America is a nation of hypocrites

Yes he used to be a Democrat -- but the difficult thing with Trump and republicans in general is that -- they don't care how depraved a policy position they take makes them look...and since the media is committed to "both sides do it" -- they will always find a way to make it seem like whatever extreme thing the right does -- both sides do it....

Yep, the Republican deflection game is strong these days. Whatever they accuse the Democrats of, they've already done in spades. The media is complicit in their click bait and greed, making them an accessory to the accusations.

A famous comedian said that the only way to beat Trump is to tell a bigger lie than Trump tells....If Trump promises a wall -- promise a bigger wall that shoots missiles and lasers at people -- then sell a bunch of merch (t-shirts and hats) with your fancy missile wall on it...

Sadly, that shit would likely work.

Obviously this will never play well with Democrats because of their base -- but it will definitely play well with republicans....BECAUSE OF THEIR BASE...and therein lies the reason why "moderate" Dems will never win against an extremist republican

Agreed. Tribalism is a bitch.

Still, calling what you haven't understood a "cluster fck" isn't doing you any good.

What haven't I understood about it? Please, enlighten me.

Neither does whining about the fact that at least one party seeks to end the habitual racism and misogyny or decrying these efforts under the rubrics of "PC" and "identity politics".

When you have to undermine the constitutional rights of individuals to achieve a complete utopia of inclusion, you just may be doing it wrong.

You apparently think Obamacare is a precedent for Medicare for All. It isn't. Biff informed you on that already. Neither, it seems, did you find the time to read the article I linked.

Facing social opprobrium for misogyny or racism isn't undermining any Constitutional rights, particularly not the 2nd Amendment. Curtailing the 2nd Amendment absolutism peddled by the gun nutters on the right also doesn't, BTW. Finally, I am awaiting your proposals how better to get rid of these scourges in ways other than to denounce their public expression, and to reduce discrimination in as many walks of life as possible.

You apparently think Obamacare is a precedent for Medicare for All.

It is. They might not be very similar in structure, but that is just a semantics argument. The end game is similar (insure everyone), and should Medicare for All be enacted, it will be directly because of failures from the ACA. IMO, Warren's proposal is honorable, but leaves more questions than answers and that is even after reading the PERI, Berwick and Baker testimonies. How do you get rid of the lobbies? They're going to legislate away private insurance and give that money to the government? Ever been to a VA hospital? It's the very model of government run health care inefficiency. So, best of luck with that.

Facing social opprobrium for misogyny or racism isn't undermining any Constitutional rights, particularly not the 2nd Amendment.

I find it interesting that you went straight to the 2nd amendment argument completely glossing over the 1st.

Curtailing the 2nd Amendment absolutism peddled by the gun nutters on the right also doesn't, BTW.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Finally, I am awaiting your proposals how better to get rid of these scourges in ways other than to denounce their public expression, and to reduce discrimination in as many walks of life as possible.

Deport them. :auiqs.jpg:But seriously, this OP is a denouncement of public expression, especially when it's inconsistent. Nothing more, nothing less.

I’ve seen the wingers on this board create thread after thread about what will happen with Super Tuesday and the upcoming election because they are apparently bored and stupid. I can guarantee 80% of them don’t give a damn about the outcome. They are Cult45 True Believers to the end, and 80% of them will vote for Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed) in November. They offer absolutely nothing to any insightful conversation about the inclusion of both party politics on this particular message board.

I think the Democrats will eventually throw Bernie out of the nomination, just like they did in 2016. Biden is the ‘safer’ old white guy boring establishment bet that they believe can appeal to the moderates. He will get little done if he is elected, just like the current *pResident. Maybe we should keep striving for mediocrity, who can be sure? :dunno:

Bernie wants to enact extreme change to the status quo. He wants fundamental change to the way our government is run. The people that seem to support him are a crowd consisting of extreme leftists like AOC, Tlaib and Omar. These are figures that are just as polarizing to moderates as the extremists on the right.

I believe the left wing extremists are just as caustic as the right wing extremists. So much so that their tactics at attacking one anther are indistinguishable from at times. Personally, I just want to punch them all in their fat fucking faces until they stop moving.

I’ve also come to the conclusion that communication on this forum is fundamentally useless. I don’t see it as a fault of the medium, as this message board seems to work great. I have zero problems with this site’s functionality and navigation. No, it definitely seems the problem is that this place claims to be a place ‘where your voices count’, but in reality, 80% of of the commenters here are right wingers. This place is nothing but a right wing echo chamber. Another elephant in the room that no one seems to address.

