America's loss in Afghanistan, is the End of America as the sole Super Power.

Because of 9/11 we sent some soldiers for 3 month to Afghanistan to look for Osama Bin Laden. 20 years laster comes an army back which did not find Osama Bin Laden. Something had happened in this 20 years. But what was this?
It called a joint mission that your country agreed to with the cooperation of the U.N. and NATO forces.

Was Bin Laden in Afghanistan?

Nope, and in fact he was where I thought he was the whole time and that was Pakistan but you can not invade a country with a Nuclear arsenal, so you invade the next door neighbor instead and hope to draw Russia, China and Iran into a proxy-war which never happened!

No biden lost in Afghanistan, Not only did he lose He left the Taliban so much military equipment he should be charged with aiding and abiding and I'm sure those troops in DC already have a strong limb tree picked out for Joe.
Trump already had us leaving and I agree the withdrawal under Biden was ridiculously fast the fact remains we were leaving…

Fentanyl coming across the U.S.-Mexican border includes that made by the Chinese, even made in Mexico by the Chinese, which makes its way to Missouri. Much further away is this:

’By contrast, determining control is relatively easy in the drug production zones of the Andes or Afghanistan. By simply hiking through the Afghan-Pakistan borderlands, for example, a New York Times reporter could quickly learn the Mullah Nasim rules Helmand’s poppy fields of Hekmatyar owns heroin refineries at Koh-i-Soltan. In these opium highlands, the fact of territorial control makes drug dealing too obvious to conceal. But by the time cocaine reached the Caribbean, it was already two steps removed from the source. Deciding who controlled what aircraft in the cat’s cradle of trans-Caribbean airlines was far more complex.’
(McCoy AW, The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade, p. 488)

Some Germans but after the Second Great War and the invasion of East Germany that lasted for decades and caused a wall my gut tell me not all of Germany would agree.

As for German and Russian love and Catherine the Great, well yes she was Prussian but actually if I remember correctly she was born in Poland with more of Swedish lineage than German but she was also related to the Germans also.

Let remember in those days all Monarchs were related and many either come from Rollo the Viking bloodline, Charles the Great or De Medici bloodline when conversing about the lineage of Monarchs and married into many families from Russia to England to Greece.

I personally do not hate Germans and my grandfather was from Bavaria on my mother side and was actually a damn Nazi ( not proud of it ), so I have a little German in me and know Germans and Russians after the Great War and Cold War have very little love for each other and it is only East Germans from political families that usually want to rekindle the old Cold War love between Russia and East Germans but most of them that do are the Children or Grandchildren that don’t remember how awful it was for East Germany back when the Soviets were in control…
Who knows. The time will show. The Germans are eager to get Russian recourses at affordable price and acces to post-Soviet market through Russia; the Russians are easier to get German technologies and acces to European market.

Because without the U.S. NATO would fall apart just like the U.N., so it is Germany that should leave…
Basically, he is right. Nato in its current form has little meaning. It has become too diverse and bureaucratic. It should be deeply reorganised.

I read an interesting Article tonight. As I am reading it, I was thinking of this video;

In this video, the global oligarchs explicitly tell us, the U.S. will not be the world's sole power. . . to this end, it will mean destroying the US as the holder of the world's reserve currency.

Chris Hedges: US Collective Suicide​

July 28, 2021
The return of the Taliban to power will be one more signpost of the end of the American empire — and nobody will be held accountable.

". . . The two decades of combat, the one trillion dollars spent, the 100,000 troops deployed to subdue Afghanistan, the high-tech gadgets, artificial intelligence, cyberwarfare, Reaper drones armed with Hellfire missiles and GBU-30 bombs and the Global Hawk drones with high-resolution cameras, Special Operations Command composed of elite rangers, SEALs and air commandos, black sites, torture, electronic surveillance, satellites, attack aircraft, mercenary armies, infusions of millions of dollars to buy off and bribe the local elites and train an Afghan army of 350,000 that has never exhibited the will to fight, failed to defeat a guerrilla army of 60,000 that funded itself through opium production and extortion in one of the poorest countries on earth.

<snip>

Mark Twain, who was a fierce opponent of the efforts to plant the seeds of empire in Cuba, the Philippines, Guam, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, wrote an imagined history of America in the 20thcentury where its “lust for conquest” had destroyed “the Great Republic…[because] trampling upon the helpless abroad had taught her, by a natural process, to endure with apathy the like at home; multitudes who had applauded the crushing of other people’s liberties, lived to suffer for their mistake.”

