusitania, as well? Please, you apology is as meaningless it is sycophantic pandering. I am sure you are sincere. What difference does it make?
Years ago "something told me" to go visit an elderly member of my church. I ignored that little voice in my head, did not go, and that night he passed away.

Now when I get that little voice in my head, like I did when I wrote this letter, I listen and act. As far as what good it does - that's not up to me. It's like tossing a rock into the water and waiting for the ripples. You never know. I gave a copy of this letter to a young man on the subway and he said, "Thanks a lot for that." Another lady I gave it to hugged me and said "That was very moving. Thank you."

I believe I am God's instrument in the world. He uses me however He wills.
I throw out messages here all the time. As if it means anything. If I could kiss a toad and make it a prince, I would. Apologizing for something I never did that is long dead and gone is about up there with kissing a frog. WHY do it? It can't hurt, true. I will apologize for slavery. Opps. Sorry for the hundred years war, Sorry Galileo for your persecution. Sorry, Mary queen of Scots for your beheading . Sorry the shuttle Columbia blew up. Sorry for Waterloo. Sorry the Titanic sank. Sorry for assassinating Arch Duke Ferdinand. You get the point. It's pointless and dosen't solve anything.So maybe a little FORGIVENESS would be in order about now?

Your ignorance is astounding. 50 years ago the CUNY (its 18 colleges) had an open admissions program (AA). Was set up to bring blacks into the university system. High school grade requirements were abolished. Any dum dum could be admitted. Classes were watered down to 8th grade levels
Total mess.

And how can anyone think it to be easier for a white guy than a black ? When blacks are beneficiaries of race discrimination in AA, and get first chances for jobs, job promotion, college admissions, college financial aid, business loans, etc

You don't know anything.

Total nonsense. What university
The pro-black discrimination has been documented in studies and reverse discrimination cases over and over again.

TO deny it is increasingly irrational.

Then provide a link.

Here the one to a study that was able to give a nice hard number to HOW MUCH discrimination is found in Ivy League college admissions.

NOrmally I would like to link to a report about the article, to make it more readable, BUT all the ones I find that are NOT found conservative sites, seem solely concerned with the impact on Asians, without reference to whites.

https://www.princeton.edu/~tje/files/webAdmission Preferences Espenshade Chung Walling Dec 2004.pdf

"Based on complete data for three applicant cohorts to three of the most academically selective research universities, we show that admission bonuses for athletes and legacies rival, and sometimes even exceed, the size of preferences for underrepresented minority applicants. Being African American instead of white is worth an average of 230 additional SAT points on a 1600-point scale, but recruited athletes reap an advantage equivalent to 200 SAT points. Other things equal, Hispanic applicants gain the equivalent of 185 points, which is only slightly more than the legacy advantage, which is worth 160 points. Coming from an Asian background, however, is comparable to the loss of 50 SAT points. As sizeable as these preferences are, we provide evidence that their magnitudes are biased down by relying on SAT scores as the sole indicator of academic merit. When such additional measures as high school GPA and class rank are included, being a recruited athlete has an even greater impact on one’s chances of admission. The African-American and Hispanic advantage also increases, as does the disadvantage if one has an Asian background."

I don't want to hear about athletes and legacies. I want to strictly talk about blacks. Because adding in athletes taints the results big time! And I'm sorry but people want to go to UofM because they have a good football program.

Fact is, less than 1% of whites are affected by aa. I'm guessing MUCH less than 1%. What about the small minority that suffers? It's worth the price. But I'll never convince you guys that so do away with it and show black people how fair you are going to be to them after AA is gone.

THe study covered different issues, but the fact that the number for athletes and legacies are listed there does not change teh fact that the effective sat bonus for black skin was 230 points.

Indeed, even if you don't about it, it gives you a sense of the size of the problem when having black skin is 15 % more valuable than being a competitive athlete?

On a 1600 point scale, 160 points is ten percent. 230 points?That's a big hill for a poor white kid hoping for a scholarship to climb.

No dreams for you, stupid white kid. Go work in the mills. Oops, they are all closed. While, whatever.

Or go to another school. I don't know why I didn't get into UofM. How many white kids don't get into these colleges because of AA? A very small number. But how many blacks who should have got hired didn't just because they are black? Lots. You seem to not care to fix that problem. I guess why should you care? You aren't black.

I think/hope Republicans end it. I want blacks to know definitively that conservatives and Republicans are much worse than liberals and Democrats.
Where are you getting your information from ? CNN ? MSNBC ? Your stuff is BS.

