Alternate Facts and normal people and Trump

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Normal people "are simultaneously flummoxed that Trump’s administration is willing to destroy their credibility by presenting obvious falsehoods while also wondering why many still support him. Why would so many people sign up for 'alternative facts'"

Evangelical religious history in America can explain how this 'alternate factual' knowledge can still be powerful today.

Many Americans, mostly on the far right but some on the left as well, have a long history in buying into "alternative knowledge."

Trump is simply exploiting the credulous and alienating a growing majority of voters. This will get him in the end.
---
Trump and Palin exist in an alternative universe of knowledge denial
Welcome to the know-nothing GOP reality show, where ignorance equals votes from the all-important Christian evangelicals and fundamentalists

alt_fact.jpg

Normal people "are simultaneously flummoxed that Trump’s administration is willing to destroy their credibility by presenting obvious falsehoods while also wondering why many still support him. Why would so many people sign up for 'alternative facts'"

Evangelical religious history in America can explain how this 'alternate factual' knowledge can still be powerful today.

Many Americans, mostly on the far right but some on the left as well, have a long history in buying into "alternative knowledge."

Trump is simply exploiting the credulous and alienating a growing majority of voters. This will get him in the end.
---
Welcome to the know-nothing GOP reality show, where ignorance equals votes from the all-important Christian evangelicals and fundamentalists

So much for the Independent in the UK. Now is there hope the U.S. media will start honoring its Constitutional responsibility?

I'll say one thing about Trump, he needs to learn how to lie better like Obama did.

The mass media has lost crediblity among many Americans. These particular Americans feel ignored, alienated and afraid. They have seen their manufacturing jobs go away through outsourcing, off shoring and automation. These are forces beyond their control. Naturally looking for a scapegoat, their fears and suspicions have landed squarely upon mass media. Consequently, they are eager to heap scorn, susion and ridicule on the media boogeyman.

Right wing pundits have bolstered their fear of the media by claiming the media does not supply them with truth, but inculcation. These pundits claim that the propaganda they deal with is, indeed, the truth the public does not receive from mass media. And the cycle is repeatedly fed.

Donald Trump is a man of massive yet fragile ego. Before even one vote was cast, he claimed election fraud. Even as he was sworn in, he claims election fraud on a massive scale. Donald Trump does not accept criticism lightly. His ego will not harbor any of that. He uses the bully pulpit of the Presidency to swing at every pitch, from celebrities to private individuals, Donald will punch down, never up to preserve the delusion that he has a total popular mandate to act with impunity.

Combine the fearful, suspicious members of the general public with a leader who feeds their fears and we get a casual relationship with the truth. Alternative facts is yet another way to lie in order to have your own outlook reenforced rather than challenged, sustained rather than widened and confirmed rather than questioned.

Last edited:
They liberals, help me out here. I need an alternative fact for reheated tuna noodle casserole tasting great. Speed is important.

The mass media has lost credible Litzy among many A,Erica she. These particular A,ericans feel ignored, alienated and afraid. They have seen their manufacturing jobs go away through outsourcing, off shoring and automation. These are forces beyond their control. Naturally looking for a scapegoat, their fears and suspicions have landed squarely upon mass media. Consequently, they are eager to heap scorn, susion and ridicule on the media boogeyman.

Right wing pundits have bolstered their fear of the media by claiming the media does not supply them with truth, but inculcation. These pundits claim that the propaganda they deal with is, indeed, the truth the public does not receive from mass media. And the cycle is repeatedly fed.

Donald Trump is a man of massive yet fragile ego. Before even one vote was cast, he claimed election fraud. Even as he was sworn in, he claims election fraud on a massive scale. Donald Trump does not accept criticism lightly. His ego will not harbor any of that. He uses the bully pulpit of the Presidency to swing at every pitch, from celebrities to private individuals, Donald will punch down, never up to preserve the delusion that he has a total popular mandate to act with impunity.

Combine the fearful, suspicious members of the general public with a leader who feeds their fears and we get a casual relationship with the truth. Alternative facts is yet another way to lie in order to have your own outlook reenforced rather than challenged, sustained rather than widened and confirmed rather than questioned.

So you find media to be fair and balanced in their reporting. Carefully using alleged, unconfirmed and neutral headlines? I have not listened to a single media report on Trump since the election that was even close.

---

My gawd you people are lunatics. Trump is meeting with industry leaders, union leaders, talking with world leaders, and getting shit done. He's already done more for this country than Obama did in his last year. Meanwhile, you lunatics are hung up on your MSM spewed garbage that everything is a disaster.

So, Christians are ignorant, is that what you're saying, Jake?
The article is limited generally to evangelical Christians, who Randall believes have an Alternative Fact world.

So is that who you are asking about?

If yes, then evangelicals and fundamentalists gobble up alternative facts rather than face the secular world in which we live. Mainstream Christians, imo, do much better.

Willow, that sheriff is long dead and that world in your meme is long gone.

So, yes, you posted an alternative fact meme.

The mass media has lost credible Litzy among many A,Erica she. These particular A,ericans feel ignored, alienated and afraid. They have seen their manufacturing jobs go away through outsourcing, off shoring and automation. These are forces beyond their control. Naturally looking for a scapegoat, their fears and suspicions have landed squarely upon mass media. Consequently, they are eager to heap scorn, susion and ridicule on the media boogeyman.

So you find media to be fair and balanced in their reporting. Carefully using alleged, unconfirmed and neutral headlines? I have not listened to a single media report on Trump since the election that was even close.

It's the same "the masses are stupid" line progressives are always using, but toned down a notch.

Nosmo is trying so so hard to understand what the hell happened and why, but still falls into the "fucking rubes" method of explaining it.

---

My gawd you people are lunatics. Trump is meeting with industry leaders, union leaders, talking with world leaders, and getting shit done. He's already done more for this country than Obama did in his last year. Meanwhile, you lunatics are hung up on your MSM spewed garbage that everything is a disaster.

And you believe that Trump has done more in one week than Obama did in a year.

That you believe TrumpleThinSkin has done anything for anyone other than himself and his high priced cabinet is laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That you believe TrumpleThinSkin has done anything for anyone other than himself and his high priced cabinet is laughable.

Of course you can't prove that in any way, so your just upset. Tissue?

Of course you can't prove that in any way, so your just upset. Tissue?
The point well made is that you cannot defend your Alternate Facts, saveliberty, not one of them. The Randall article has you guys spitted on logic.

It's the same "the masses are stupid" line progressives are always using, but toned down a notch.

Nosmo is trying so so hard to understand what the hell happened and why, but still falls into the "fucking rubes" method of explaining it.
My problem is I have faith in mass media to present a panoply of news, fact checked and reported faithfully. I have absolutely NO faith in 'alternative media' that pushes an agenda without the bother of journalistic due process. Internet rumor mongering, obfuscation and coercion is no way to present news.

Consequently I cannot fathom the zeal with which some folks flock to it! Affirmation? Partisanship? I just don't know.

I've seen Donald Trump act with petulance and revenge and I believe that is beneath the dignity of the office. It suits professional wrestlers well, but I want a statesman, not a carnival barker.

Forum List

Back