America's loss in Afghanistan, is the End of America as the sole Super Power.

The European need for Natural Gas is their issue that seem to be Russian Checkmate piece in this whole game.

See when the U.S. invaded Afghanistan and Iraq they had a grand plan of getting Iran to attack and allow the U.S. to go to war with Iran and for what purpose?

Pipelines!

See the U.S. along with other nations played a game thinking they could lure Iran and Syria into a war and allow countries like the U.S. to build a pipeline once they removed certain governments from power and Countries like Russia and China also knew if this were to happen then those pipelines will destroy Russia ability to hold Europe over the barrel for their Natural Gas.

I know it sounds insane but if you look at the former plans you would know the U.S. was after the resources in the region to help supply Europe so Europe would be dependent on American Companies for their Natural Gas needs while taking Russia out or lessen their control.

Ohhh, why am I writing this?
Oh, Iran, that is a very interesting question. I can't say much about the desires to get Iran involved into a regional war. I think that the odds weren't too high in that. You can call the Iranians everything you want, but certainly they aren't stupid.

But there certainly were attempts to bring Iran back into diplomatic and economic relations. And these attempts resulted into the nuclear deal. I know that this deal is highly controversial. But I supported it. This deal could strengthen so called reformators in Iran and bring Iran to international market of oil and gas supplies. It may well be that we wouldnt have now Russia dictating gas prices in Europe (which are now at historical high levels) and the current oil prices.

But the things went in a different direction. Now we have a conservative as the president there who will most likely be the next ayatollah. The Russians have strengthened their hold in Syria. The things have become much more complicated.

Your ridiculous projection has been noted. Nothing said by me indicates pride in anything at all and certainly not in any country. You have no idea what country I am from or even what country I am in. Calling people whom you do not know at all "assholes" is probably the best qualification for being one. Now, buzz off and forget about ever hearing from me again.

You are right. Asshole would be a much too honorful title for you.

If the United States really wants to teach China a lesson, pass the leadership of world dominance over to the latter.

See how China enjoys spending billions and losing its soldiers to hopeless causes.

Hear China is planning to fill the vacuum in Afghanistan. Couldn't happen to a more deserving benefactor!

If the United States really wants to teach China a lesson, pass the leadership of world dominance over to the latter.

See how China enjoys spending billions and losing its soldiers to hopeless causes.

Where is China using soldiers?

Hear China is planning to fill the vacuum in Afghanistan. Couldn't happen to a more deserving benefactor!

China likes to filI on what reason which vacuum with what in Afghanistan?

And which country of the world is able to speak - before this will happen what seems to happen - with China about her real intentions and plans in this context? The USA after Donald Trump? Europe after the Brexit? Russia under Putin? The UNO, the abandoned child from and of the nations of the world? ...

Last edited:
The American "War" in Afghanistan should have been over in a few months in 2002 when we had Bin Ladin cornered at Tora Bora.

However, The Secretary of Defense did not release 900 Rangers to go after him because he didn't think there was enough evidence.

Wham, Bam Thank You Ma'am it could have been over then with the capture of killing of the sonofabitch that orchestrated the 911 attack. But it wasn't.

Where is China using soldiers?

China likes to filI on what reason which vacuum with what in Afghanistan?

And which country of the world is able to speak - before this will happen what seems to happen - with China about her real intentions and plans in this context? The USA after Donald Trump? Europe after the Brexit? Russia under Putin? The UNO, the abandoned child from and of the nations of the world? ...
Well, China is daily threatening to use soldiers (and aircraft and submarines and ...) to conquer Taiwan.

And Chinese soldiers are suppressing the Tibetans.

A lot of people are hoping that China does stick its nose in Afghanistan. It will be fun to see the Taliban chase the Chinese out of that country.

You seem to support China. That's fine. That is your right.

To many people, however, China is a very, very, very bad country run by Emperor Xi.

You clearly missed the point being made.

Great column by Hedges, as usual.

Once we lose reserve currency it’s all over. With a demented neocon in the WH, I fear the lose will be sooner rather than later. The consequences won’t be pretty. Few Americans have any understanding of what’s likely to happen, even though history is full of dying empires.

High inflation.

States leaving the Union.

Civil War.

Genocide.