I kept seeing the hate in the eyes of the KKK, White Supremacists and Neo-Nazi protesters.

I kept hearing the voices of those who vowed to “take their country back” and rid it of all diversity and unity.

In my heart, I can find no other response but to apologize – for their hatred, for their violence, for their total ignorance of who you really are.

I KNOW you are wonderful. I KNOW you are spiritual. I KNOW you are warm, loving and forgiving. I KNOW you deserve better. I KNOW you deserve an apology.

An apology from our nation, from our leaders and from every white person who has never spoken up against racism and the way you have been treated in this United States of America.

It may not help a lot. It may not change the course of history. It may not even make a crack in the wall that divides us. But still – I APOLOGIZE.

Delores Paulk
I got over this attitude 30 years ago.
It's not an attitude you "get over"

My guess is you never had it

Isn't forgiveness the "Yin" to the apology "Yang"?
yinyang.gif

Delores Paulk

Take a look at my thread "Nazi Racism Revealed." But you better do it quick. Because unlike your BS thread, I don't expect it to last long. Being all truthful and all.

Delores Paulk
I got over this attitude 30 years ago.
It's not an attitude you "get over"

My guess is you never had it
Shows you what you know.
I've been with the same black woman for 40 years now.
Being part of a black family for this long has shown me much more than some Snowflake knows about them. Because when they throw that "It's a black thing" excuse at me or tell me I wouldn't know cuz I ain't black.....I just laugh at them.

White people don't have to apologize to anyone just because of the color of their skin.
Deep down inside....everyone is the same.
Blacks just use their blackness as a crutch...better known as an excuse.

Then provide a link.

Here the one to a study that was able to give a nice hard number to HOW MUCH discrimination is found in Ivy League college admissions.

NOrmally I would like to link to a report about the article, to make it more readable, BUT all the ones I find that are NOT found conservative sites, seem solely concerned with the impact on Asians, without reference to whites.

https://www.princeton.edu/~tje/files/webAdmission Preferences Espenshade Chung Walling Dec 2004.pdf

"Based on complete data for three applicant cohorts to three of the most academically selective research universities, we show that admission bonuses for athletes and legacies rival, and sometimes even exceed, the size of preferences for underrepresented minority applicants. Being African American instead of white is worth an average of 230 additional SAT points on a 1600-point scale, but recruited athletes reap an advantage equivalent to 200 SAT points. Other things equal, Hispanic applicants gain the equivalent of 185 points, which is only slightly more than the legacy advantage, which is worth 160 points. Coming from an Asian background, however, is comparable to the loss of 50 SAT points. As sizeable as these preferences are, we provide evidence that their magnitudes are biased down by relying on SAT scores as the sole indicator of academic merit. When such additional measures as high school GPA and class rank are included, being a recruited athlete has an even greater impact on one’s chances of admission. The African-American and Hispanic advantage also increases, as does the disadvantage if one has an Asian background."

I don't want to hear about athletes and legacies. I want to strictly talk about blacks. Because adding in athletes taints the results big time! And I'm sorry but people want to go to UofM because they have a good football program.

Fact is, less than 1% of whites are affected by aa. I'm guessing MUCH less than 1%. What about the small minority that suffers? It's worth the price. But I'll never convince you guys that so do away with it and show black people how fair you are going to be to them after AA is gone.
Nonsense! Almost ALL whites suffer losses from AA. Liberals claim the darndest things.

How is this possible? I just explained to you the number of blacks is so small that way less than 1% of whites would be affected by it. And the purpose is to make up for all the whites who won't hire blacks. There are way more blacks that are affected by racist hiring managers than there are whites who've been hurt by affirmative action.

I bet none of you have been hurt by AA. I haven't.

By the way, I just got a huge raise today. I thought I would get it in January but the president said he wants to reward me for all the great work I'm doing now, not next year.
Your posts are crazy. The opposite of what's true. ALL whites are discriminated against by AA.

There are no blacks being discriminated against. They are all benefiting from AA.

In my case, my WHOLE LIFE was ruined by AA. Had to drop out of grad school. For 40 years, never made more than $12/hour. Occasionally worked for minimum wage, just to get the rent paid.

Even now, I suffer from the reduced social security payments.

"ALL Whites are discriminated against by AA"?

