Amy Coney Barrett's America

Actually, civil rights will still be intact. This is the old fear mongering scenario to muck up reality.
She's a Constitutionalist, probably won't be legislating law, but interpreting the law. Unlike,
the liberal justices Kagen and Sotomayor.

Actually. No.

Take this case in which as an appellate judge she made a questionable ruling establishing a highly questionable standard of justice.

Now. A Prison Guard raped an inmate. The inmate was powerless to resist, and in fact under the Law was a Ward of the State/County managing the facility. The Guard was finally caught and prosecuted. However the jury verdict in the lawsuit was overturned by among others Ms. Bennett.

The rational was that the rape of this woman was not in the job description of the guard. In other words you can’t hold the County liable for the actions of the guard because they did not tell him to do it.

This invalidates literally centuries of principles. If I hire you to do a job as an employee. I am responsible for insuring you are doing it properly and right. If I hire you to drive a Truck. I am responsible for making sure you as my agent or employee are following the laws and regulations. If you drive for twenty hour straight and fall asleep behind the wheel and wipe out a family in an accident. I am liable. I can’t say I never told him to do that. You can’t blame me.

What happened here is that exact thing. Nobody told him to rape an inmate. So you can’t hold the County liable. It completely ignores the inherent responsibility of the employer to supervise and manage employees.

One of your civil rights is the right to sue for just compensation for wrongs. That Civil Right has already been harmed. The question is will that harm be irrevocable or temporary? If appointed to the Supreme Court that harm may be irrevocable.

It encourages employers, especially public service employers to abdicate the responsibilities they have always been expected to exercise. If this stands than your ability to get compensation for wrongs will be determined by what the employer told the employee to do. I never told him to do that will be a get out of jail free card. Every supervisor would be encouraged to become Sergeant Shultz from Hogans Heroes. I see nothing. I hear nothing. I know nothing.

. . . interesting. . .

Given the way big tech and silicon valley has been acting lately? I can't for the life of me understand WHY the left has a problem with any of that? :dunno:

:auiqs.jpg:

What is hilarious to me is I am either a Left Wing idiot when I disagree with the Right. Or I am a Right Wing moron when I disagree with the Left.

I see myself as a Constitutionalist. I am a member of the ACLU and the NRA. I believe all the Civil Rights matter.

Actually, civil rights will still be intact. This is the old fear mongering scenario to muck up reality.
She's a Constitutionalist, probably won't be legislating law, but interpreting the law. Unlike,

Actually. No.

Take this case in which as an appellate judge she made a questionable ruling establishing a highly questionable standard of justice.

Now. A Prison Guard raped an inmate. The inmate was powerless to resist, and in fact under the Law was a Ward of the State/County managing the facility. The Guard was finally caught and prosecuted. However the jury verdict in the lawsuit was overturned by among others Ms. Bennett.

The rational was that the rape of this woman was not in the job description of the guard. In other words you can’t hold the County liable for the actions of the guard because they did not tell him to do it.

This invalidates literally centuries of principles. If I hire you to do a job as an employee. I am responsible for insuring you are doing it properly and right. If I hire you to drive a Truck. I am responsible for making sure you as my agent or employee are following the laws and regulations. If you drive for twenty hour straight and fall asleep behind the wheel and wipe out a family in an accident. I am liable. I can’t say I never told him to do that. You can’t blame me.

What happened here is that exact thing. Nobody told him to rape an inmate. So you can’t hold the County liable. It completely ignores the inherent responsibility of the employer to supervise and manage employees.

One of your civil rights is the right to sue for just compensation for wrongs. That Civil Right has already been harmed. The question is will that harm be irrevocable or temporary? If appointed to the Supreme Court that harm may be irrevocable.

It encourages employers, especially public service employers to abdicate the responsibilities they have always been expected to exercise. If this stands than your ability to get compensation for wrongs will be determined by what the employer told the employee to do. I never told him to do that will be a get out of jail free card. Every supervisor would be encouraged to become Sergeant Shultz from Hogans Heroes. I see nothing. I hear nothing. I know nothing.

. . . interesting. . .