Yeah, we have been warned for decades and nobody listens…

IMO? I believe the majority of the posts in this thread have missed the point of this thread, or we are so old, and have lived the majority of our lives in a paradigm of the US being so economically, and militarily powerful, it is beyond our imagination to conceive of how the interlocking directorate and the military-industrial-establishment, completely unresponsive to the will of the voters, regardless of which party is in power, continues to do what it is going to do, for profit and power, regardless of what is in the best interest of the nation.

Folks just don't really care anymore.

And? IMO? They don't use much critical thought when the elite journalist corporate media, which are their cheerleaders, produce propaganda to support their corruption. It is a good thing they keep the collateral damage down and the casualty rates low. Where have all the war protests been?

Back during Korea and Vietnam, we knew who was funding the opposing forces, the media and investigative reporters dug into that, and told the public. But the Taliban? How often do you hear stories about how they get their funding and their arms and equipment? Anyone that plays war simulations will tell you, a war or insurgency is fought on supply, food, weapons, etc. The American revolution constantly was short on clothing, equipment, food, ammunition, artillery, ect. Yet? Hardly any reports are produced about how this insurgency fights the most well equipped fighting force on the planet. . . and defeats it? Maybe those reports are hard to come by with "embedded reporters?" :rolleyes:

Was this war ever even meant to be won? :dunno:

Or was it really meant to be the doom of America?

Or is it a portent of something even more dire?

alexander-fraser-tytler-quotes-2.jpg

The American "War" in Afghanistan should have been over in a few months in 2002 when we had Bin Ladin cornered at Tora Bora.

However, The Secretary of Defense did not release 900 Rangers to go after him because he didn't think there was enough evidence.

Wham, Bam Thank You Ma'am it could have been over then with the capture of killing of the sonofabitch that orchestrated the 911 attack. But it wasn't.
That sounds suspect.

Why even go there at all then?

How could it be a loss when we never intended to win it? We had more combat deaths in Chicago than Afghanistan. Let's call it a strategic withdrawal if it doesn't get too messy.

Sure. That's why your the cold war strategy had been to waste Germany with with nukes to stop an attacking Soviet army. And that's why you spie everywhere in Germany. ... Hmmm ... Why we let you spy is another question ...

The period of the Cold War when I was here, the strategy was to stop or deter Soviet invasion with a strong conventional force. Hence all the M-1s Reagan bought.

That was an impressive tank and we bought a lot of them, very expensive.

I, for one, am very glad that invasion never happened. THe Cold War was a dark time, but we go though it.

Our leadership was far from perfect, Lord Knows, But hey, we are all here today. So, that's a Win.

We could not have done it without you. Thanks for your help.

I do not even have an idea who could be a leader of Germany. In generla we hate the expression "leader" = "Führer" on historical reasons.

Don't care. My point stands. YOur beef is with your leaders. I agree with you on this issue. We should not be military allies any more. And America should spend less on the military.

Who said I am unhappy?

YOu do. With your constant complaining.

Sure, "ally".

Yes. I want US to leave. YOu seem to want that too. Why the weird attitude? Are you in pain because we agree?

Which US-American "foreign" policy? You are stupid idiots - as stupid idiots as we are in our own. The question is perhaps who's the bigger idiot.

What was Germany's position on NATO expansion?

The European need for Natural Gas is their issue that seem to be Russian Checkmate piece in this whole game.

See when the U.S. invaded Afghanistan and Iraq they had a grand plan of getting Iran to attack and allow the U.S. to go to war with Iran and for what purpose?

Pipelines!

See the U.S. along with other nations played a game thinking they could lure Iran and Syria into a war and allow countries like the U.S. to build a pipeline once they removed certain governments from power and Countries like Russia and China also knew if this were to happen then those pipelines will destroy Russia ability to hold Europe over the barrel for their Natural Gas.

I know it sounds insane but if you look at the former plans you would know the U.S. was after the resources in the region to help supply Europe so Europe would be dependent on American Companies for their Natural Gas needs while taking Russia out or lessen their control.

Ohhh, why am I writing this?
You know, I thought maybe it was just Afghanistan, but when I checked the CFR site. . . which? Let's be honest, they are the ones that really run things, I did a search for the bases in the area, and they are shutting them all down.

I don't know if it has to do with the Silk Road initiative, or if we are just running out of money and power. . . but it probably also has to do with a shift out of the US trying to control hydrocarbons and focusing on "green energy?"

:dunno:

Yup, closed.

