America's Poorest White Town

How did this occur and why are all the racists on this site obsessing with so called "black culture" and the alleged failings of the black community when they have their own communities with the exact same failings that they're always wanting to attribute to only the black race.

You all had how many hundreds of years of a head start and you still haven't pulled yourself up by your bootstraps and accomplished great things for the human race, yet you constantly bitch and moan about any progress black people make, to the point that your go-to strategy is to burn everything down that surpasses your accomplishment.

While I have compassion for these people, far too many of you appear to not even know that there is any such thing as poor white people living in such dire conditions and relying wholely or mostly off of government assistance. Or that there are areas where all of the criminals are white (an extremely rare occurence according to Tipsycatlover).
Kentucky is a white, Conservative shithole and they need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and stop sucking from Mary Sue's welfare tit.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
There is no irony there and I'm not the one complaining. I learned about Appalachia in school so we are talking at least 40+ years ago, not the last 20 years. And my examples are not "cherry picked". I used Appalachia as one example of a well-known poor white community that has been that way for at least half a century for them to have appeared in my school books.

And the reason I posted this thread is to remind the white racist who populate this site and like to pretend that they are superior to everyone that the white race has poor people just like every other race or ethnic group of people especially since they love to swear that all of the ills of poor black communities are caused by things that ONLY effect black people while conveniently forgetting about all of the poor white communities who face similar challenges.

Why are white racists so obsessed with black people and the problems that face black Americans? Why aren't they complaining about the problems that members of their own race face or are you saying that black people are the reason for the ills that poor white people face?
There are black posters who seem to think the only poor people are black, which they blame on racism. If that is the case, why are there poor white people? It isn't only and always about race.

Which is IRONIC because Eastern Kentucky LIVED OK for a long time on coal, timber and oil until the GOVT put the lid on coal starting about 20 years ago. And NOW -- you complain about the govt paying for their survival.

This aint much different at all about the culpabilities of GOVT (AGAIN) in how many black communities went downhill with a slower pace but over longer periods of time. Govt doesn't fix this in either case. They contributed to the problems.

White people KNOW about poor white people. There's MORE of them than any other skin color.

But any "obsession" with black culture (as you put it) is due to mathematics, not pointing at equal sorrow and grief. It's the PERCENTAGE of each of our populations that is heavily burdened by poverty, crime, poor education, work opportunities, ect.

And in the case of white people -- MOST pick up and leave and get the hell out. And most of what REMAINS (like in your cherry-picked example) are too tired, too old to start over. Beats me why ANYONE would remain under those conditions.

Add abundant CRIME, gangs looked upon as "community enforcers" killing each other and winning hearts/minds of the kids, and anyone I KNOW would MOVE out. Yet those loyal people WANT to stay "in the ghetto"...
My mothers side of the family came from Harlan. You are wrong.

1) The difference between that poor white town and the poor inner-city black districts is that it is only the latter blaming their poor life choices on racism.

2) The left has made everything about poor victimized blacks, and how it’s all whitey’s fault, so the fact that whites speak up in their own defense and point out that blacks’ problems are due to their own choices does not make those whites racist.

3) And yes, the white race has poor people just like the black race. But the black poverty rate is twice the average of whites, and it is not due to racism. Stop having 74% of black babies out of wedlock, and the majority of your problems would disappear In a single generation.

If I were black, and everything else about me were the same - same IQ, same motivation level, same discipline, same conscientiousness toward my work, etc., - I would have either been a Harvard Law grad with a partnership in a major law firm or a C-level executive in a Fortune 100 corporation. (As it is, I rose to the director level, which was good enough for me.)
Whites don't face racism idiot. Our problems are not solely due to our choices. That's a fact the right knows is true but tries to gaslight. Bitch, you are white, so you should have all those things. You are an affirmative action beneficiary. Because if you were black, you may have ended up like Sondra Bland.

Hahaha…it is whites who generate the cash for said “handouts”….hahaha…you didn’t know that?
Actually blacks pay taxes and have done so since the income tax was made law. And we paid our money to help fund things whites got that we were excluded from.

Apparently you are ignorant of this reality.

Whites don't face racism idiot. Our problems are not solely due to our choices. That's a fact the right knows is true but tries to gaslight. Bitch, you are white, so you should have all those things. You are an affirmative action beneficiary. Because if you were black, you may have ended up like Sondra Bland.
I was ready to put you on ignore, and decided to when you called me “bitch.” You complain about racism, and through your nasty attitudes actually drive it. Bye, bye.

