American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

`
What does that have to do with the American Bar Associations request????

The American Bar Association should know that the FBI doesn't get involved in local juvenile crimes. They have no jurisdiction. After all, they are supposedly lawyers, right?
But the FBI conducts background searches. They just have to chase down a few more leads. Where's Mark Judge?
Judge gave a written response under oath and under penalty of felony perjury. You lose! Its a matter of congressional record.
Not good enough! Subpoena him and have him publically testify!

Not up to you to decide. And, you've shown yourself so partisan that it's obvious that no matter what happens, you'll be stamping your little foot saying "Not good enough!"
The win at any cost tactics of the Republicans might seem to be great for rabid partisans, but consider this: if you like the partisan politics and the results of it brought about in congress, what will be the result when a political operative is seated on the Supreme Court? Will there be justice, or will we slip into Authoritarian one party rule?

They're not going to investigate an alleged 36 year-old non federal crime. If they want to re-vet him, fine, I don't care. But they're not going to come up with anything they din't uncover the first six times; they're quite thorough.
`
You don't read much, do you? It has already been thoroughly explained how this system works, yet you insist on falling back to your false, partisan beliefs. The introduction of Julie Swetnick, Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez represent new information that was not vetted or investigated by the FBI, information that the nations top attorneys, legal experts, senators, representatives, et al, consider absolutely pertinent in selecting a supreme court just justice.

You just don't know what you are talking about. There is just no other way to state this. While I understand your hyper partisan political beliefs has hampered your ability to discern facts from fiction, despite the reams of evidence presented, you just continue to rehash the same thing, over and over.

What reams of evidence? You have NOTHING.

A far left wing group parroting a baseless claim.... how unoriginal...

The American Bar Association is a 'far left wing group'? That's about the most ridiculous thing I have read on here in a while.

'One function of the ABA is its creation and maintenance of a code of ethical standards for lawyers. The Model Code of Professional Responsibility (1969) and/or the newer Model Rules of Professional Conduct (1983) have been adopted in 49 states, the District of Columbia and the United States Virgin Islands. The exception is the State Bar of California; however, a few sections of the California Rules of Professional Conduct were drawn from the ABA models.'

American Bar Association - Wikipedia

Where is your link to unbiased factual proof that the AMA is a 'far left wing group'?

I GUARANTEE that you can provide no such link.

Last edited:
The American Bar Association should know that the FBI doesn't get involved in local juvenile crimes. They have no jurisdiction. After all, they are supposedly lawyers, right?
But the FBI conducts background searches. They just have to chase down a few more leads. Where's Mark Judge?
Judge gave a written response under oath and under penalty of felony perjury. You lose! Its a matter of congressional record.

Not up to you to decide. And, you've shown yourself so partisan that it's obvious that no matter what happens, you'll be stamping your little foot saying "Not good enough!"
The win at any cost tactics of the Republicans might seem to be great for rabid partisans, but consider this: if you like the partisan politics and the results of it brought about in congress, what will be the result when a political operative is seated on the Supreme Court? Will there be justice, or will we slip into Authoritarian one party rule?

Isn't that the exact reason that the win at any cost tactics of the Democrats be rejected? You clowns accuse the Republicans of behaving like you because you feel it's a way to distract from the evil that dwells at the core of the Democratic Party. I am not a Republican nor a Democrat. I am a Progressive who feels that associating myself with the Democrats weakens my cause and diminishes my voice. I can't be heard over the corrupt and wicked voices of the Hillarybots and their allies. I hope Bernie runs as an Independent so he will have a FAIR opportunity to be elected and won't have to face the disgusting machinations and cheating of the Democratic Party again. If he does not, I will find another candidate...not a Democrat or a Republican.

The American Bar Association is a 'far left wing group'? That's about the most ridiculous thing I have read on here in a while.

'One function of the ABA is its creation and maintenance of a code of ethical standards for lawyers. The Model Code of Professional Responsibility (1969) and/or the newer Model Rules of Professional Conduct (1983) have been adopted in 49 states, the District of Columbia and the United States Virgin Islands. The exception is the State Bar of California; however, a few sections of the California Rules of Professional Conduct were drawn from the ABA models.'

Where is your link to unbiased factual proof that the AMA is a 'far left wing group'?

