America is a nation of hypocrites

I concede PC extremism is a social construct not really bound by constitutional edict until it is. The creep into our civil liberties is likely at a macro level for now, but I see it gaining, not receding. Misogyny exists. I think it's bad. Racism exists. I also think it's bad. I'm married to someone of a different race than myself, which automatically makes me a derelict and traitor to my own race to some individuals who choose to revel in their own ignorance. I can't help their ignorance. Nor do I want to.

However as long as our nation seems to have two separate systems of justice for the wealthy/powerful and non-wealthy/non-powerful, I don't see these social maladies going away any time soon, especially with the current gallery of scoundrels leading the country. I believe being a champion for the eradication for said social maladies is a honorable charge, if you don't go too far by infringing upon the free expression of other individuals. Do you understand?

Having read the above with much interest, my sympathies to you. I also understand your motivation to safeguard social liberties, and am sure the 1st Amendment needs all the attention and support it can possibly get. On the other hand, there is nothing - nothing whatsoever - wrong with societal efforts insisting on the responsible exercise of civil liberties.

The one point I don't understand is the connection you draw between the separate systems of justice and racism / misogyny. Care to explain? For to me it seems there are these separate systems of justice, but mainly for Blacks and the "rest", as an expression of the habitual racism of long standing.

I haven't read the whole thread- I just want to ask where the constitutional authority comes from to intervene in the private sector- I have a pretty good grasp of simple English and I can't seem to find it.

societal efforts insisting on the responsible exercise of civil liberties
There are state and local and sometimes federal laws to punish that exercise if deemed inappropriate- the problem is the punishment often doesn't fit the crime, or the crime is not harming another but a what if one harmed another in the alleged crime.
That is thought policing meant to enhance revenue and buy votes for the law writers. Period. But, the voters approve the idiocy- is that not criminal as the punishment costs everyone, not just the perpetrator?
And BOTH sides play the game- yes it is a game to them in spite of what they say.

I haven't read the whole thread- I just want to ask where the constitutional authority comes from to intervene in the private sector- I have a pretty good grasp of simple English and I can't seem to find it.

No, it's not here. There is no authority to do so. To be clear, the only real argument is free expression. In a societal disagreement, which tends to happen in the private sector, constitutional edict is sketchy at best.

Having read the above with much interest, my sympathies to you. I also understand your motivation to safeguard social liberties, and am sure the 1st Amendment needs all the attention and support it can possibly get. On the other hand, there is nothing - nothing whatsoever - wrong with societal efforts insisting on the responsible exercise of civil liberties.

Nope. You're absolutely correct. I'm only railing on about free expression in society. It's constitutionally spotty at best.

The one point I don't understand is the connection you draw between the separate systems of justice and racism / misogyny. Care to explain? For to me it seems there are these separate systems of justice, but mainly for Blacks and the "rest", as an expression of the habitual racism of long standing.

Personally? One example I can give you is a local news story in my neck of the woods that I will be purposely obscure about due to a personal preference to protect my personal identity on the innert00bs, so no offense intended.

So, guy who is grandson of rich guy that happens to be a city counsel member as well as the son of an even richer guy that happens to own most of the land that the city leases for development from them crashes his lifted F-150 into the windows of the new library. Drunk as shit while doing so. Eye witnesses make statements to the local paper saying he left a bar shitfaced 15 minutes prior. He skates, even getting a ride home in a cop car. No charges filed. Not even a breathalyzer test.

The very next day, Joe regular guy drives drunk along the same stretch of road, loses control in front of the same library. Crashes into the easement in front of the very same library windows that were boarded up from the previous night. No damage to municipal building. As far as I know, he's still in jail on multiple charges.

(EDIT: Both drivers are white Caucasian males.) This is what I mean by two different justice systems. Understand now?

Last edited:
This is what I mean by two different justice systems. Understand now?

Understood. Actually, I guessed that's what you meant. One probably had a bunch of first-rate lawyers, the other had seven minutes with a public defender. Yet:

"The one point I don't understand is the connection you draw between the separate systems of justice and racism / misogyny."

For to me you seemed to imply the separate systems are a major cause of the two scourges.

This is what I mean by two different justice systems. Understand now?

Understood. Actually, I guessed that's what you meant. One probably had a bunch of first-rate lawyers, the other had seven minutes with a public defender. Yet:

"The one point I don't understand is the connection you draw between the separate systems of justice and racism / misogyny."

For to me you seemed to imply the separate systems are a major cause of the two scourges.

I think they are. You can be an outright classist and racist POS in this country if you have enough dough. Take a look at Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed). He has as such pretty much skated on his allegations of rape, defamation, racism and other sexual predator shenanigans just because he belongs to a class that doesn't believe the wholesale repudiation and manipulation of another human being of race/gender/lower social status is a crime. It is pretty much an untouchable status if you have the cash to buy your way out of the situation. This is something 90+% of Americans aren't privy to. The rest of us have to deal with something very different, and it stinks.

Last edited:
With Medicare for all the Insurance companies would not be involved and any part of reform has to include restrictions on the price of pharmaceuticals just like every other first would country does.

As Sanders And Warren Attack, Health Insurer Profits Soar

I've heard all that. But it is so lacking in detail that it seems merely a pipe dream. So, do you think that the private insurance industry is going to disappear overnight? Do you believe the pharmaceutical industry just lies down to regulation and takes the monumental hit to their bottom line? Super unrealistic if you ask me.

They took the "hit" with the epi-pen. They are taking the "hit" with insulin now.

