Amazon labor in New York votes to UNIONIZE and will become a Uinion

Neither have you numb nuts.
Ah, so you even admit to offering nothing worthy of a response.. Meanwhile, I supplied the video of the nice congresswoman making mincemeat of that "healthcare insurance" stooge. Anything else you need, just holler..

From sold out Blue Cross / Blue Shield seven years ago:
The phenomenon of extreme price variation in healthcare can have obvious financial consequences for individuals and employers. And from a macroeconomic perspective, it can have serious implications for the sustainability of a U.S. healthcare system that is exceeding its economic capacity. National health spending will increase over the next decade, propelled, in part, by the gradual rebound of the economy and the growing numbers of insured under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).1 Medicare’s actuaries expect that through 2023, healthcare costs will grow by an average rate of 5.7 percent each year.2 In addition, the number of uninsured is expected to decline by nearly half from 45 million in 2012 to 23 million in 2023, as a result of the coverage expansions associated with the ACA.3 While coverage expansion is needed, this may further increase healthcare utilization and spending across the U.S.

In order to address healthcare costs and access, it is important that consumers, employers and industry leaders have information on these price variations and are provided the tools to become well informed healthcare shoppers.
"Buyer beware!"
"Don't blame us!"
"Better shop around!"

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Amazon.com Inc. workers at a New York warehouse voted to join an upstart labor union, an historic victory that gives organized labor its first foothold in the company’s U.S. operations and could embolden workers at other employers.

The election at Amazon’s JFK8 fulfillment center in Staten Island wasn’t close, with the Amazon Labor Union winning 2,654 yes votes versus 2,131 no votes for the company. After signing the election results, ALU founder Christian Smalls clapped, pointed his fingers to the sky and raised a fist in triumph.

Great to see Amazon workers getting their due for once. If you remember Alabama tried to unionize in Amazon last year but the vote failed. Thoughts?!
Another win for the good guys.

That being said, Amazon's business model is to essentially treat employees like inventory.

So you have a union shop in one place. Great. What happens when 7 out of 10 leave? Hopefully the union can get some concessions (good luck) from Amazon to stem the tide of turnover. If you get it down to 5 out of 10--50 percent--you still have a very long way to go. If you want to hire new people and tell them that they now have to pay union dues for a job they don't really intend to keep...again...good luck.

On the other hand (and I smile as I write this) this could be a good experiment for Amazon to see how they could make some concessions, stop the meat grinder and get some stability. Doubtful.

They are quite happy with the meat grinder, quite happy with their "cog in a machine" approach to employees. I read once where some of the drivers were fired by an app.... It measured the metrics of the driver and simply told him to turn in his scanner.

Another win for the good guys.

That being said, Amazon's business model is to essentially treat employees like inventory.

So you have a union shop in one place. Great. What happens when 7 out of 10 leave? Hopefully the union can get some concessions (good luck) from Amazon to stem the tide of turnover. If you get it down to 5 out of 10--50 percent--you still have a very long way to go. If you want to hire new people and tell them that they now have to pay union dues for a job they don't really intend to keep...again...good luck.

On the other hand (and I smile as I write this) this could be a good experiment for Amazon to see how they could make some concessions, stop the meat grinder and get some stability. Doubtful.

They are quite happy with the meat grinder, quite happy with their "cog in a machine" approach to employees. I read once where some of the drivers were fired by an app.... It measured the metrics of the driver and simply told him to turn in his scanner.
What’s the incentive for Amazon to work to keep employees that require zero skill? Put shit in box, tape box, stick label to box, put box in bin. Rinse repeat. For that you’re paid 18 dollars an hour.

Drive to address, pick up box from back of van, put box on doorstep. Rinse repeat for next address. Again 18-20 an hour.

I get that the job is boring, mindless but you are getting compensated way more skill set should fetch.

Forum List

Back