The Biden economy's so hot even the tech giants are shedding staff.

Social scientists have been telling us for decades that these younger generations will on average work for 5-7 companies by the time they retire. If the decision to move is made by someone else, it's inconvenient, but it is the natural order of things now.

I read an article not long ago, think I even made a thread about it, but those that stay with a company for 10 years will make less on average than those that changed jobs a few times in that same period.

The job market is very, very favorable right now. You might not find the job of your dreams, or even be able to duplicate the posh situation you just lost; deal with it.

Indeed. My daughter (28) was let go in December as she was doing international sales and her company choose to focus only on the US market. She was given the choice of going back to her previous position at a lower pay rate or 3 months severance. She took the latter. Did not apply for any jobs till Jan and now has 3 to choose from and will be working by the end of the month. The pay is just a tad under what she was getting and it is not international, but the company has that so she can move to it once she proves herself.

Just in: U.S. Housing Starts Fall in December as Single-Family Projects Decline | Dow Jones
Philadelphia District Factory Activity Kept Sliding at Start of Year - Philadelphia Fed

Does not seem like the sky is falling data you all are praying for...

1705590705693.png

Forum List

Back