Given the way big tech and silicon valley has been acting lately? I can't for the life of me understand WHY the left has a problem with any of that? :dunno:

What is hilarious to me is I am either a Left Wing idiot when I disagree with the Right. Or I am a Right Wing moron when I disagree with the Left.

I see myself as a Constitutionalist. I am a member of the ACLU and the NRA. I believe all the Civil Rights matter.

Bwahahaha, you're a left loon, dude.

Actually. No.

. . . interesting. . .

You are just one confused ass lunatic.......

Actually. No.

. . . interesting. . .

Agreed.

I found out about some of Kavanaugh's stands, I thought they were draconian. . . . none of the conservative should have supported his nomination, the were fascist in nature, they were not in support of small government. That whole college sex abuse thing I believe was to distract everyone.

Horrible.

Actually. No.

From what I read, she and the other two judges interpreted the law that they had. Perhaps, the law needs to be changed, but, that's not under her purview.
Obviously, a new law needs to be legislated, but not from the bench. I stand behind my prior post.

A law that violates a clearly enumerated right is exactly her purview. We have more than enough Judges who shrug and say that is the law when it is clearly Unconstitutional.

Actually. No.

. . . interesting. . .

OK. I am a Left Wing Idiot who supports the Second and has a Concealed Carry License. Or Something.

Actually. No.

. . . interesting. . .

OK. I am a Left Wing Idiot who supports the Second and has a Concealed Carry License. Or Something.

I've read your content, lefty

Give up the ghost

"So that’s that then. The confirmation hearings are over and it is almost inevitable that Amy Coney Barrett will be confirmed as a supreme court justice before the November election. Barrett will shift the supreme court from a 5-4 conservative majority to a 6-3 super-majority, a move that could fundamentally reshape America. Goodbye civil rights, hello Gilead.

You’ve got to hand it to the Republicans really; they get things done. They don’t care about being called hypocrites. They don’t care about ignoring Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish that she not be replaced until after the election. They don’t care about common decency. They don’t care about democracy. They just care about power – and they will do whatever it takes to get it."

No, Republicans and conservatives don’t care about any of that.
RGB's dying wish was that you would grow the fuck up, you damn drama queen.

"So that’s that then. The confirmation hearings are over and it is almost inevitable that Amy Coney Barrett will be confirmed as a supreme court justice before the November election. Barrett will shift the supreme court from a 5-4 conservative majority to a 6-3 super-majority, a move that could fundamentally reshape America. Goodbye civil rights, hello Gilead.

You’ve got to hand it to the Republicans really; they get things done. They don’t care about being called hypocrites. They don’t care about ignoring Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish that she not be replaced until after the election. They don’t care about common decency. They don’t care about democracy. They just care about power – and they will do whatever it takes to get it."

No, Republicans and conservatives don’t care about any of that.
Oh, you poor pitiful creature. You aren't around any sharp objects, are you?

I found out about some of Kavanaugh's stands, I thought they were draconian. . . . none of the conservative should have supported his nomination, the were fascist in nature, they were not in support of small government. That whole college sex abuse thing I believe was to distract everyone.

Have you ever thought that for some of us Conservatism = Authoritarianism not small government? Thst maybe some of us ARE thst Draconian I our values and beliefs?

In Amy Coney Barrett's America we’ll witness the balkanization of citizens’ rights and protected liberties – where governments’ recognition of those rights will depend on one’s state of residence.

Have you ever thought that for some of us Conservatism = Authoritarianism not small government? Thst maybe some of us ARE thst Draconian I our values and beliefs?
tumblr_mrqask2Ks61rm8en1o1_500.gif

. . . are you saying that you support authoritarianism?

Because the Constitution and originalism is about guaranteeing civil rights and civil liberties, you know, natural rights, enshrined in the Bill of Rights.

It really doesn't matter what a person's beliefs are, be they liberal or conservative, that is not what the law is for. It is not supposed to promote a partisan agenda in the first place.

In Amy Coney Barrett's America we’ll witness the balkanization of citizens’ rights and protected liberties – where governments’ recognition of those rights will depend on one’s state of residence.

It's called State's Rights you fckn imbecile
That's the brilliance of Jones' psyop. . . he puts up an avi of the Constitution to make folks believe he gives a shit about it. . . when he really doesn't.

Forum List

Back