Alyssa Milano says she could 'potentially run' for House in 2024

I don't think Repubs should question anyone's fitness for office. Repubs love their celebrities. After all they elected Sonny Bono, Fred Grandy, Gopher from the Love Boat, and of course the most inept politician of all time, Donald Trump.
When I saw you posted I knew it would be an off topic whinefest about Trump. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :itsok:
The thread is about celebrity politicians. My post was spot on.
Brooke is a local celebrity. She is 10 times prettier than Milano and 2 million times more intelligent. I may run for office as well. Should i start as senator?

and of course the most inept politician of all time, Donald Trump.
There is no doubt in my mind that Trump was an awful, inept politician.

He tried to bring business principles to the world of politics. Which, in some areas, yielded terrific temporary results, and, in others, redoubled entrenched resistance to change.

What a neophyte.

Most folks that love Trump, if they were honest with themselves, would concede, that he needed more professional help in that department. Effective American politicking is built on compromise, and both Biden and Obama have been as big of disasters as Trump has been.

OTH? You are probably damn lucky he did not understand D.C. better than he did.
He was one of the most successful people in America at tapping into populist rage. . . speaking for the common man, and that does not seem to be going away. Now, you can debate the merits of what he did in regards to those promises, but there is no denying, he connected with that anger better than most have.

If you deny that? You are being arrogant.

I don't think Repubs should question anyone's fitness for office. Repubs love their celebrities. After all they elected Sonny Bono, Fred Grandy, Gopher from the Love Boat, and of course the most inept politician of all time, Donald Trump.

I don't think Repubs should question anyone's fitness for office.

no one shuld question Dems fitness for office either...

the Squad, Sheila Jackson, Feinstein, Guam may tip over Johnson, etc, etc etc.

(You don't need to be a celebrity to act stupid)

I agree.

I am not a fan of celebrities running for office. However, Milano is in the same vain as Repubs that have run for office. That is my point.

You'll vote for her if she runs.
I'm jelly.

I'd love to live in Cali to watch THAT campaign given her history. . .

:auiqs.jpg:

That's why Progs questioned our last president's fitness 24 hours a day for 5 years straight (and counting). :uhh:

Repubs love their celebrities. After all they elected Sonny Bono, Fred Grandy, Gopher from the Love Boat, and of course the most inept politician of all time, Donald Trump.
And Trump proved the most successful and popular president of all time and I'm not aware of any harm done by any of the others. Repubs also elected Schwarzenegger and Reagan, two more outstanding people.

Meantime, look at some of the celebrities that Progs have chosen:
  • Al Franken
  • Jerry Springer
  • Clay Aiken
  • Melissa Gilbert
  • Nancy Kulp (Beverly Hillbillies)
  • Will Rogers
  • George Takai
Other than Al Franken and Jerry Springer who was mayor before he was a celebrity, the others on your list IIRC were never elected to office. This all goes to a point I have made before. Liberals put up with their celebrities, but generally do not elect them with a few exceptions. Republicans tend to elect them. From Ronald Reagan to Sony Bono to Fred Thompson to the Arnold, Repubs have a history with their celebrities.

Last edited:
Tom McClintock is one of the few rational voices in Congress. I campaigned for McClintock when he ran during the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall, but unfortunately a plurality of voters voted for a body-building action film star named Arnold Schwarzenegger (McClintock came in third place with over a million votes). McClintock, after finishing his term as state senator, has been elected to Congress since the 2008 election. Hopefully voters will continue to support him.

Tom McClintock is one of the few rational voices in Congress. I campaigned for McClintock when he ran during the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall, but unfortunately a plurality of voters voted for a body-building action film star named Arnold Schwarzenegger (McClintock came in third place with over a million votes). McClintock, after finishing his term as state senator, has been elected to Congress since the 2008 election. Hopefully voters will continue to support him.

It's a fairly Republican district. I can't see him losing to her.

Because one circus clown in AOC isn't enough.....

Actor-turned-activist Alyssa Milano may seek to transition from Hollywood to the House, saying she’s “considering” a congressional run in 2024.

“I’m looking at California’s 4th District to potentially run against [Rep. Tom] McClintock (R),” Milano told ITK on Tuesday.

“I split my time between Truckee, Calif., and Bell Canyon, Calif., and the Republicans have basically had a strong arm there in the 4th District,” the former “Insatiable” star said.

To be fair, she is a Dim. :thup:
well if she is a dem that tells me she IS involved in child sex pedophile. we are not living in the days of JFK anymore.

