America should change sides and support Palestine.

Then what is the difference with other nationalist movements?

The Palestinian national movement was natives and the Israeli nationalist movement was foreigners.

So I guess every single Israelie leave then.

The creation of Israel in Palestine was illegal. Its existence is illegal. It has never legally acquired any land and sits inside Palestine's international borders.

Israel has created quite a mess for itself.

The Palestinian national movement was natives and the Israeli nationalist movement was foreigners.

The creation of Israel in Palestine was illegal. Its existence is illegal. It has never legally acquired any land and sits inside Palestine's international borders.

Whoa there, Palestine was Greater Syria.

Not since 1922.

A dispute regarding the status of the territories was settled by an Arbitrator appointed by the Council of the League of Nations. It was decided that Palestine and Transjordan were newly created states according to the terms of the applicable post-war treaties.

State of Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not since 1922.

A dispute regarding the status of the territories was settled by an Arbitrator appointed by the Council of the League of Nations. It was decided that Palestine and Transjordan were newly created states according to the terms of the applicable post-war treaties.

Yeah, I'm looking at it, but I don't see a country called Palestine. I see a lot of compromise offered, but blown off and war declared instead.

Know what else was illegal? China conquering Tibet, but nobody gives a shit about it.

Indeed, but that is a subject for another thread just like Kurdistan or Cashmere.

Not since 1922.

Yeah, I'm looking at it, but I don't see a country called Palestine. I see a lot of compromise offered, but blown off and war declared instead.

Over 100 countries at the UN just recognized Palestine as an already existing state.

Over 100 countries at the UN just recognized Palestine as an already existing state.

Just recognized? Wouldn't they have done that in 1948, and if so, what took them so long to decide?

Western politics. Palestine has been recognized by many countries and several international organizations for decades. But not in the "west."

Not since 1922.

and the PLO recognizes Israel, who also recognizes the PLO(meta). Israel recognizes that the West Bank and Gaza Strip are Palestinian. Is this what would constitute Palestine, or is Palestine supposed to be the entirety of the old Mandate of Palestine?

and the PLO recognizes Israel, who also recognizes the PLO(meta). Israel recognizes that the West Bank and Gaza Strip are Palestinian. Is this what would constitute Palestine, or is Palestine supposed to be the entirety of the old Mandate of Palestine?

Those were proposals offered during peace negotiation that were never concluded.

No agreements have been made to change Palestine's international borders that were defined in 1922.

Just recognized? Wouldn't they have done that in 1948, and if so, what took them so long to decide?

Western politics. Palestine has been recognized by many countries and several international organizations for decades. But not in the "west."

While the US is apparently the only western country out there, it appears that we have, indeed, treated the PLO as the authority of Palestine. Not Hamas and Hizbullah, though.

While the US is apparently the only western country out there, it appears that we have, indeed, treated the PLO as the authority of Palestine. Not Hamas and Hizbullah, though.

You noticed that too.

You noticed that too.

The PLO, or the Hamas and Hizbullah part? I see nothing wrong with not recognizing the last two, as they are not commie nationalist organizations like the PLO. Instead, Hamas and Hizbullah are theocratic, and want a religious state instead of a secular (ish) one.

Last edited:
Lets see. Support Hamas, a known terror organization that lobs missiles, mortars and rockets indiscriminately into civilian targets. SPECIFICALLY targeting schools, day care centers , civilian bus lines, shopping centers , pizza parlors and the like. .

Well, guidance systems are so poor, most fall onto fields or in the sea but they can target a pizza queue.
So, excluding the emotive lies, can you explain why support for Palestine instead of Israel would hurt the US?

How would supporting a terrorist regime HELP the US?

Keep in mind, Hamas doesn't like us either.

Lets see. Support Hamas, a known terror organization that lobs missiles, mortars and rockets indiscriminately into civilian targets. SPECIFICALLY targeting schools, day care centers , civilian bus lines, shopping centers , pizza parlors and the like. .

Well, guidance systems are so poor, most fall onto fields or in the sea but they can target a pizza queue.
So, excluding the emotive lies, can you explain why support for Palestine instead of Israel would hurt the US?

Who told you they don't like us?

US Jews spending the day in Gaza.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2eLFtfeowY]Codepink built a playground at beach camp in Gaza - YouTube[/ame]

Who told you they don't like us?

US Jews spending the day in Gaza.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2eLFtfeowY]Codepink built a playground at beach camp in Gaza - YouTube[/ame]

No one has to tell me that. It's common sense. We are supplying and supporting their enemy (Israel). I'm sure we are not on their Christmas list.

"We regard this as a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and the shedding of Muslim and Arab blood…We condemn the assassination and the killing of an Arab holy warrior. We ask God to offer him mercy with the true believers and the martyrs."

(Ismail Haniyeh, head of the Hamas administration in the Gaza Strip commenting on the killing of Osama Bin Laden, May 2, 2011)

Forum List

Back