The American Bar Association's History of Liberal Advocacy

A) the author of your link is HARDLY 'unbiased' on this. He is a very conservative guy.

B) Besides which - he said (that I saw) NOTHING about the ABA being a 'FAR left wing group'. He just said they were left of center...which I might tend to agree with.
But calling them 'FAR left wing' is flat out ridiculous.

'Far Left
Also known as the extreme left, ultra left or radical left. The Far Left most often includes anarchists and communists. The Far Left refers to the highest degree of leftism in politics, and seeks perfect or near perfect equality.'

Urban Dictionary: Far Left

Well little girl, the FBI has completed it's background check on Kavanaugh including the Ford information. What comes next is the committee vote tomorrow. A floor vote to begin debate on Sunday and a floor vote to confirm mid week. He'll be seated by Thursday or Friday, with a bipartisan vote of 56-44. I'd bet $10. on it.
`
You are welcome to your opinions. There is no law preventing the FBI from doing another background check based on the claims of these three women but as I said before, trump will not allow it. What happens after that, remains to be seen.

Why should the FBI do another background check? Is he being nominated to be God? There is absolutely no reason for the FBI to investigate a crime that she cannot prove, was allegedly committed by a juvenile in Maryland, and occurred 36 years ago, give or take Ford's inaccurate memory.

Are you fearful that an investigation of a sex crime against a child is not warranted? The victim has identified a person as the perp.; any other allegation against someone accused with this crime will be investigated and the perp. can be culpable, tried and imprisoned even 36 years later.

Read and try to comprehend:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/state-civil-statutes-of-limitations-in-child-sexua.aspx

A) the author of your link is HARDLY 'unbiased' on this. He is a very conservative guy.

B) Besides which - he said (that I saw) NOTHING about the ABA being a 'FAR left wing group'. He just said they were left of center...which I might tend to agree with.

'Far Left
Also known as the extreme left, ultra left or radical left. The Far Left most often includes anarchists and communists. The Far Left refers to the highest degree of leftism in politics, and seeks perfect or near perfect equality.'

I didn't realize that y'all had rules about bias.. I was just trying to help.

'Far Left

Well, thanks for trying. But I did put right in my request 'unbiased' in bold letters.

'Far Left

Well, thanks for trying. But I did put right in my request 'unbiased' in bold letters.

Ah, I just read the last line, not the giant bold line. LOL!

The ABA can go to hell, committee vote will be tomorrow, with a floor vote early next week, the commies have lost again. Justice Kavanaugh will take his seat on the court by Friday the 5th. LMAO

Truly, you seem to be out of touch with reality,. You clearly don't care about truth, justice or the American Way of Jurisprudence.

`
Very smart move. There are way too many unanswered questions here.

Sadly they are all in Fords lack of facts and corroborating evidence... How about you file these allegations with the proper authorities and see where they go... The FBI isn't it..

So you say. A crime has been alleged, a crime against a child. Local LE has a duty to investigate the allegation, and is able to request assistance from the State AG's Office or the FBI.
"is able to request assistance"

Which means the STATE AUTHORITIES MUST REQUEST IT. Which means the STATE must have an open investigation it believes is credible.... Again the STATE has no such investigation ongoing..

No credible story, no credible witnesses, you got nothing! the state will not investigate this..

You have no clue, and pretend you do. Why don't you check facts before you post? Not doing so is why you have no credibility.

And you do know this to be a fact? Prove it, for I know differently. The DOJ has a wide range of resources, show us the policy which denies them the authority to aid local authority.

Project much? :lmao:

'Far Left

Ah, I just read the last line, not the giant bold line. LOL!

Fair enough.

And you do know this to be a fact? Prove it, for I know differently. The DOJ has a wide range of resources, show us the policy which denies them the authority to aid local authority.

There is no proof that anything happened.
The accuser gave her "evidence" in front of the Senate and it is nothing but vague memories of a drunken evening no doubt eroded in some places and exaggerated in others by the passage of time (36 years worth of time to be exact)

It's tough to slip into Authoritarian one party rule when your opposition controls both houses of congress, the White House and, it appears, the Supreme Court.