C'mon, those aren't monumental hits to the industry's bottom line. This industry accounts for more than $1.3 trillion in economic output, representing 4 percent of total U.S. output in 2015 alone. They're hand slaps at best.

This "pipedream" already exists for those over 65. All this would do is expand it for all.

Well, it currently doesn't for those under 65 who also pay into it with no guaranteed ROI in our future while investing in private insurance that is expensive and inconsistent. But the way you frame it, it sounds super easy! :113: What could possibly go wrong?

So now the argument is "this is hard, we shouldn't do it because it's too hard".

What a weak position to take.

Actually, the position is: How can I trust you? What is your plan? Fuck your words, gimme DETAILS, bitch! What the fuck am I paying for exactly? Be specific.

Me? LOL, I am supposed to write a plan before you are interested? LOL

I’ve seen the wingers on this board create thread after thread about what will happen with Super Tuesday and the upcoming election because they are apparently bored and stupid. I can guarantee 80% of them don’t give a damn about the outcome. They are Cult45 True Believers to the end, and 80% of them will vote for Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed) in November. They offer absolutely nothing to any insightful conversation about the inclusion of both party politics on this particular message board.

I think the Democrats will eventually throw Bernie out of the nomination, just like they did in 2016. Biden is the ‘safer’ old white guy boring establishment bet that they believe can appeal to the moderates. He will get little done if he is elected, just like the current *pResident. Maybe we should keep striving for mediocrity, who can be sure? :dunno:

Bernie wants to enact extreme change to the status quo. He wants fundamental change to the way our government is run. The people that seem to support him are a crowd consisting of extreme leftists like AOC, Tlaib and Omar. These are figures that are just as polarizing to moderates as the extremists on the right.

I believe the left wing extremists are just as caustic as the right wing extremists. So much so that their tactics at attacking one anther are indistinguishable from at times. Personally, I just want to punch them all in their fat fucking faces until they stop moving.

I’ve also come to the conclusion that communication on this forum is fundamentally useless. I don’t see it as a fault of the medium, as this message board seems to work great. I have zero problems with this site’s functionality and navigation. No, it definitely seems the problem is that this place claims to be a place ‘where your voices count’, but in reality, 80% of of the commenters here are right wingers. This place is nothing but a right wing echo chamber. Another elephant in the room that no one seems to address.

Democrats are going full on ‘Medicare for All’. Moderates like me know doing so is going to be a financial and adminsitrative cluster fuck. The negative fallout from ObamaCare is an example they refuse to address, even though it is a relative precedent. People like me want detailed answers to how this new form of the same nonsense being pedalled by Democrat front runners is even a possibility, and how it is sustainable in America’s future economy. When I ask those questions, I’m instantly demonized.

I also feel they’ve gone way too far with their nonsense PC identity politics. So much so they’ve begun to devalue our 1st and 2nd amendment rights. That ain’t right. If you’re so triggered that you feel the need to redefine words, race as well as the the science of human genders, then yeah, you’re a fucking hypocrite.

Republicans claim to be the ‘Real Americans’ here, and that’s just as ridiculous to me. You’re just as big of traitors as the group you’ve sworn to hate. You’ve sold your morality and common decency to the almighty dollar by voting for a morally corrupt, tragically stupid Orange bigot to run this country, and you alone will be ultimately responsible for the aftermath.

Those that claim to be Christians are the worst hypocrites of the bunch. They voted for a *pResident that doesn't give a fuck about religion. All he understands is that when you run the US, Christian=Good, Every other religion=Bad. When you vote for a misogynist, racist, thin skinned elitist that believes the country you love should be run as a business, and you agree with that, well, then fuck what you think, hypocrite.

Most of the people here discussing politics are complete hypocrites.

No need to piss your pants about it, just discuss.

Piss on my opinion all you want, but you better have a good source, or I'll make a fool of you.

I piss on it because you hate any political party that opposes the leftists. You hate those that voted against YOUR candidate and yeah, Trump isn't without sin nor could he pass a "purity test"...but his message resonated with people that have felt disenfranchised, people that have seen manufacturing jobs shipped overseas. People that have seen an influx of illegals that have been given carte blanche to come over and take jobs like carpentry and bricklaying for under the table cash making it almost impossible for the competition to compete if playing by the rules and lowering wages. At one time the DNC that catered to unions were against illegal labor, that is until they saw them as the next underclass to cater to and that they were the future voting base of the DNC.

Ever since NAFTA, CAFTA and GATT, Americans have been getting fucked by both parties. HB1 Visas given because our pathetic universities don't educate and teach enough students the type of skills required for high tech jobs.....indoctrinating them with communist ideals doesn't make for an impressive resume. The election and support of Trump was a backlash and a middle finger thrusted at the status quo....get it now, dipshit?

P.S If you think that there are too many rightwingers here? There are plenty of sites that accept on commie enthusiasts. You might feel more in your element there. The dailykos comes immediately to mind.

Post #2 calls post #1 a rant, though xians voted for Trump because of the hope for the maintenance of the status quo. Kremlin puppetmasters must know that the world movement is from, not toward, religion:

2 Mar 2020 Putin
Putin proposes to enshrine God, heterosexual marriage in Russian constitution

'A belief that predated the founding of the United States, one championed by an early advocate of religious liberty, John Locke, held that anyone who would not take an oath before God could not be trusted. This outdated prejudice nonetheless has persisted into the 21st century. One of the things we try to do in our book is praise organizations like FFRF for doing something about it.'
(Freethought Today, Mar 2020, The Intrusion of Religion into Public Life)

Forum List

Back