America, I Apologize For the South’s Hypocrisy

Reasonable

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2017
As a native Southerner, I'd like to apologize to the rest of the country. My region repeatedly claims that we place God above all else, but our actions tell a different story, especially when we mix religion, politics and the mistreatment of women and girls. We have politicians who feel no compunction, even, misusing the story of a sacred virgin birth to ignore child molestation.

Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter," Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler told the Washington Examiner Thursday, in an attempt to defend Roy Moore, a candidate for the US Senate from Alabama, after a damning story about Moore's alleged past was published by the Washington Post. "They became parents of Jesus," Zeigler added.
Such assertions of support are likely why a man like Moore felt comfortable enough to fund-raise just hours later — while boldly proclaiming the name of God.

That’s right . A man in a high-profile political race representing the supposed "family values" party, after being named in an eye-popping report alleging that when he was a 32-year-old man he tried to have a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl, not only did not drop out of the race or hide in shame, he doubled down. Moore denied the allegations and evoked the term "spiritual warfare," which is well known in Southern Christian churches, black and white, to elicit as much sympathy from the faithful as possible.

There’s nothing like red state hypocrisy!

America, I apologize for the South's hypocrisy — CNN

As a native Southerner, I'd like to apologize to the rest of the country. My region repeatedly claims that we place God above all else, but our actions tell a different story, especially when we mix religion, politics and the mistreatment of women and girls. We have politicians who feel no compunction, even, misusing the story of a sacred virgin birth to ignore child molestation.

Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter," Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler told the Washington Examiner Thursday, in an attempt to defend Roy Moore, a candidate for the US Senate from Alabama, after a damning story about Moore's alleged past was published by the Washington Post. "They became parents of Jesus," Zeigler added.
Such assertions of support are likely why a man like Moore felt comfortable enough to fund-raise just hours later — while boldly proclaiming the name of God.

That’s right . A man in a high-profile political race representing the supposed "family values" party, after being named in an eye-popping report alleging that when he was a 32-year-old man he tried to have a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl, not only did not drop out of the race or hide in shame, he doubled down. Moore denied the allegations and evoked the term "spiritual warfare," which is well known in Southern Christian churches, black and white, to elicit as much sympathy from the faithful as possible.

He does not speak for all Southerners. To think that he does shows me why, and should show most, why Trump was elected.

The South elected Trump

Shows what they think of moral values

As a native Southerner, I'd like to apologize to the rest of the country...

You can claim to be a "native Southerner" but unfortunately we don't claim your kind.

I mean, do you even own a Confederate flag?

Last edited:

There’s nothing like red state hypocrisy!

No need, everyone down here could care less anyway.

Yet another debunked far left religious narrative being run.

Another bashing of the South where the Democrats ran the kkk.

And now use political slavery to try and hold on to their power.

I apologize I apologize .....haaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lmao: yeah right ....haaaa

The South elected Trump

Different moral values for right and left.

If the right perceives the perp is a liberal, he/she is guilty without a trial and should be taken out back and stung up.

If the perp is a far right rabid fundie nutter (like Moore), all of his many victims who have told exactly the same story are lying and the far right fundie nutter is pure as the driven snow.

OTOH, before Anthony Weiner was proven guilty, on the strength of just the accusation, the Dems threw him out of congress.

And of course, a lying sack of shit who has bragged about his many sexual assaults and has been proven to be a life long criminal - now THAT is presidential material.
0ecd935af88629e822c95a90dbaff689.jpg

Libtards living in their peaches and cream ridiculous world.

I feel sorry for them ......in their ignorance.

The South elected Trump

Different moral values for right and left.

If the right perceives the perp is a liberal, he/she is guilty without a trial and should be taken out back and stung up.

If the perp is a far right rabid fundie nutter (like Moore), all of his many victims who have told exactly the same story are lying and the far right fundie nutter is pure as the driven snow.

OTOH, before Anthony Weiner was proven guilty, on the strength of just the accusation, the Dems threw him out of congress.

And of course, a lying sack of shit who has bragged about his many sexual assaults and has been proven to be a life long criminal - now THAT is presidential material. View attachment 159866

So far, and still counting, 57 women have accused Harvey Weinstein of misconduct including rape. And, one claims she gave him red wings! Against her will.

nothing like holding every moral fiber in your body out over a sex assault until you can achieve leverage in politics

tal about cheapening it for the ones who are silent out of terror

As a native Southerner, I'd like to apologize to the rest of the country.

Instead of apologizing do your research on middle east mythology including the "Apocrypha" which indicates Joseph was 99 years old and Mary was 16 at the time of the birth of Jesus, the failed, neo-essene messiah of a certain group of Jews who hated Romans in particular and White people in general. Yes it was weirder than Mohammad's child bride and Westerners really need to let go of Yahweh, Jesus and Allah mythology and embrace God instead!

Forum List

Back