Poor people do not live where they do by choice, it's usually out of necessity such as being the only or best place they can manage financially, at least for that time hopefully.

White people have traditionally had more upward mobility or at least the ability to leave a place that was not to their liking. Black people had/have to deal with redlining (banks refusing mortgages in certain areas), steering (realtors steering black people to less desirable neighborhoods and away from white neighborhoods which they wanted to KEEP white), and racially restrictive covenants which prohibited properties being to sold to black people or to anyone who was not white.

The racists laws of the United States were very effective at doing what they were meant to do, promoting the advancement of the white race, oftentimes at the expense of the black race, while simultaneously undermining the ability of the black race to make advancements.

There's a historical aspect ALSO for this little town barely hanging on. 3 or 4 generations of families working the coal, oil, timber. And when the biggest employers get throttled BY THE GOVT -- the town dies. Get the connection and historical ties to the ground you live on?

If you're in Baltimore and doing ANYTHING for a living -- it would be CHEAPER TO LIVE outside of Baltimore. Even the rent you're paying. Would be even cheaper to get out of Maryland. So that excuse is a bit weak. Could it be that they are there for better benefits? Could be. But it also might be that the CITY of Baltimore is the largest employer left !!!!!!

What does that remind you of? Ever think of Baltimore as a feudal system for black people?

Change of scenery and getting more rural gets heads right. And if you can drive or have any skills -- there are plenty of opportunities to flee "the system".

Actually blacks pay taxes and have done so since the income tax was made law. And we paid our money to help fund things whites got that we were excluded from.

Poor blacks or whites pay ZERO Fed Income tax. We're talking about them right? In fact, the poor (if employed) can qualify for EITC and get refunds of the FICA payroll taxes and MORE.

Wrong about what? About both poor blacks and whites taking it on the chin from govt policy and decisions like making coal obsolete?

Or are you still saying poor people cant LEAVE those expensive crime ridden places?
You made a silly claim years ago about blacks leaving inner cities and moving to all white rural towns where they will be welcomed. I live in a primarily rural state and know that's not the case. Coal was made obsolete by technology.

Not government policy.

You made a silly claim years ago about blacks leaving inner cities and moving to all white rural towns where they will be welcomed. I live in a primarily rural state and know that's not the case. Coal was made obsolete by technology.

Not government policy.

TWO swings and misses. NEVER SAID "all white rural towns". They could go ANYWHERE's they please with NO bullets coming into the house anymore and better schools and LOWER cost of living.

And NO technology made coal obsolete. Wind and solar are NOT alternatives to coal. They are only supplements to grid generation and DONT WORK much of their lives. Like when the sun dont shine and the winds dont blow. Not in ANY sense did these technology replace or obsolete ACTUAL 24/7/365 power plants like nuclear and fossil fuels and hydro.

Poor blacks or whites pay ZERO Fed Income tax. We're talking about them right? In fact, the poor (if employed) can qualify for EITC and get refunds of the FICA payroll taxes and MORE.
Throughout American history whites have received the handouts. Since the income tax was passed, blacks have paid taxes for programs they were excluded from. Now at this time, the government is funding economic development in Appalachia.

ARC uses Congressionally appropriated funds to invest in the Region’s economic and community development through grants. In Fiscal Year 2021, Congress appropriated a record $180 million for the Appalachian Regional Commission.
I know of similar program in the hood.

TWO swings and misses. NEVER SAID "all white rural towns". They could go ANYWHERE's they please with NO bullets coming into the house anymore and better schools and LOWER cost of living.

And NO technology made coal obsolete. Wind and solar are NOT alternatives to coal. They are only supplements to grid generation and DONT WORK much of their lives. Like when the sun dont shine and the winds dont blow. Not in ANY sense did these technology replace or obsolete ACTUAL 24/7/365 power plants like nuclear and fossil fuels and hydro.
Of course not. But the cure to whatever you think ails inner cities don't change by people leaving. And coal is becoming obsolete due to technology.

I was ready to put you on ignore, and decided to when you called me “bitch.” You complain about racism, and through your nasty attitudes actually drive it. Bye, bye.
No Lisa, your racism is the cause of my attitude towards you. Good riddance bitch.

What are you paying for that only whites get? Lying sack of shit

Forum List

Back