America's loss in Afghanistan, is the End of America as the sole Super Power.

MisterBeale

Take a look at Pepe Escobar too. He works hard. No soundbites.

Pipelineistan, Part 2: The games nations play, 1/26/02
By Pepe Escobar January 26, 2002 Asia Times Online. ... Crook-infested Enron -- the biggest donor to the Bush campaign of 2000 -- was ubiquitious: it conducted the feasibility study for the $2.5 billion trans-Caspian pipeline being built under a joint venture signed almost three years ago between Turkmenistan and Bechtel and General Electric ...

I read an interesting Article tonight. As I am reading it, I was thinking of this video;

In this video, the global oligarchs explicitly tell us, the U.S. will not be the world's sole power. . . to this end, it will mean destroying the US as the holder of the world's reserve currency.

Chris Hedges: US Collective Suicide​

July 28, 2021
The return of the Taliban to power will be one more signpost of the end of the American empire — and nobody will be held accountable.

". . . The two decades of combat, the one trillion dollars spent, the 100,000 troops deployed to subdue Afghanistan, the high-tech gadgets, artificial intelligence, cyberwarfare, Reaper drones armed with Hellfire missiles and GBU-30 bombs and the Global Hawk drones with high-resolution cameras, Special Operations Command composed of elite rangers, SEALs and air commandos, black sites, torture, electronic surveillance, satellites, attack aircraft, mercenary armies, infusions of millions of dollars to buy off and bribe the local elites and train an Afghan army of 350,000 that has never exhibited the will to fight, failed to defeat a guerrilla army of 60,000 that funded itself through opium production and extortion in one of the poorest countries on earth.

<snip>

Mark Twain, who was a fierce opponent of the efforts to plant the seeds of empire in Cuba, the Philippines, Guam, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, wrote an imagined history of America in the 20thcentury where its “lust for conquest” had destroyed “the Great Republic…[because] trampling upon the helpless abroad had taught her, by a natural process, to endure with apathy the like at home; multitudes who had applauded the crushing of other people’s liberties, lived to suffer for their mistake.”

Twain knew that foreign occupations, designed to enrich the ruling elites, use occupied populations as laboratory rats to perfect techniques of control that soon migrate back to the homeland. It was the brutal colonial policing practices in the Philippines, which included a vast spy network along with routine beatings, torture and executions, which became the model for centralized domestic policing and intelligence gathering in the United States. Israeli’s arms, surveillance and drone industries test their products on the Palestinians.

<snip>

The death blow to the American empire will, as McCoy writes, be the loss of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. This loss will plunge the United States into a crippling, and prolonged depression. It will force a massive contraction of the global military footprint.

The ugly, squalid face of empire, with the loss of the dollar as the reserve currency, will become familiar at home. The bleak economic landscape, with its decay and hopelessness, will accelerate an array of violent and self-destructive pathologies including mass shootings, hate crimes, opioid and heroin overdoses, morbid obesity, suicides, gambling and alcoholism.

The state will increasingly dispense with the fiction of the rule of law to rely exclusively on militarized police, essentially internal armies of occupation, and the prisons and jails, which already hold 25 percent of the world’s prisoners although the United States represents less than 5 percent of global population.

Our demise will probably come more swiftly than we imagine. When revenues shrink or collapse, McCoy points out, empires become “brittle.” An economy heavily dependent on massive government subsidies to produce primarily weapons and munitions, as well as fund military adventurism, will go into a tailspin with a heavily depreciated dollar, falling to perhaps a third of its former value. Prices will dramatically rise because of the steep increase in the cost of imports. Wages in real terms will decline.

The devaluation of Treasury bonds will make paying for our massive deficits onerous, perhaps impossible. The unemployment level will climb to depression era levels. Social assistance programs, because of a contracting budget, will be sharply curtailed or eliminated. This dystopian world will fuel the rage and hyper nationalism that put Donald Trump in the White House. It will spawn an authoritarian state to keep order and, I expect, a Christianized fascism.. . . "

This is all stuff that I have been very slowly coming to realize will happen, as this is what led to the rise of the dictators in Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia. . . sad to see the oligarchs use their mechanations to do it to both China and the US.