Judging from what you post, its not a surprise at all that you never made more than 12.00 an hour. You ruined your own life by being ill prepared to compete in an ever changing world.

What about the current POTUS? What about the billionaires in his administration?

They are are all victims of AA like you?

Black people need to get over the perpetual victim mentality and take that chip off their shoulder.

I'm sick of hearing about their great, great, grandpappy and mammy being slaves, and how I'm somehow responsible.

Black people, get a grip and get a life. .... :cool:

Sunni Man. I know you are into this type of thing. Take a look at my thread "Nazi racism revealed."

Nonsense! Almost ALL whites suffer losses from AA. Liberals claim the darndest things.

How is this possible? I just explained to you the number of blacks is so small that way less than 1% of whites would be affected by it. And the purpose is to make up for all the whites who won't hire blacks. There are way more blacks that are affected by racist hiring managers than there are whites who've been hurt by affirmative action.

By the way, I just got a huge raise today. I thought I would get it in January but the president said he wants to reward me for all the great work I'm doing now, not next year.
Your posts are crazy. The opposite of what's true. ALL whites are discriminated against by AA.

There are no blacks being discriminated against. They are all benefiting from AA.

In my case, my WHOLE LIFE was ruined by AA. Had to drop out of grad school. For 40 years, never made more than $12/hour. Occasionally worked for minimum wage, just to get the rent paid.

Judging from what you post, its not a surprise at all that you never made more than 12.00 an hour. You ruined your own life by being ill prepared to compete in an ever changing world.

What about the current POTUS? What about the billionaires in his administration?

Yet if he were black , you would make all the excuses in the world for him and show compassion and concern.

YOu are the racist here.

Yet if he were black , you would make all the excuses in the world for him and show compassion and concern.

YOu are the racist here.

You're an idiot for ASSuming that which you don't know for certain.

I have no compassion or concern to waste on ANYONE in an anonymous forum like this.

You and him are exactly alike.

"VICTIMS that the world has done wrong".

Are you also saying that "ALL white people are victims of AA and ALL blacks are beneficiaries of it"?

LMAO.

Last edited:
Then provide a link.

THe study covered different issues, but the fact that the number for athletes and legacies are listed there does not change teh fact that the effective sat bonus for black skin was 230 points.

Indeed, even if you don't about it, it gives you a sense of the size of the problem when having black skin is 15 % more valuable than being a competitive athlete?

On a 1600 point scale, 160 points is ten percent. 230 points?That's a big hill for a poor white kid hoping for a scholarship to climb.

No dreams for you, stupid white kid. Go work in the mills. Oops, they are all closed. While, whatever.

Or go to another school. I don't know why I didn't get into UofM. How many white kids don't get into these colleges because of AA? A very small number. But how many blacks who should have got hired didn't just because they are black? Lots. You seem to not care to fix that problem. I guess why should you care? You aren't black.

I think/hope Republicans end it. I want blacks to know definitively that conservatives and Republicans are much worse than liberals and Democrats.

1. If blacks get a 230 point bonus for black skin, the number is probably higher than you think.

2. AND this is just one small part of the larger issues. THe forces that drive that discrimination are universal in our society.

3. How many blacks not hired because black? IMO, few. The witch hunt to find any such shit is too strong. In my time in management, it was made clear that any accusation and you would be thrown under the bus so the upper management could cover their asses.

4. Any reasonable black should be able to see that such discrimination in their favor will blow up in their face someday.
Kennedy, Johnson, nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton Obama and Bush's disagreed with your feelings on aa.

But the only thing that matters is what Trump Ryan and McConnell think and can they get enough Republicans to go along.

Maybe it's time to end it.

This proves my point in my thread "I'm a Republican now". The Democrats didn't let blacks down. Republicans convinced blacks this is true so they wouldn't vote and it worked. Blacks let Democrats down. The corporate media kept showing blacks that white cops are still killing blacks. It's as if Steve bannon decides what news we discuss. Genius.

So end aa already. Give blacks a reason to show up for us

Last edited:
Then provide a link.

1. If blacks get a 230 point bonus for black skin, the number is probably higher than you think.

2. AND this is just one small part of the larger issues. THe forces that drive that discrimination are universal in our society.

3. How many blacks not hired because black? IMO, few. The witch hunt to find any such shit is too strong. In my time in management, it was made clear that any accusation and you would be thrown under the bus so the upper management could cover their asses.