Twain knew that foreign occupations, designed to enrich the ruling elites, use occupied populations as laboratory rats to perfect techniques of control that soon migrate back to the homeland. It was the brutal colonial policing practices in the Philippines, which included a vast spy network along with routine beatings, torture and executions, which became the model for centralized domestic policing and intelligence gathering in the United States. Israeli’s arms, surveillance and drone industries test their products on the Palestinians.

<snip>

The death blow to the American empire will, as McCoy writes, be the loss of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. This loss will plunge the United States into a crippling, and prolonged depression. It will force a massive contraction of the global military footprint.

The ugly, squalid face of empire, with the loss of the dollar as the reserve currency, will become familiar at home. The bleak economic landscape, with its decay and hopelessness, will accelerate an array of violent and self-destructive pathologies including mass shootings, hate crimes, opioid and heroin overdoses, morbid obesity, suicides, gambling and alcoholism.

The state will increasingly dispense with the fiction of the rule of law to rely exclusively on militarized police, essentially internal armies of occupation, and the prisons and jails, which already hold 25 percent of the world’s prisoners although the United States represents less than 5 percent of global population.

Our demise will probably come more swiftly than we imagine. When revenues shrink or collapse, McCoy points out, empires become “brittle.” An economy heavily dependent on massive government subsidies to produce primarily weapons and munitions, as well as fund military adventurism, will go into a tailspin with a heavily depreciated dollar, falling to perhaps a third of its former value. Prices will dramatically rise because of the steep increase in the cost of imports. Wages in real terms will decline.

The devaluation of Treasury bonds will make paying for our massive deficits onerous, perhaps impossible. The unemployment level will climb to depression era levels. Social assistance programs, because of a contracting budget, will be sharply curtailed or eliminated. This dystopian world will fuel the rage and hyper nationalism that put Donald Trump in the White House. It will spawn an authoritarian state to keep order and, I expect, a Christianized fascism.. . . "

This is all stuff that I have been very slowly coming to realize will happen, as this is what led to the rise of the dictators in Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia. . . sad to see the oligarchs use their mechanations to do it to both China and the US.

It would not surprise me to see them orchestrate a war either. . . .

Great column by Hedges, as usual.

Once we lose reserve currency it’s all over. With a demented neocon in the WH, I fear the lose will be sooner rather than later. The consequences won’t be pretty. Few Americans have any understanding of what’s likely to happen, even though history is full of dying empires.

The US will remain the world's only superpower for decades to come, nobody else is even close to joining that club, regardless of how much lesser nations wish it were otherwise.

I know fore sure in one case a Russian loves a German and a German loves a Russian. She is pregnant.
Many German women had babies in 1946 as a result of insemination by Russians, but it had nothing to do with love.

Great column by Hedges, as usual.

Once we lose reserve currency it’s all over. With a demented neocon in the WH, I fear the lose will be sooner rather than later. The consequences won’t be pretty. Few Americans have any understanding of what’s likely to happen, even though history is full of dying empires.
High inflation.

States leaving the Union.

Civil War.

Genocide.

Yeah, we have been warned for decades and nobody listens…

Scrap it then, but realize Russia and China are waiting for the stumble by the U.S. and Europe.
Of course they are waiting this. And basically I don't want to scrap it, but now Nato reminds me of a Russian story about a swan, pike and crayfish. Everyone pursues their own interests.

You can't spend billions of dollars on building defence from Russia, while another member spends billions on mutual Russian projects which deepen European dependency on Russian energy sources.

I trace a lot back to Charlie Wilson.

Two sayings come to mind:

”The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

“No good deed goes unpunished”.
Did you even read that article?

I am not sure there were any good intentions, or good deeds involved here.

Of course they are waiting this. And basically I don't want to scrap it, but now Nato reminds me of a Russian story about a swan, pike and crayfish. Everyone pursues their own interests.

You can't spend billions of dollars on building defence from Russia, while another member spends billions on mutual Russian projects which deepen European dependency on Russian energy sources.

The European need for Natural Gas is their issue that seem to be Russian Checkmate piece in this whole game.

See when the U.S. invaded Afghanistan and Iraq they had a grand plan of getting Iran to attack and allow the U.S. to go to war with Iran and for what purpose?

Pipelines!

See the U.S. along with other nations played a game thinking they could lure Iran and Syria into a war and allow countries like the U.S. to build a pipeline once they removed certain governments from power and Countries like Russia and China also knew if this were to happen then those pipelines will destroy Russia ability to hold Europe over the barrel for their Natural Gas.

I know it sounds insane but if you look at the former plans you would know the U.S. was after the resources in the region to help supply Europe so Europe would be dependent on American Companies for their Natural Gas needs while taking Russia out or lessen their control.

Ohhh, why am I writing this?

Forum List

Back