It's tough to slip into Authoritarian one party rule when your opposition controls both houses of congress, the White House and, it appears, the Supreme Court.
With all due respect to your heartfelt loyalty to a party that some of us feel has been dealing from the bottom of the deck when nobody is watching, I cannot respect the flagrant unsubstantiated testimony and myriad acts of obfuscation therein that was brought to the public attention at the Kavanaugh roast, disguised as a hearing for fitness to serve on the Supreme Court. Dr. Ford needs some serious care for an extended time from now on. How could the Democrats do such a heinous thing to a person who was hurt, but can't remember any details except for one: her perpetrator was the most important Republican nominee, and her extremism puts her in the unique position of actually hating any and all Republicans, especially if they are just in her road to which a victim entitles only themselves while everybody else is just in the rear view mirror. That's why they should have hospitalized her, not pushed her into the national political arena where demands on her memory must be quite clear enough to convince skeptics like me who thinks the event may not have taken place until she decided on someone she hated as much as the real perpetrator, and it just happens to be somebody she assumes is evil as her perpetrator was because of her own brainwashing by party controllers who reward her for doing certain deeds she does well.

I'm sorry for my skepticism, but I have higher standards for proof when it comes to blatantly pillorying the innocent. And those whose mastery is of borderline persuasion to achieve a political end who have serious mental issues should not be called upon to destroy reputations of their opponents. It's too close to criminality for comfort. Do you see what I mean? Federal judge Kavanaugh claimed he was a virgin in his high school years and never harmed anybody in the way that Dr. Ford described. His focus was future career at the time of this happening, and nobody she claims was present was present, and they said so with the knowledge they were giving legal testimony punishable by perjury if found untruthful. Her 2 friends of the four did not remember being at a gathering of the people she mentioned, the same as the two active perpetrators she claimed assaulted/observed her in a traumatic way. IOW, all four of them said the same thing--they were not there and she says she did not tell anything to anyone of the two friends who could and would have supported her in a clinch. It also seemed very sleazy to me to waive Judge Kavanaugh's rights as a citizen to face his accuser. Our forefathers advised this to prevent the accuser from engaging in lying as was done in 1692 in Salem, Massachusetts. That makes that entire procedure no different from the Salem atrocity. You'd expect a Senate hearing to insist upon protection for the accused, who is innocent until proven guilty. Have our Senators gone nuts to put up with such proceedings as that one? If you're going to allow somebody to assassinate another's character, you better pay attention to human rights of the accused. Otherwise, you let an accuser hang the person who may or may not be guilty as charged. This incident was not a circus, it was a travest of justice against a person who has at all times in his life strived to do the right thing.

They're not going to investigate an alleged 36 year-old non federal crime. If they want to re-vet him, fine, I don't care. But they're not going to come up with anything they din't uncover the first six times; they're quite thorough.
`
You don't read much, do you? It has already been thoroughly explained how this system works, yet you insist on falling back to your false, partisan beliefs. The introduction of Julie Swetnick, Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez represent new information that was not vetted or investigated by the FBI, information that the nations top attorneys, legal experts, senators, representatives, et al, consider absolutely pertinent in selecting a supreme court just justice.

You just don't know what you are talking about. There is just no other way to state this. While I understand your hyper partisan political beliefs has hampered your ability to discern facts from fiction, despite the reams of evidence presented, you just continue to rehash the same thing, over and over.

Hey, Paradox, are you happy yet?

Trump is allowing the FBI to do another preliminary investigation.

I'm already wondering how this will be painted as a negative by you considering you're getting exactly what you wanted. Perhaps when Kavanaugh is finally confirmed, you will appreciate the fact that he is truly innocent. All of this is smoke and mirrors though. The FBI will quite quickly report that there is no merit for a full investigation because there's no corroborating evidence that a crime to investigate even happened. Something you and I already know.

Possible excuses:

A) 1 week isn't long enough. It was long enough to go through 650,000 Clinton emails. I think they got this!

B)Trump will taint the investigation. Obama did that so fair is fair I suppose.

C)Republicans will confirm him regardless. Democrats wouldn't?

D) Russian bots. RUSKY2000 reporting for duty!

Not that I am accusing you of being so stereotypical since accusations are so incredibly powerful now a days, but I have a hard time thinking that you will give Republicans any credit for this despite it being what you wanted not even 20 hours ago. If I am wrong, and you do infact give them credit, then kudos to you! Forgive my snarky skepticism in such a case. I'm used to having to keep my guard up at all times due to the frothing at the mouth TDS infested zombies I run into literally everywhere online.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back