America’s snarled railroads are the latest hit that farmers must endure.

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Delayed trains and scarce railcars are impeding crop shipments, causing grain storage facilities to fill up, backing up fertilizer shipments and temporarily shutting down production at ethanol plants, according to agriculture executives. Railroad operators said they are working to fix the problems but struggling to find enough workers. The railroad slowdown has grain companies looking for other ways to move farm commodities across the country, leading to higher transportation costs that company officials said will increase food prices for consumers.

Higher prices and shortages. Shutting down ethanol production? Biden is going to have fits about that. But struggling to find workers? I thought those guys get paid pretty good, unionized I think.

If Secretary Buttplug can't handle this basic train transportation, how is he going to handle 'high speed rail".

He needs to concentrate more on his job than on his so-called "gay marriage".

Delayed trains and scarce railcars are impeding crop shipments, causing grain storage facilities to fill up, backing up fertilizer shipments and temporarily shutting down production at ethanol plants, according to agriculture executives. Railroad operators said they are working to fix the problems but struggling to find enough workers. The railroad slowdown has grain companies looking for other ways to move farm commodities across the country, leading to higher transportation costs that company officials said will increase food prices for consumers.

Higher prices and shortages. Shutting down ethanol production? Biden is going to have fits about that. But struggling to find workers? I thought those guys get paid pretty good, unionized I think.
I thought they were well paid too. Damn. I love trains. Used to have a wonderful time flirting with Citadel cadets traveling to Florida for Spring break. I rode trains all over Europe too. Train travel is great.

Actually it is. Most corn going to the refineries around here is trucked in by local farmers.

At a higher cost, which means higher prices at the pump. And it means less corn going to animal feed which raises costs for meat and dairy. And not to mention the rising costs of corn food/products for us too.

LOL, trucked in. More air pollution.

Forum List

Back