4. Any reasonable black should be able to see that such discrimination in their favor will blow up in their face someday.
I don't think any black who got a job at Ford in the 1970 and retired in 2000 with a pension has a problem that finally companies were forced to hire on black people.

And I know it sucks that white privilege didn't keep them out. Wouldn't it be great if we could have kept pretending that the white was always more qualified.

But I am serious now is probably a good time to end affirmative action.

Your lack of compassion for tens of millions of poor whites is noted and held against you.

Myth 1: The only way to create a color-blind society is to adopt color-blind policies.
Although this statement sounds intuitively plausible, the reality is that color-blind policies often put racial minorities at a disadvantage. For instance, all else being equal, color-blind seniority systems tend to protect White workers against job layoffs, because senior employees are usually White (Ezorsky, 1991). Likewise, color-blind college admissions favor White students because of their earlier educational advantages. Unless preexisting inequities are corrected or otherwise taken into account, color-blind policies do not correct racial injustice -- they reinforce it.
Myth 1 is not a Myth; however, it takes time. Over time, years or perhaps over 2 or 3 generations a color-blind society can be reached by adopting color-blind policies. Policies such as AA may help in the short term, but in the long term if continued will prevent having a color-blind society.
Trump & Sessions are already working to put a stop to it, but that's not enough.

Reparations$$$ will have to be paid to all the whites who have suffered huge losses $$$ from AA. Even in retirement, we still suffer due to reduced social security from all reduced wages

How dumb

How dumb

Lol...... Right. 56 years ago it was 1961. If you had been black in this country in 1961 you would have probably committed suicide.
I was 15 years old in 1961. Lots of blacks in my high school. They were OK. Same as everyone else.
Too bad your father wouldn't hire them and it turns out you're just as racist as him!

How dumb

How dumb

And in 1961, YOUR parents and other white people like them were being displaced in colleges as well as the workplace all over America?

Suuuuure.

Delores Paulk
So, that almost sounded sincere. Do you apologize for the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, or the sinking of the Lusitania, as well? Please, you apology is as meaningless it is sycophantic pandering. I am sure you are sincere. What difference does it make?
Years ago "something told me" to go visit an elderly member of my church. I ignored that little voice in my head, did not go, and that night he passed away.

Now when I get that little voice in my head, like I did when I wrote this letter, I listen and act. As far as what good it does - that's not up to me. It's like tossing a rock into the water and waiting for the ripples. You never know. I gave a copy of this letter to a young man on the subway and he said, "Thanks a lot for that." Another lady I gave it to hugged me and said "That was very moving. Thank you."

I believe I am God's instrument in the world. He uses me however He wills.
I throw out messages here all the time. As if it means anything. If I could kiss a toad and make it a prince, I would. Apologizing for something I never did that is long dead and gone is about up there with kissing a frog. WHY do it? It can't hurt, true. I will apologize for slavery. Opps. Sorry for the hundred years war, Sorry Galileo for your persecution. Sorry, Mary queen of Scots for your beheading . Sorry the shuttle Columbia blew up. Sorry for Waterloo. Sorry the Titanic sank. Sorry for assassinating Arch Duke Ferdinand. You get the point. It's pointless and dosen't solve anything.So maybe a little FORGIVENESS would be in order about now?
Even if your parents were the worst thank them for having you. As bad as your ancestors past was it led to your parents meeting and having you.

This world would be nothing without me. Not to me anyways.

Anyways, I only apologize for what my country does now. I'm Greek but I won't be held responsible for what Greece does. I am however somewhat responsible for what America does. As for Trump, I tried to beat him

Then provide a link.

Where are you getting your information from ? CNN ? MSNBC ? Your stuff is BS.
It's called reality. What part did you disagree with exactly?

spacer.gif

In posthumously restoring the full rights of citizenship to Jefferson Davis, the Congress officially completes the long process of reconciliation that has reunited our people following the tragic conflict between the States. Earlier, he was specifically exempted form resolutions restoring the rights of other officials in the Confederacy. He had served the United States long and honorably as a soldier, Member of the U.S. House and Senate, and as Secretary of War. General Robert E. Lee's citizenship was restored in 1976. It is fitting that Jefferson Davis should no longer be singled out for punishment.

Our Nation needs to clear away the guilts and enmities and recriminations of the past, to finally set at rest the divisions that threatened to destroy our Nation and to discredit the principles on which it was founded. Our people need to turn their attention to the important tasks that still lie before us in establishing those principles for all people.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=29993

Forum List

Back