Democrats are going full on ‘Medicare for All’. Moderates like me know doing so is going to be a financial and adminsitrative cluster fuck. The negative fallout from ObamaCare is an example they refuse to address, even though it is a relative precedent. People like me want detailed answers to how this new form of the same nonsense being pedalled by Democrat front runners is even a possibility, and how it is sustainable in America’s future economy. When I ask those questions, I’m instantly demonized.

I also feel they’ve gone way too far with their nonsense PC identity politics. So much so they’ve begun to devalue our 1st and 2nd amendment rights. That ain’t right. If you’re so triggered that you feel the need to redefine words, race as well as the the science of human genders, then yeah, you’re a fucking hypocrite.

Republicans claim to be the ‘Real Americans’ here, and that’s just as ridiculous to me. You’re just as big of traitors as the group you’ve sworn to hate. You’ve sold your morality and common decency to the almighty dollar by voting for a morally corrupt, tragically stupid Orange bigot to run this country, and you alone will be ultimately responsible for the aftermath.

Those that claim to be Christians are the worst hypocrites of the bunch. They voted for a *pResident that doesn't give a fuck about religion. All he understands is that when you run the US, Christian=Good, Every other religion=Bad. When you vote for a misogynist, racist, thin skinned elitist that believes the country you love should be run as a business, and you agree with that, well, then fuck what you think, hypocrite.

Most of the people here discussing politics are complete hypocrites.

No need to piss your pants about it, just discuss.

Piss on my opinion all you want, but you better have a good source, or I'll make a fool of you.

Who are you again?

I’ve seen the wingers on this board create thread after thread about what will happen with Super Tuesday and the upcoming election because they are apparently bored and stupid. I can guarantee 80% of them don’t give a damn about the outcome. They are Cult45 True Believers to the end, and 80% of them will vote for Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed) in November. They offer absolutely nothing to any insightful conversation about the inclusion of both party politics on this particular message board.

I think the Democrats will eventually throw Bernie out of the nomination, just like they did in 2016. Biden is the ‘safer’ old white guy boring establishment bet that they believe can appeal to the moderates. He will get little done if he is elected, just like the current *pResident. Maybe we should keep striving for mediocrity, who can be sure? :dunno:

Bernie wants to enact extreme change to the status quo. He wants fundamental change to the way our government is run. The people that seem to support him are a crowd consisting of extreme leftists like AOC, Tlaib and Omar. These are figures that are just as polarizing to moderates as the extremists on the right.

I believe the left wing extremists are just as caustic as the right wing extremists. So much so that their tactics at attacking one anther are indistinguishable from at times. Personally, I just want to punch them all in their fat fucking faces until they stop moving.

I’ve also come to the conclusion that communication on this forum is fundamentally useless. I don’t see it as a fault of the medium, as this message board seems to work great. I have zero problems with this site’s functionality and navigation. No, it definitely seems the problem is that this place claims to be a place ‘where your voices count’, but in reality, 80% of of the commenters here are right wingers. This place is nothing but a right wing echo chamber. Another elephant in the room that no one seems to address.

Democrats are going full on ‘Medicare for All’. Moderates like me know doing so is going to be a financial and adminsitrative cluster fuck. The negative fallout from ObamaCare is an example they refuse to address, even though it is a relative precedent. People like me want detailed answers to how this new form of the same nonsense being pedalled by Democrat front runners is even a possibility, and how it is sustainable in America’s future economy. When I ask those questions, I’m instantly demonized.

I also feel they’ve gone way too far with their nonsense PC identity politics. So much so they’ve begun to devalue our 1st and 2nd amendment rights. That ain’t right. If you’re so triggered that you feel the need to redefine words, race as well as the the science of human genders, then yeah, you’re a fucking hypocrite.

Republicans claim to be the ‘Real Americans’ here, and that’s just as ridiculous to me. You’re just as big of traitors as the group you’ve sworn to hate. You’ve sold your morality and common decency to the almighty dollar by voting for a morally corrupt, tragically stupid Orange bigot to run this country, and you alone will be ultimately responsible for the aftermath.

Those that claim to be Christians are the worst hypocrites of the bunch. They voted for a *pResident that doesn't give a fuck about religion. All he understands is that when you run the US, Christian=Good, Every other religion=Bad. When you vote for a misogynist, racist, thin skinned elitist that believes the country you love should be run as a business, and you agree with that, well, then fuck what you think, hypocrite.

