Amazon to start showing commercials on Prime

Not That Guy

Dec 21, 2023
Nazi York

Amazon will begin displaying advertisements in movies and TV shows on its Prime Video streaming service next month, the company said in an email to subscribers this week viewed by ABC News.

Customers will be offered an ad-free alternative for an additional $2.99 per month, the company added.

"This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time," the company said. "We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers."

When paid cable TV came out, it had no commercials. Now its inundated so much with commercials streaming services took off. But now with price creep, comes the commercials.

I see this as nothing more than a money grab from Amazon. I personally dont use the prime stuff, but this just follows a never ending trend. The big selling point to streaming services is that there are no commercials.. ha!

As these companies post record profits quarter over quarter, year over year.. wonder how many are taking notice? Based on the other thread about Amazon's "cheap prices" maybe not as many as should.

Meanwhile these companies openly support anti-american values, while charging you more for less. The American way lol

When paid cable TV came out, it had no commercials. Now its inundated so much with commercials streaming services took off. But now with price creep, comes the commercials.

I see this as nothing more than a money grab from Amazon. I personally dont use the prime stuff, but this just follows a never ending trend. The big selling point to streaming services is that there are no commercials.. ha!

As these companies post record profits quarter over quarter, year over year.. wonder how many are taking notice? Based on the other thread about Amazon's "cheap prices" maybe not as many as should.

Meanwhile these companies openly support anti-american values, while charging you more for less. The American way lol
pay 3.00 dollars more a month and you wont see any....

Yep. Same shit. Different century. Fuck ads.

Prime has price creep pretty much continuously.

Base price up, sometimes charge for expedited shipping, charge for return shipping.

Typical corporate greed model.

Meh, just cancel the garbage until the new season of The Boys comes out, then cancel it for another year when you get done watching.

Meh, just cancel the garbage until the new season of The Boys comes out, then cancel it for another year when you get done watching.
Why would I pay for something that I can:

A: Get for free
B: Have in my possession for ever

Thats the other thing, its almost like we are being trained. Ownership no longer means you own something. You merely lease it. I watch Luois Rossman on Yourtube who brought up the point that often your pay money to buy a video on these streaming services, just to have the video disappear from YOUR library at some point in the future. If you bought it, you own it, for them to take it back is stealing.

Perfect timing, the end of Thursday night football, time to dump Amazon, most of their programming sucks anyway and most of their old movies have a rental fee.

Forum List

Back