America First: President Trump imposes 30% tariff on imported solar products & washing machines

Probably will help our businesses.

Why just solar panels? Why not everything?
Remember when Obama gave Porkulus money to Solyndra for higher tech solar panels only to see the Chinese flood the solar market with low tech govt subsidized panels? I certainly don't hate Obama, and in many ways I think he was a good president, but it was not surprising that he regularly got his liberal elite affirmative action law professor's clock cleaned whenever he entered into capital markets - from Steve Jobs though Xi.

Trump should have done this months ago, but better late than never. I want the guy gone, but he's right on this issue. UNLESS you want to buy a less expensive washer. And my cell phone is from LG
Wasn't that done through his Stimulous Bill, through legislation by the Congress?

China has a billion more people and so does India than we have. Without China or India we die.

I had best buy a new washing machine before they go up, and replace everything before the prices go up.

Do you want a billion more people living on our soil. You Pubs have a problem with CA as it is you call it a shithole.
Try a Speed Queen. It will outlast anything else (by a lot) and is US-made.

Well thank you. I had picked out a GE as they have an extra button to put more water in, but I see Speed Queen fills the tub. I'll have to check them out.

This is welcome news for thousands of Whirlpool workers in Ohio whose jobs have been threatened by a surge of cheap washers!

AMERICA FIRST: Trump Imposes 30% Tariff on Imported Solar Products and Washing Machines - Breitbart

moar.jpg

Speed Queen builds all their machines to the same standard as tbeir commercial washers.

I just talked to someone who sells them, and they sound well built and have great warranties, also they fill the tub.:) Made in WI so I read.

what's with singling out washing machines? what the heck?

That's Trump's signature special interest eocnomics - someone from Whirlpool got into his good graces , so he put his thumb on the scales for them...at consumer's expense.

Consumers Likely Losers As Trump Tariff Takes Another Stab at Helping Whirlpool Fend Off Samsung, LG
Is a president allowed to just pick and choose who he wants to put tariffs on? Seriously?

Not sure, Obama slapped tires out of China with higher tariffs in 2009, so I would think it is okay.

Were you questioning Obama when he chose to raise tariffs?

Last edited:
Yea, in a Global Market, trade wars are a good idea. Stop products coming in and we won't have to sell to those nasty foreigners.

yeah those foreigners love our good and let them rot on the docks. You realize as republicans we are for free trade....but when our goods arent' allowed to a foreign market, why should we allow theirs to ours?
Yes compound the Marxism. It’s the GOP way!

This is welcome news for thousands of Whirlpool workers in Ohio whose jobs have been threatened by a surge of cheap washers!

AMERICA FIRST: Trump Imposes 30% Tariff on Imported Solar Products and Washing Machines - Breitbart

Good for Americans too as they get to pay 30% more so Whirlpool don't have to make their operations more efficient to cope with capitalism.

Trump was elected on a platform to protect Americans from unfair foreign trade practices. That is a lot better than Crooked Hillary's platform to continue with the stupid Obama's policy of giving away the store to every foreign country in the world.

So now you will pay more for a washing machine. This is good news?

No they are not imported. I read GE is made in the US as well. I am against tariffs.
The reason imports sell is because they are cheaper. If you increase tariffs, you will pay more for washing machines.

Econ 101.

Obama learned the hard way with rubber tires, and now Trump will learn the hard way with washing machines and solar panels.

So now you will pay more for a washing machine. This is good news?

No they are not imported. I read GE is made in the US as well. I am against tariffs.
The reason imports sell is because they are cheaper. If you increase tariffs, you will pay more for washing machines.

Econ 101.

Obama learned the hard way with rubber tires, and now Trump will learn the hard way with washing machines and solar panels.

You are right, I imagine they will raise the price of all machines accordingly, if imported or not. Everything is going to go up.

Obama was a big solar energy guy so why didn't he propose a tariff on foreign solar products? It might have saved the taxpayer dollars that Hussein poured into Solindra just before it went under. Maybe he was too stupid or too timid or a little of both. Lefties should appreciate the fact that President Trump is trying to assist domestic companies that produce alternate energy products but alas anger and hatred has turned their minds upside down and everything good turns out to be bad.

Obama was a big solar energy guy so why didn't he propose a tariff on foreign solar products? It might have saved the taxpayer dollars that Hussein poured into Solindra just before it went under. Maybe he was too stupid or too timid or a little of both. Lefties should appreciate the fact that President Trump is trying to assist domestic companies that produce alternate energy products but alas anger and hatred has turned their minds upside down and everything good turns out to be bad.

Everything is going solar and wind, if T likes it or not.

Forum List

Back