American bumblebee could be officially declared endangered

Cool story. A real good friend of mine in the seventies caught/found/DISCOVERED a baby bumblebee.
He kept that thing in his bedroom and had something to feed it.
Flowers ? I dunno. I was stoned once in a whole then.
He could pick it up, roll it over,,,,Whatver and the thing never once bit him
Damnest thing I ever saw.
Had we only had JooToob back then
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4
It would have went.
AHEM

V-word

I hate those frickin' things. I once found a whole nest of them in an old hot water heater in a shed, on my Grandma's farm back in '78. I lit a fire in under the water heater to smoke them out, but the fire went out.

I woke up later that night to find the fire had re-kindled itself, and the shed had caught on fire. I put out the fire with a garden hose, but at least those damned bumbly stingy fuckers were gone.

I hate those frickin' things. I once found a whole nest of them in an old hot water heater in a shed, on my Grandma's farm back in '78. I lit a fire in under the water heater to smoke them out, but the fire went out.

I woke up later that night to find the fire had re-kindled itself, and the shed had caught on fire. I put out the fire with a garden hose, but at least those damned bumbly stingy fuckers were gone.

no bees, no humans.

It is that simple

It is fun to watch people wallow in their abject ignorance on a Sunday Morning

It is fun to watch people wallow in their abject ignorance on a Sunday Morning

It's Sunday Gunday.

I'm wallowing in all the money I made at the gun show this weekend. And all the good stuff I bought.

He has been replaced by furrnerz.

Was that a reference to Bumblebee man? :laughing0301:

images

He has been replaced by furrnerz.

I'll take humming birds over any stinging incest. Just started feeding them last spring and we have at lest 20. I've become a little OCD with making sure their feeders are cleaned each week and have fresh nectar along with planting flowers for feeding sources. I was surprised at how territorial they are.

I'll take humming birds over any stinging incest. Just started feeding them last spring and we have at lest 20. I've become a little OCD with making sure their feeders are cleaned each week and have fresh nectar along with planting flowers for feeding sources. I was surprised at how territorial they are.

Problem is a couple humming birds cannot cover the same area a colony of bees can.

Science has invented Genetically Modified Vegetables and Fruits. Less insect incursions but the seeds need to be provided year after instead of what mother nature deemed necessary. A relationship to the bee issue?

Forum List

Back