As for leaving countries like Afghanistan, well let China pay the price like we did and like the Soviet Union did because if they for one moment believe they can take that region, well they will learn quick they can not and will lose trillions of dollars.
China is in Afghanistan already and by invitation.

America can watch to see how it's done. The only price China will pay in Afghanistan is on dealing in free and fair trade relations.

IMO? I believe the majority of the posts in this thread have missed the point of this thread, or we are so old, and have lived the majority of our lives in a paradigm of the US being so economically, and militarily powerful, it is beyond our imagination to conceive of how the interlocking directorate and the military-industrial-establishment, completely unresponsive to the will of the voters, regardless of which party is in power, continues to do what it is going to do, for profit and power, regardless of what is in the best interest of the nation.

Folks just don't really care anymore.

And? IMO? They don't use much critical thought when the elite journalist corporate media, which are their cheerleaders, produce propaganda to support their corruption. It is a good thing they keep the collateral damage down and the casualty rates low. Where have all the war protests been?

Back during Korea and Vietnam, we knew who was funding the opposing forces, the media and investigative reporters dug into that, and told the public. But the Taliban? How often do you hear stories about how they get their funding and their arms and equipment? Anyone that plays war simulations will tell you, a war or insurgency is fought on supply, food, weapons, etc. The American revolution constantly was short on clothing, equipment, food, ammunition, artillery, ect. Yet? Hardly any reports are produced about how this insurgency fights the most well equipped fighting force on the planet. . . and defeats it? Maybe those reports are hard to come by with "embedded reporters?" :rolleyes:

Was this war ever even meant to be won? :dunno:

Or was it really meant to be the doom of America?

Or is it a portent of something even more dire?

alexander-fraser-tytler-quotes-2.jpg
It is most unfortunate that many Americans don’t care about their government’s imperialist actions. Many don’t even agree with the statement, the US is an imperialist warrior nation. Yet it is transparently evident. We are sowing the seeds of our own demise.

There's still a great deal of danger with the US starting a war with Iran.
America is working on the demonization pretense in cooperation with the evil Zionist regime.

It's not going to be easy for the US anymore with China winning over the world by peaceful means. And there's also the fact that China and Russia have interests to protect in Iran now too.

It is most unfortunate that many Americans don’t care about their government’s imperialist actions. Many don’t even agree with the statement, the US is an imperialist warrior nation. Yet it is transparently evident. We are sowing the seeds of our own demise.
iu

Well, China is daily threatening to use soldiers (and aircraft and submarines and ...) to conquer Taiwan.

Who says Chinese have not the same right to be idiots as all others? If they will attack Taiwan this will be a heavy crime.

And Chinese soldiers are suppressing the Tibetans.

I know. But the Chinese will lose this invisible war. The Han will never be happy in Tibet. The Tibetans will.

A lot of people are hoping that China does stick its nose in Afghanistan.

Do they - whoever they are?

It will be fun to see the Taliban chase the Chinese out of that country.

Hmmm - If I remember the very old methods of the Chinese empire then they will just simple buy the victory and as well the Afghans and the Chinese will be happy - or will try to be happy in this special case. But I don't think they will do something in this direction at all. This makes not any sense for them. The cultural gap would be too big.

You seem to support China.

I do not support the idiocies of the USA first to make the Chinese great again and afterwards to try to make them little. Make yourselve greater again.

That's fine. That is your right.

I will never understand why US-Americans never let it be to show somewhere that they are idiots. Why are you using the people of your culture continously this stupid form. Jesus Christ said by the way in Marcus 9,40: "For the one who is not against us is for us."

To many people, however, China is a very, very, very bad country run by Emperor Xi.

China is a country with nukes and intercontinental rockets - same is Russia. All the nonsense which US-Americans say about their lack of power up to the super superpower which is the USA is tiring. First the western world brought their full industrial knowledge on the own free will to China - so they are able to produce cheap everything what the whole mankind needs. After you and we did do so now you like to waste this country. I love it to say sometimes: "Let us make a roof over the USA and finished is the greatest psychiatric hospital of the world". But how to make this roof without the help of China and their scaffolds out of bamboo for skyscrapers?

Last edited:

Biden Is Not Ending The Forever Wars​

Biden’s Foreign Policy Failures​

Biden Is Not Ending The Forever Wars​

Biden’s Foreign Policy Failures​

Biden worse the Don, but wingers don’t see it.

Forum List

Back