Piss on my opinion all you want, but you better have a good source, or I'll make a fool of you.

Who are you again?

I suppose anything you want me to be, precious. :113:

Who are you again?

Doesn’t ring a bell.

Of the many behaviors and characteristics shared by both whacked-out ends of the spectrum, hypocrisy, bigotry and intellectual dishonesty are right at the top.

Who are you again?

Doesn’t ring a bell.

Okay, then. Have a nice day. :113:

Medicare for all is not Obamacare. Not even close. Yes, that is how it is presented and that is the biggest failure of Obamacare and is even somewhat understandable.

Medicare is very popular. No one is running on getting rid of it (not that those who run on ending Obamacare want to deal with the fallout).

Medicare for All is something for the people. Obamacare was something for the Insurance and Pharmaceutical industries.

I honestly don't understand your last line. Please explain what you believe to be the main differences, and also, if you would, explain how either avoid the Insurance and Pharmaceutical industries.

With Medicare for all the Insurance companies would not be involved and any part of reform has to include restrictions on the price of pharmaceuticals just like every other first would country does.

As Sanders And Warren Attack, Health Insurer Profits Soar

I've heard all that. But it is so lacking in detail that it seems merely a pipe dream. So, do you think that the private insurance industry is going to disappear overnight? Do you believe the pharmaceutical industry just lies down to regulation and takes the monumental hit to their bottom line? Super unrealistic if you ask me.

They took the "hit" with the epi-pen. They are taking the "hit" with insulin now.

C'mon, those aren't monumental hits to the industry's bottom line. This industry accounts for more than $1.3 trillion in economic output, representing 4 percent of total U.S. output in 2015 alone. They're hand slaps at best.

This "pipedream" already exists for those over 65. All this would do is expand it for all.

Well, it currently doesn't for those under 65 who also pay into it with no guaranteed ROI in our future while investing in private insurance that is expensive and inconsistent. But the way you frame it, it sounds super easy! :113: What could possibly go wrong?

Of the many behaviors and characteristics shared by both whacked-out ends of the spectrum, hypocrisy, bigotry and intellectual dishonesty are right at the top.

It's become the communication stock and trade for political extremism. Seen in just about every USMB politics thread. :auiqs.jpg: Or CNN. Or Faux News. Or MSNBC. Or Fakebook, Twatter, Reddit, 4/8 Chan, InstaGlam, etc. Deep thinkers, all.

You apparently think Obamacare is a precedent for Medicare for All.

It is. They might not be very similar in structure, but that is just a semantics argument. The end game is similar (insure everyone), and should Medicare for All be enacted, it will be directly because of failures from the ACA. IMO, Warren's proposal is honorable, but leaves more questions than answers and that is even after reading the PERI, Berwick and Baker testimonies. How do you get rid of the lobbies? They're going to legislate away private insurance and give that money to the government? Ever been to a VA hospital? It's the very model of government run health care inefficiency. So, best of luck with that.

Facing social opprobrium for misogyny or racism isn't undermining any Constitutional rights, particularly not the 2nd Amendment.

I find it interesting that you went straight to the 2nd amendment argument completely glossing over the 1st.

Curtailing the 2nd Amendment absolutism peddled by the gun nutters on the right also doesn't, BTW.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Finally, I am awaiting your proposals how better to get rid of these scourges in ways other than to denounce their public expression, and to reduce discrimination in as many walks of life as possible.

Deport them. :auiqs.jpg:But seriously, this OP is a denouncement of public expression, especially when it's inconsistent. Nothing more, nothing less.

Medicare for All removes the profit motive from its dominant position in the current healthcare market. Medicare is also far more efficient than any other portion of healthcare. Taking on younger - healthier - portions of the population won't change that, even though the howls about "government inefficiency" won't stop either. They are, after all, the bread and butter of rightarded anti-government propaganda.

I am somewhat disappointed that in "Facing social opprobrium for misogyny or racism isn't undermining any Constitutional rights" you found I was "completely glossing over the 1st." I wasn't. You should take a closer look at the 1st some time, with particular attention paid to "Congress shall make no law", aiming at a proper understanding as to who is bound by that, and who is not.

All told, the current approach at inclusion at the intersection of private attitudes and collective efforts at improvement is certainly seriously flawed. I believe this is necessarily so, and has been since just about the start of humankind. Still, I have yet to see a better approach. Sadly enough.

Last edited:
Medicare for all is not Obamacare. Not even close. Yes, that is how it is presented and that is the biggest failure of Obamacare and is even somewhat understandable.