You could have stopped with, "I don't think", and been completely correct.

That's why Progs questioned our last president's fitness 24 hours a day for 5 years straight (and counting). :uhh:

Repubs love their celebrities. After all they elected Sonny Bono, Fred Grandy, Gopher from the Love Boat, and of course the most inept politician of all time, Donald Trump.
And Trump proved the most successful and popular president of all time and I'm not aware of any harm done by any of the others. Repubs also elected Schwarzenegger and Reagan, two more outstanding people.

• Al Franken
  • Jerry Springer
  • Clay Aiken
  • Melissa Gilbert
  • Will Rogers
  • George Takai
Other than Al Franken and Jerry Springer who was mayor before he was a celebrity, the others on your list IIRC were never elected to office. This all goes to a point I have made before. Liberals put up with their celebrities, but generally do not elect them with a few exceptions. Republicans tend to elect them. From Ronald Reagan to Sony Bono to Fred Thompson to the Arnold, Repubs have a history with their celebrities.

Wrong Slaw. Aiken ran for the House. Gilbert ran for the House. Kulp ran for the House. Will Rogers was Mayor of Beverly Hills. Takai ran for City Counsel and State Assembly.

That just goes to prove that many Progs run, but few are electable. Progs want professional, career politicians. Repubs like ordinary citizens to come, serve and go back to private life AS THE FOUNDERS WISHED AND EXPECTED.

It would actually be interesting to see. I would like to see how she would react to the world outside the Hollywood bubble where the vast majority all share the same views on everything. Could she handle actually being challenged and having to deal with people who don’t share her views? I don’t know the answer but it might be an entertaining show.

Take a look at any Democrat politician you care to name - and a goodly number of Republicans, sadly - and tell me you think they're any less in the bubble or any more in contact with real people. Does Alexandria Occasional Cortex EVER deal with being challenged or disagreed with?

• Al Franken
  • Jerry Springer
  • Clay Aiken
  • Melissa Gilbert
  • Will Rogers
  • George Takai
Most celebrities are shills for Progs. Known people have an advantage in politics at times.

• Al Franken
  • Jerry Springer
  • Clay Aiken
  • Melissa Gilbert
  • Will Rogers
  • George Takai

Wrong Slaw. Aiken ran for the House. Gilbert ran for the House. Kulp ran for the House. Will Rogers was Mayor of Beverly Hills. Takai ran for City Counsel and State Assembly.

That just goes to prove that many Progs run, but few are electable. Progs want professional, career politicians. Repubs like ordinary citizens to come, serve and go back to private life AS THE FOUNDERS WISHED AND EXPECTED.
I guess you missed the first sentence of my post where I said were never elected to office. Other than for Will Rodgers who was Mayor, I was correct.

Wow..I guess you are the wittiest person in your first grade class.

Wow, and you're not even that witty.

Actor-turned-activist Alyssa Milano may seek to transition from Hollywood to the House, saying she’s “considering” a congressional run in 2024.

“I’m looking at California’s 4th District to potentially run against [Rep. Tom] McClintock (R),” Milano told ITK on Tuesday.

“I split my time between Truckee, Calif., and Bell Canyon, Calif., and the Republicans have basically had a strong arm there in the 4th District,” the former “Insatiable” star said.

Or MTG. Or Matt Gaetz, or Boebert. Or Jim Jordan!!!
MAGA

Seriously?

you want to make it partisan?

In addition to AOC, throw in the rest of the Squad, 'Guam is going to tip over' Johnson, Feinstein, Maxine Waters, etc, etc, etc.

Totally agree, but the OP made it partisan. Congress is full of nutters from both ranges. SERIOUSLY!!!!
MAGA

Wow, and you're not even that witty.

Lady, with that stale old egg you just laid you shouldn't be judging anyone's sense of humor.

All her clue-fuck followers will vote for her BECAUSE she is a Hollywood persona and for no other reason, so expect another clown show. She has proven herself less informed than the average high school dropout.
But not as ignorant as Trump and the GOP base....

• Al Franken
  • Jerry Springer
  • Clay Aiken
  • Melissa Gilbert
  • Will Rogers
  • George Takai

I guess you missed the first sentence of my post where I said were never elected to office. Other than for Will Rodgers who was Mayor, I was correct.

I guess you missed my part where I listed celebrities that PROGRESSIVES HAVE CHOSEN. I never said a word about their success in getting elected, making your entire point moot and irrelevant.

Forum List

Back