CDZ America first?

'America first' is a broad abstraction that allows any interpretation dependent on the person and the situation. The listener fills in its meaning. I'll leave that for the reader to consider. But imagine if instead we used 'people first' or 'workers first'? Or 'American made' as our slogan concept. Would that change the dynamics of the conversation and our values? Anyone who has read me here or on other sites should know while I am a fan of government and its regulatory and constructive possibilities, I also believe if you want a fair and sane society of families etc, only the people themselves can do that by supporting each other and not throwing stones.

A fiction or is it: My friend is always saying America first, he's proud of his nation, he wears it on his cap. He drives a foreign made car, vacations on an exotic Island, drinks imported beer and wine, wears foreign designer clothing, eats imported fruit, wears a Swiss watch, his phone is made in China, the beef he eats comes from Chile, steel and wallboard in his home is imported too, his camera is from Taiwan, the children's toys are Mexican, furniture come from overseas, oh, and his cap is made in China too. And he always says America first. [It ain't the world I grew up in and I ain't that old.]
A broad extraption that allows any interpretation dependent on the person and situation -- Does "Hope and Change" ring a bell.

It sure does and I think for many it happened. Consider 'don't ask' is gone, millions have heathcare, Gays can marry, the market is up, jobs are up. So I missing any point you may have thought you made? When Americans, each of us support each other as happened during the Great Depression and everyone rebuilt the nation, then we will be great again. Till then we waddle in an unpleasant place of our own making.

"If mankind had wished for what is right, they might have had it long ago." William Hazlitt

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
'America first' is a broad abstraction that allows any interpretation dependent on the person and the situation. The listener fills in its meaning. I'll leave that for the reader to consider. But imagine if instead we used 'people first' or 'workers first'? Or 'American made' as our slogan concept. Would that change the dynamics of the conversation and our values? Anyone who has read me here or on other sites should know while I am a fan of government and its regulatory and constructive possibilities, I also believe if you want a fair and sane society of families etc, only the people themselves can do that by supporting each other and not throwing stones.

A fiction or is it: My friend is always saying America first, he's proud of his nation, he wears it on his cap. He drives a foreign made car, vacations on an exotic Island, drinks imported beer and wine, wears foreign designer clothing, eats imported fruit, wears a Swiss watch, his phone is made in China, the beef he eats comes from Chile, steel and wallboard in his home is imported too, his camera is from Taiwan, the children's toys are Mexican, furniture come from overseas, oh, and his cap is made in China too. And he always says America first. [It ain't the world I grew up in and I ain't that old.]
A broad extraption that allows any interpretation dependent on the person and situation -- Does "Hope and Change" ring a bell.

It sure does and I think for many it happened. Consider 'don't ask' is gone, millions have heathcare, Gays can marry, the market is up, jobs are up. So I missing any point you may have thought you made? When Americans, each of us support each other as happened during the Great Depression and everyone rebuilt the nation, then we will be great again. Till then we waddle in an unpleasant place of our own making.

"If mankind had wished for what is right, they might have had it long ago." William Hazlitt
Yes, you missed the point....as your were interpreting the broad extraptuon of "Hope and Change" specifically to your own situation just as many will interpret "Make America Great Again" to their own situations.

Why are Americans more important than anyone else?

I am okay with taking a piece of land and giving it a name, but this imaginary community bullshit has gone on long enough. The modern nation-state is a crime against humanity.
Letting go of our modern nation-state "imaginary community" would be fine, so long as every other modern nation-state gets the memo. Otherwise, we're toast. "We" as in you, me, Toledo... all of it.
So what do you propose in its place?

I am okay with taking a piece of land and giving it a name, but this imaginary community bullshit has gone on long enough. The modern nation-state is a crime against humanity.
Letting go of our modern nation-state "imaginary community" would be fine, so long as every other modern nation-state gets the memo. Otherwise, we're toast. "We" as in you, me, Toledo... all of it.
That is the main failing of anarchist thought - the idea that the power vacuum that occurs when a government is removed sill not be filled by another force.

Haven't you been paying attention? He is an anarchist he wants NO Government.

I got it! Onyx is an anarchist leaning troll. However he/she/it has helped me out. In a previous post concerning "troll's" I asked the question, exactly what is a troll? I have an idea now after reading several of his posts. He also stated he felt the police who were murdered deserved to die. That is what we are dealing with as far as Onyx is concerned. One writer suggested we sic "iggy" on him and cancel him out. What say you? I hope I have not over stepped my limits here. If so I apologize in advance.

No, seriously, I'm trying to wrap my head around what that would look like. He says it's not NO government, exactly, but I can't envision how it would work.

No, seriously, I'm trying to wrap my head around what that would look like. He says it's not NO government, exactly, but I can't envision how it would work.
Kinda why anarchists are so stupid :D

Like Somalia.

Don't know why folks can't handle an honest political discussion with an anarchist. Better understanding of WHY so many people adopt those views..

Deal is --- you discuss the TOPIC -- not the person. And if there's issues -- you contact Moderation. Not destroy the thread.

14 posts deleted --- a couple folks warned.. Respect the CDZ or YOU won't be in it anymore.

Last edited:

What gives you that impression?

Nation states are an extension of private property rights. Especially so when the other nations states have no respect for them.

I'd love nothing more than to convince all the commies and tin pot despots of the world that private property and free enterprise are the only conditions for improving the lot of humanity, then abolish all national borders. But that's not going to happen any time soon.

Shitty a situation as that is, it's the best we can work with right now.

Onyx claims to be an anarchist but puts all his threads in the protected by the admin forum. Guess freedom is not really what he wants when exposing his beliefs.

I got it! Onyx is an anarchist leaning troll. However he/she/it has helped me out. In a previous post concerning "troll's" I asked the question, exactly what is a troll? I have an idea now after reading several of his posts. He also stated he felt the police who were murdered deserved to die. That is what we are dealing with as far as Onyx is concerned. One writer suggested we sic "iggy" on him and cancel him out. What say you? I hope I have not over stepped my limits here. If so I apologize in advance.

Who is "iggy?"

The ignore list.

Forum List

Back