Medicare is very popular. No one is running on getting rid of it (not that those who run on ending Obamacare want to deal with the fallout).

Medicare for All is something for the people. Obamacare was something for the Insurance and Pharmaceutical industries.

I honestly don't understand your last line. Please explain what you believe to be the main differences, and also, if you would, explain how either avoid the Insurance and Pharmaceutical industries.

With Medicare for all the Insurance companies would not be involved and any part of reform has to include restrictions on the price of pharmaceuticals just like every other first would country does.

I've heard all that. But it is so lacking in detail that it seems merely a pipe dream. So, do you think that the private insurance industry is going to disappear overnight? Do you believe the pharmaceutical industry just lies down to regulation and takes the monumental hit to their bottom line? Super unrealistic if you ask me.

They took the "hit" with the epi-pen. They are taking the "hit" with insulin now.

C'mon, those aren't monumental hits to the industry's bottom line. This industry accounts for more than $1.3 trillion in economic output, representing 4 percent of total U.S. output in 2015 alone. They're hand slaps at best.

This "pipedream" already exists for those over 65. All this would do is expand it for all.

Well, it currently doesn't for those under 65 who also pay into it with no guaranteed ROI in our future while investing in private insurance that is expensive and inconsistent. But the way you frame it, it sounds super easy! :113: What could possibly go wrong?

So now the argument is "this is hard, we shouldn't do it because it's too hard".

What a weak position to take.

Amen
Fuck the duopoly and all their cultists

Why do i seem like the only person that is against UH because the fed gov doesnt have that power?
Why do people want a bunch of morons to control our healthcare when they are the ones that fucked it up in the first place?

Medicare for All removes the profit motive

That's what they keep telling us...

Medicare is also far more efficient than any other portion of healthcare. Taking on younger - healthier - portions of the population won't change that

Yep, that too.

even though the howls about "government inefficiency" won't stop either.
They are, after all, the bread and butter of rightarded anti-government propaganda.

Perhaps. However, witnessing the constant inefficiency firsthand tends to speak to the opinions of certain individuals. It's certainly not gospel. You can always research these things and come up with your own conclusions. I'm in the 'woefully inefficient' camp due to my own experience. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I am somewhat disappointed that in "Facing social opprobrium for misogyny or racism isn't undermining any Constitutional rights" you found I was "completely glossing over the 1st." I wasn't. You should take a closer look at the 1st some time, with particular attention paid to "government shall make no law", aiming at a proper understanding as to who is bound by that, and who is not.

I concede PC extremism is a social construct not really bound by constitutional edict until it is. The creep into our civil liberties is likely at a macro level for now, but I see it gaining, not receding. Misogyny exists. I think it's bad. Racism exists. I also think it's bad. I'm married to someone of a different race than myself, which automatically makes me a derelict and traitor to my own race to some individuals who choose to revel in their own ignorance. I can't help their ignorance. Nor do I want to.

However as long as our nation seems to have two separate systems of justice for the wealthy/powerful and non-wealthy/non-powerful, I don't see these social maladies going away any time soon, especially with the current gallery of scoundrels leading the country. I believe being a champion for the eradication for said social maladies is a honorable charge, if you don't go too far by infringing upon the free expression of other individuals. Do you understand?

All told, the current approach at inclusion at the intersection of private attitudes and collective efforts at improvement is certainly seriously flawed. I believe this is necessarily so, and has been since just about the start of humankind. Still, I have yet to see a better approach. Sadly enough.

Agreed! :113:

So now the argument is "this is hard, we shouldn't do it because it's too hard".

What a weak position to take.

Actually, the position is: How can I trust you? What is your plan? Fuck your words, gimme DETAILS, bitch! What the fuck am I paying for exactly? Be specific.

Why do i seem like the only person that is against UH because the fed gov doesnt have that power?
Why do people want a bunch of morons to control our healthcare when they are the ones that fucked it up in the first place?

Because it's the question none of the political tribes want to answer. Likely, because the answer is piss poor, at best.

Because it's the question none of the political tribes want to answer. Likely, because the answer is piss poor, at best.
Political tribes. I like that

Made it thru the first paragraph before I realized you had nothing useful to say, but boy, you are a whiny little bitch.

And, yes, I will vote for President Trump. The others are a joke.

Made it thru the first paragraph before I realized you had nothing useful to say, but boy, you are a whiny little bitch.

And, yes, I will vote for President Trump. The others are a joke.

K, thanks for stopping by! :113: Now kindly fuck off.

Forum List

Back