The Biden economy's so hot even the tech giants are shedding staff.

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Google, Amazon, Instagram, Disney, NBC, etc.

A lot of people I know have been layed off this month as well.

Bidenomics at work.

Bidenomics at work.

Repositioning and realigning in the fast changing world of AI. But hiring is still proceeding at a pretty good clip.

But you go right ahead with BIDEN BAD!!!
Nothing else is sticking right now so you may as well. Things do not look good for Republicans this fall. :)

Repositioning and realigning in the fast changing world of AI. But hiring is still proceeding at a pretty good clip.

Nothing else is sticking right now so you may as well. Things do not look good for Republicans this fall. :)
Tech in, tech out.

We’ll just adjust the made up numbers later by -500,000!

Tech in, tech out.
Essentially. What's happening right now is a realignment and consolidation. Mostly driven by AI.
Most of the excess madhouse hiring that was done during the pandemic was shed in the second half of last year.

One of the big reasons I'm glad I didn't jump ship during the pandemic.

Essentially. What's happening right now is a realignment and consolidation. Mostly driven by AI.
Most of the excess madhouse hiring that was done during the pandemic was shed in the second half of last year.

Less and less paying jobs under Joe.

Disney doesn't belong in the same category as other mega companies. Disney's wounds are self inflicted. They keep making garbage that no one wants to see.

In all areas the AI launch is really taking off.

Bidenomics at work.

They’ll find work. There are 10,000,000 available jobs.

What a dufus. Your evidence is from a previous post on this board. Be original. Zerohedge is a conservative blog. They do no studies but make up shit.

Next you’ll whine that….Bill Belechick got fired too. Oh my gosh, bidenomics isn’t working.

The unemployment rate was over 6% under Trump, it’s 3.7% under Biden. Get real. Trump a nomics sucked. We had another recession….

There are a number of things going on in Big Tech companies.

First, as one who worked for many companies in my long and spotted career, all organizations can lose 10% of their headcount without compromising their accomplishing the needed work. (For Government agencies, it is 25%).

Technology is rapidly making workers more productive, thus reducing the need for people.

The Pandemic showed a lot of companies that hordes of people "working from home" were doing next-to-nothing. Hence, who needs them?

Elon Musk's 75% reduction gambit opened a lot of eyes. Do any users notice any difference at Twitter/X? I think not.

Social scientists have been telling us for decades that these younger generations will on average work for 5-7 companies by the time they retire. If the decision to move is made by someone else, it's inconvenient, but it is the natural order of things now.

The job market is very, very favorable right now. You might not find the job of your dreams, or even be able to duplicate the posh situation you just lost; deal with it.

Forum List

Back