America Has the Best Military In The World

JW Frogen

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
Bar none.

I am not talking technology or mass of strength, not numbers.

But the soul and nature of US military people.

The most dedicated, brave, put your hand up, dive into any global problem, do your best, with heart and compassion, can do, spirit in the world.

Not perfect, nothing in war or military life can be.

But when the USA military is at it's best there is no institution on Earth, not one, that can deliver it's honour and promises like they do.

Not one.

Now what US politicians task them to do, that is a completely different story.

Last edited:
Shock and awe was a political ad man's idea of what the US military does.

Still Saddam was both shocked and awed. He fell in three weeks.

It was Rumsfeld and Bush's idiot awe, not planning an occupation that turned that perfect military do your duty into an decades long insurrection and inter-Islamic blood feud.

Global sea lanes open and free? Day after day.

Thank the US navy.

Hurricane in Puerto Rico?

Here comes the Sea Bees.

An entire nation being wiped out by an insane dictator?

Like Kuwait?

Nope not going to happen.

Japan rebuilt, all of Western Europe rebuilt and allowed self determination.

Well thank the US military for being tasked with all the prosaic hard yards post war on that.

No military power in human history has been so benevolent. (Not always, but more so than any other.)

If the US military stops believing in itself, I tell you now, without reservation, democratic civilization will be like Rome in the 5th century, our souls prostrate and begging the barbarian human heart for their contract terms.

Last edited:
Global sea lanes open and free? Day after day.

Thank the US navy.
As though
a) that's not a political policy decision but one the US Navy
makes for itself
b) other nations don't contribute to open sea lanes.

If the US military stops believing in itself, I tell you now, without reservation, democratic civilization will be like Rome in the 5th century, our souls prostrate and begging the barbarian human heart for their contract terms.
What a self serving self deceiving load of rubbish.

Bar none.

The most dedicated, brave, put your hand up, dive into any global problem, do your best, with heart and compassion, can do, spirit in the world.

But when the USA military is at it's best there is no institution on Earth, not one, that can deliver it's honour and promises like they do.

Not one.

BRAVO ZULU!

cmn are you talking about the hundreds of thousands from the Vietnamese South who dove into the cold sea of despair and death looking for some other mercy after the Communist North won that war?

Is that who you are talking about?

The million or so more afflicted by authoritarian "re-education", those who begged fate and time and history the US did win that war?

But even now, who is victorious North Vietnam looking to to protect their seas lanes?

The United States of America from growing Chinese incursions, threats and territorial acquisitions.

Vietnam is trying to get a military alliance with the United States. Right now.

Why?

We are the Romans.

Hard, but fair and free.

When you compare us to the alternatives.
the alternatives are much, much worse.

Welcome to the real world of power my friend, it is not about university PC ideas of self cultural purgation and virtue, it is about real power, reality, and human nature.

And no organization in the world operates in such realities to my mind, with more idealism, in that cold, hard, human, reality than the US military.

Far more so than any ever PC protesting unreality US university will ever understand, not dealing with the realities of the world as every last man and women in the US military is forced to do.

And most of them, not all, but most, do it with dignity, heart, soul and dedication to protection of human civilization.

I state here and now, human, democratic civilization could not exist as we know it without the US military underlying almost every last premise of it.

Last edited:
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... we kicked the Hun's butt inna WWI...

... an' den kicked dey's butts again inna WWII."

Bar none.

Not one.

Actually the best military in the world is shared by a small dozen or so countries including Costa Rica, Dominica, Iceland and Samoa.

They don't have one.

Bar none.

Not one.

BRAVO ZULU!

Or perhaps:
"Baker Sierra"

And most of them, not all, but most, do it with dignity, heart, soul and dedication to protection of human civilization.
Yet their oath is to defend the Constitution. You're saying they're reneging on their oath?

I love the way how when you 'win' it's the military and when you 'lose' it's the politicians.

Bar none.

Not one.

Actually the best military in the world is shared by a small dozen or so countries including Costa Rica, Dominica, Iceland and Samoa.

They don't have one.

Bar none.

Not one.

BRAVO ZULU!

Or perhaps:
"Baker Sierra"

And are so dictated to by those who do have one.

Now that is an interesting observation.

When is the military responsible for failure?

And they can be in non democratic socieities, when they are running the political policy show, such as Germany in WWI or WW2 or Japan in WW2, and over and over again in human history.

I would never advocate the military calls the political shots, only the democratic polity should do that.

But as in the second Iraq War, when the Bush administration got every historical premise of war wrong, every last one, and the US military still almost pulled it off, despite the insanity of the mission, the US military demonstrates once again, how is is almost the only instiution in the United States right now, that can and will give everything it has got to deliver. Without regard to self interest or personal profit.

While investment banks lie and fail and demand tax payer money, while our political class is put on their leash, while US universities masturbate in idiot PC self indulgence festivals history will see as nothing more than an self indulgent annotation, the US military is the one institution that can hold to it's core purpose. And makes history as it is.

Even when the political promises, the half wit promises of the society they serve can not be delivered.

Only the US military in the United States, gives it a go for the larger purpose than political or commercial profit.

Only the US military never betrays the American dream.

And when the US military decides it must betray such.

We are all fucked.

So do not tempt them by mocking the one thing most military care about, honor and respect, even if the rest of the country has given up on those noble ideas.

Last edited:
Bar none.

Not one.

So, it's all about the soul and nature of US military people.

How many militarys have you worked for in order to be able to say the US's is better than everyone else's?

I can very seldom tell when people are posting drunk, I think that comes from hardly ever drinking.

Forum List

Back