It would not surprise me to see them orchestrate a war either. . . .

Israel wants Taliban in power. Israel did not want Northern Alliance to beat Taliban, which is why Traitor W flipped off Northern Alliance with Axis of Evil, as Northern Alliance was armed and funded by IRAN.

This is terror war logic. Iran is bad bad bad, Taliban is bad bad bad, but if Iran is fighting taliban and arming Taliban's enemy, Iran is bad because ISRAEL WANTS TALIBAN TO WIN.

Everyone looks at any situation according to what they want out of it.
But that is wrong.
What matters only is law, not what you want.
And the Taliban did nothing illegal, so it was criminal for the US to attack them.

Israel wants Taliban in power. Israel did not want Northern Alliance to beat Taliban, which is why Traitor W flipped off Northern Alliance with Axis of Evil, as Northern Alliance was armed and funded by IRAN.

This is terror war logic. Iran is bad bad bad, Taliban is bad bad bad, but if Iran is fighting taliban and arming Taliban's enemy, Iran is bad because ISRAEL WANTS TALIBAN TO WIN.

Nope.

By Pepe Escobar January 26, 2002 Asia Times Online. ... Crook-infested Enron -- the biggest donor to the Bush campaign of 2000 -- was ubiquitious: it conducted the feasibility study for the $2.5 billion trans-Caspian pipeline being built under a joint venture signed almost three years ago between Turkmenistan and Bechtel and General Electric ...

". . . A 2002 follow-up report from the DoD Inspector General on the missing trillions noted that a further $1.1 trillion in made up accounting entries were processed by the Pentagon in fiscal year 2000, but they did not even attempt to quantify the missing funds for 2001. The Secretary of the Army, Thomas White, later explained they were unable to produce a financial report for 2001 at all due to “the loss of financial-management personnel sustained during the Sept. 11 terrorist attack.”

Before becoming Secretary of the Army, Thomas White was a senior executive at Enron. Enron was one of the largest energy companies in the world, posting a $111 billion profit in 2000 before being exposed as an elaborate corporate accounting fraud in 2001. The SEC, which investigated the Enron scandal, occupied the 11th to 13th floors in World Trade Center Building 7, and their offices were destroyed on 9/11, destroying 3,000 to 4,000 documents on active investigations in the process.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Rumsfeld’s War on the Pentagon’s Bureaucracy did not yield the results he promised. By 2013, the unaccountable money in the Pentagon’s coffers had reach $8.5 trillion.. . . "

Nope.

I get Juan Cole and Pepe Escobar mixed up all the time but both do good, in depth work. So does the Atlantic if you want more than soundbites.

Best regards.

Surada

I read an interesting Article tonight. As I am reading it, I was thinking of this video;

In this video, the global oligarchs explicitly tell us, the U.S. will not be the world's sole power. . . to this end, it will mean destroying the US as the holder of the world's reserve currency.

July 28, 2021
The return of the Taliban to power will be one more signpost of the end of the American empire — and nobody will be held accountable.

". . . The two decades of combat, the one trillion dollars spent, the 100,000 troops deployed to subdue Afghanistan, the high-tech gadgets, artificial intelligence, cyberwarfare, Reaper drones armed with Hellfire missiles and GBU-30 bombs and the Global Hawk drones with high-resolution cameras, Special Operations Command composed of elite rangers, SEALs and air commandos, black sites, torture, electronic surveillance, satellites, attack aircraft, mercenary armies, infusions of millions of dollars to buy off and bribe the local elites and train an Afghan army of 350,000 that has never exhibited the will to fight, failed to defeat a guerrilla army of 60,000 that funded itself through opium production and extortion in one of the poorest countries on earth.

<snip>

Mark Twain, who was a fierce opponent of the efforts to plant the seeds of empire in Cuba, the Philippines, Guam, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, wrote an imagined history of America in the 20thcentury where its “lust for conquest” had destroyed “the Great Republic…[because] trampling upon the helpless abroad had taught her, by a natural process, to endure with apathy the like at home; multitudes who had applauded the crushing of other people’s liberties, lived to suffer for their mistake.”

