America's blue-collar crisis threatens our way of life

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Thanks to Democrats who if they get their way, will forever work to keep these people sitting at home on their fat asses.

The nation's bare store shelves, exorbitantly inflated prices for essential goods and services, packages arriving weeks or months late, and an alarming scarcity of skilled labor all are results of our blue-collar workforce crisis. Underlying current supply chain issues and fears of hyperinflation is a labor shortage that is seriously harming the American economy in nearly every industry.

"Being able to collect the same wages - or more - while staying home as they did when at work has given them little incentive to return."

Thanks to Democrats who if they get their way, will forever work to keep these people sitting at home on their fat asses.

Labor shortage? Perhaps it's time for you Republicans to admit we need more hispanic immigrants to immigrate to this country?

Or are you saying that corporations need to pay employees more in order to get them to come back to work? You guys said the bonus unemployment money was keeping them from going back to work. Now that this money is gone, what is it us Democrats are doing that is making people not want to go back to work?

"Being able to collect the same wages - or more - while staying home as they did when at work has given them little incentive to return."
No one is staying at home collecting the same wages anymore. You still talking about this? It ended in September. It's almost November.

Biden is working to keep the "stimulus" money going.
So what if he did that? That's one way to shrink the gap between the rich and poor. Reagan, Bush and Trump gave tax breaks to the rich that caused the gap between rich and poor to widen. They caused inflation. They made the rich richer. You prefer these tax breaks to stimulus checks that go to blue collar people?

For the record, I make so much I didn't get that last stimulus check. So what? I'm rich enough I didn't need it. I'm not a greedy Republican.

You didn't answer my question. The bonus unemployment checks are gone. Why aren't people returning to their old shitty jobs? Perhaps that is for the employer to figure out. Pay more maybe. Treat people better. Be more flexible. Give healthcare and 401K.

I think a lot of people figured out how to make a living without having to work 40 hours at $12 hr.

Blame Trump for running all the illegals out. Now all the fast food joints can't find workers. I say now is the time they need to go to robots making the food.

Labor shortage, inflation, supply crisis was all created by the corporations to lie about their need for greed, notice the record profits?

Perhaps that is a statement as much as on how much they were getting paid as it is anything else. How much are people actually being paid to sit at home as you put it?

How long did you have a blue collar job? Mine lasted 42 years before I had to retire.
Don't forget in the 2000's these idiot Republicans argued against unions as manufacturing corporate America picked up and moved all those high paying blue collar jobs overseas. We lost so many good paying blue collar jobs. Republicans said we couldn't afford to pay blue collar unskilled workers that much. But they don't mind quadrupling the CEO's pay and all his VP's.

Now what is it that Republicans want us to do about blue collar? This I got to hear.

Labor shortage, inflation, supply crisis was all created by the corporations to lie about their need for greed, notice the record profits?
Tim Horton no longer is open 24 hours because "they can't find the workers".

OR, could it be that staying open 24 hours isn't profitable? Because very few people order past 3pm.

Arbys, McD, McDonalds, the Dollar Store and many more all closing early. I'm ok with that.

Most places they stopped paying extra unemployment.

All the illegal immigrants left to return to Mexico during the COVID crisis. That's why there aren't enough people to work the jobs. Now illegal immigrants are coming back, but it will take time.

Perhaps that is a statement as much as on how much they were getting paid as it is anything else. How much are people actually being paid to sit at home as you put it?

Let me give you an example.
I have two employees who both live in households that are a two paycheck household. In both cases the now, former employees, needed to work at least part-time in order for their household budget to be met, although they were both in situations that they could almost make it without having to work.
Once the stimulus, and now the child-credit money started coming in, they both ended their careers on my staff.
If that money wasn't there for them, their expertise would still be part of my team.
I've spoken with other supervisors, employers etc, and they give me very similar instances.

They have memory lapses like how it was Trump who signed the first payments..

No we don't. We just know that it's Dimocrats that are always the ones who work to keep the handout gravy train going.
You can always point to circumstances where Republicans are involved, but everyone knows which party it is that provides and works for the government handouts.

Let me give you an example.
I have two employees who both live in households that are a two paycheck household. In both cases the now, former employees, needed to work at least part-time in order for their household budget to be met, although they were both in situations that they could almost make it without having to work.
Once the stimulus, and now the child-credit money started coming in, they both ended their careers on my staff.
If that money wasn't there for them, their expertise would still be part of my team.
I've spoken with other supervisors, employers etc, and they give me very similar instances.

Perhaps you should have been paying them more if they were worth keeping

Perhaps you should have been paying them more if they were worth keeping

They were getting paid above the going rate for their field, and they would still be here producing for our country and our economy if not for government handouts. Instead they are now users instead of producers

Forum List

Back