Amazon Cut Its Staff by Almost 100,000 in the June Quarter

I have unfortunately had a number of dealings with Amazon lately and their service has gone down hill. They recently were unable to say if a loveseat was shipped or where it is. It is now one week since it was due to be delivered.

I suspect it's from company bloat during the covid but I think we are in for a rough second half of 2022.

Sort of though bloat is a bit dramatic. They staffed up during COVID because demand was high and have downsized now that things are back to normal. The report I read was that most of the jobs lost were in distribution centers and its delivery network. I certainly don't see them zipping around my hood on Sundays like I did when COVID was raging. There was one day I went out and saw 3 different Amazon trucks in my hood on a Sunday at the same time in different places. Made no sense to me why they didn't just have one truck do all three deliveries the way UPS would but whatevers. I don't buy their stock so doesn't matter to me really.

Technology is changing and an innovating company like Amazon is constantly looking for and implementing new ways to increase productivity and compete with others in its space.

Fortunately for AMZN, they don't have union contracts, so they are able to change procedures as they see fit, and aren't forced to keep idle people on the job because of union seniority lists or union work rules.

I've been a Prime member for years and usually have a couple of Amazon packages delivered every week to either myself or one of my kids or grandkids.
Package delivery has always been like clockwork, on the day and time.
But in the last few weeks, I've had packages arriving several days late with no explanation from Amazon as to why? Just a notice the delivery date has changed.

I have unfortunately had a number of dealings with Amazon lately and their service has gone down hill. They recently were unable to say if a loveseat was shipped or where it is. It is now one week since it was due to be delivered.

I have a house that is off the road. USPS, UPS etc have all claimed they couldn't find it. Amazon has found it every time for 2 1/2 years now. That's at least a hundred deliveries. I'm not doubting your story, shit happens. But I haven't seen any erosion in deliveries

I've been a Prime member for years and usually have a couple of Amazon packages delivered every week to either myself or one of my kids or grandkids.
Package delivery has always been like clockwork, on the day and time.
But in the last few weeks, I've had packages arriving several days late with no explanation from Amazon as to why? Just a notice the delivery date has changed.

Are these shipments from Amazon proper or shipments by their "partners" placed through Amazon? May be a factor.

Are these shipments from Amazon proper or shipments by their "partners" placed through Amazon? May be a factor.
I really don't know the answer to your question.
I've placed over 500+ Amazon orders using Prime over the years and have only experienced a couple of delivery hiccups.
Ordered a book for one of young nephews that was scheduled for delivery this past Saturday, and now I get a message he'll maybe get it tomorrow?
This is like the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks the promised delivery day didn't happen.

Forum List

Back