Twain knew that foreign occupations, designed to enrich the ruling elites, use occupied populations as laboratory rats to perfect techniques of control that soon migrate back to the homeland. It was the brutal colonial policing practices in the Philippines, which included a vast spy network along with routine beatings, torture and executions, which became the model for centralized domestic policing and intelligence gathering in the United States. Israeli’s arms, surveillance and drone industries test their products on the Palestinians.

<snip>

The death blow to the American empire will, as McCoy writes, be the loss of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. This loss will plunge the United States into a crippling, and prolonged depression. It will force a massive contraction of the global military footprint.

The ugly, squalid face of empire, with the loss of the dollar as the reserve currency, will become familiar at home. The bleak economic landscape, with its decay and hopelessness, will accelerate an array of violent and self-destructive pathologies including mass shootings, hate crimes, opioid and heroin overdoses, morbid obesity, suicides, gambling and alcoholism.

The state will increasingly dispense with the fiction of the rule of law to rely exclusively on militarized police, essentially internal armies of occupation, and the prisons and jails, which already hold 25 percent of the world’s prisoners although the United States represents less than 5 percent of global population.

Our demise will probably come more swiftly than we imagine. When revenues shrink or collapse, McCoy points out, empires become “brittle.” An economy heavily dependent on massive government subsidies to produce primarily weapons and munitions, as well as fund military adventurism, will go into a tailspin with a heavily depreciated dollar, falling to perhaps a third of its former value. Prices will dramatically rise because of the steep increase in the cost of imports. Wages in real terms will decline.

The devaluation of Treasury bonds will make paying for our massive deficits onerous, perhaps impossible. The unemployment level will climb to depression era levels. Social assistance programs, because of a contracting budget, will be sharply curtailed or eliminated. This dystopian world will fuel the rage and hyper nationalism that put Donald Trump in the White House. It will spawn an authoritarian state to keep order and, I expect, a Christianized fascism.. . . "

This is all stuff that I have been very slowly coming to realize will happen, as this is what led to the rise of the dictators in Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia. . . sad to see the oligarchs use their mechanations to do it to both China and the US.

Bad ideas don't improve with age. I'm just glad we FINALLY got a potus who ended it. Fucking bastards

I find it very interesting that the world's largest multinational investment management corporations are buying up all the real-estate at higher than market value, and we have more empty units than we have homeless folks in America.

There is definitely something weird going on. . . it almost seems like a conspiracy against the masses in the States.

This is something that I have a hard time finding news on in the controlled press. There was a story about in FT and Bloomberg, but both are pay-walled.

You need this context, to understand the economically dirigisme (which is the economic model of fascism.) Right before the "pandemic," the world's economy was headed in the crapper, and the federal government made some deals with Blackrock.

And now? The establishment press is trying to convince folks that this investment corp. is not the problem behind the housing crises.

When ever independent analysis tells us they are causing homelessness and the end of the American dream.

My only concern is whether Blackrock & etc. can put enough robot Rottweilers in place to protect their investment from rioting tenants, and whether the robots can kill enough rioters to protect their investment.

"Property over people!" I always say! :)

July 28, 2021

<snip>

<snip>

I disagree.
By definition, a Superpower is, a state that possesses military or economic might, or both, and general influence vastly superior to that of other states. The United States, Russia, and China are the top 3 military powers in world today as they have been for about 50 years and that is not likely change.

In regard to military power it is not using that power that makes a country a superpower but possessing's that power. China has not been involved in a war in over 40 years. Unlike China both the US and Russia fight wars seeking limited objectives with varying degrees of success.

Bad ideas don't improve with age. I'm just glad we FINALLY got a potus who ended it. Fucking bastards

I guess you missed post #119.

Here, I'll post it again since you are so in love with establishment propaganda.

:heehee:

Biden Is Not Ending The Forever Wars​

Biden’s Foreign Policy Failures​

Yeah, actually they did.

All they wanted, was some proof that he actually did they deed. . . not circumstantial proof of the sort that the Trump supporters have of election interference, but concrete proof. It's one thing for UN-elected bureaucrats to make a claim for policy directives, it is an entirely different thing for them to back it up with proof. The bureaucracies do, and often times have, lied to achieve their policy directives.

I wonder if you know the difference? Or if you just believe every bit of government and corporate propaganda the shovel into your noggin?

When there were guerrilla attacks against military targets, OBL admitted he was involved. Yet with 9/11? He denied all involvement.

SO? The Taliban leaders wanted just SOMETHING, not suspicions or crap that intel. agencies could set up any patsy to take a fall for.

They knew he OBL was, and knew that it wasn't the type of thing he would do.

They also had an extensive history of working with America's intel agencies going back to the Soviet era.

You really have no idea of what you are talking about.

So, they did not offer to turn over Bin Liden. They offered to accept evidence we gave them, then they would review it, get back to US, and let US know if they found it convincing enough to turn him over, or maybe they would ask for more evidence, or maybe they would suggest a different court, or...

Or, maybe if some fucktard turd world shithole is fucking stupid enough to host a terrorist group and that group commits mass fucking murder against America,

when America comes knocking, don't fuck around.

THey played stupid games and won a stupid prize.

That you take their side in this, makes sense. YOu are also an enemy of America.

offered to accept evidence we gave them, then they would review it, get back to US

. . . uh . . . .

That's the thing, we never gave them ANY evidence to even review.

That whole time, there were other terrorists on the FBI's most wanted list. . . but OBL? Nope, there was no evidence, so even the FBI did not place OBL on the most wanted list for 9/11.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Boy, that war propaganda sure has done a number on your head, hasn't it?

:dunno:

FBI: Bin Laden Not Wanted for 9/11​

The 'FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11'. Vice President Cheney says, 'We've never made the case, or argued the case, that somehow Osama Bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11'​

. . . uh . . . .

That's the thing, we never gave them ANY evidence to even review.

Don't care. The Taliban, the idiots that decided to host a terrorist group, were given a chance to hand them over and instead of saying "YES SIR, THANK YOU VERY MUCH", they came back with a list of demands.

Instead they got a war, and mostly dead.

Seems like a bad call on their part.

Also the World will learn that the China is a house of cards and it will fall just like the Soviet Union did and if and when it does the World will regret backing China…
I agree that there is a 'house of cards' element to China. But if they take Taiwan, the US will no longer be the world's sole superpower. And I fear they will. I'm not sure we can stop them without launching nukes. I'm not sure we can if we do.

Don't care. The Taliban, the idiots that decided to host a terrorist group, were given a chance to hand them over and instead of saying "YES SIR, THANK YOU VERY MUCH", they came back with a list of demands.

Instead they got a war, and mostly dead.

Seems like a bad call on their part.
Dick Cheney himself ADMITTED they had no proof. . . and yet? You say you DO NOT CARE?

:rolleyes:

". . THE VICE PRESIDENT: That's correct. We had one report early on from another intelligence service that suggested that the lead hijacker, Mohamed Atta, had met with Iraqi intelligence officials in Prague, Czechoslovakia. And that reporting waxed and waned where the degree of confidence in it, and so forth, has been pretty well knocked down now at this stage, that that meeting ever took place. So we've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden [sic] was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming. But there -- that's a separate proposition from the question of whether or not there was some kind of a relationship between the Iraqi government, Iraqi intelligence services and the al Qaeda organization. . . . "

iu

Dick Cheney himself ADMITTED they had no proof. . . and yet? You say you DO NOT CARE?

Correct. The context is some anti-American fuck is claiming that the Taliban offered to turn over Bin Laden, and that our President refused because he was so anxious for war.

In that context, whether or not we had the evidence they had the nerve to ask for, is irrelevant.

The only reasonable answer from them was "yes sir, thank you sir".

Anything else translated to "we choose a war instead."

Forum List

Back