alt right

Kinzinger has said he'll vote for Joe Biden in 2024 and you think he is a traditional conservative?
You think traditional conservatives can’t be so appalled by Trump that wouldn’t vote for his opponent to keep him away from the Oval Office?

You’d be wrong

You think traditional conservatives can’t be so appalled by Trump that wouldn’t vote for his opponent to keep him away from the Oval Office?

You’d be wrong
I don’t see how traditional conservatives can support what happened on Jan 6 and Trump’s involvement.

The last big scandal like that was Nixon. After it all came out…. was no justifying or rallying around his actions, excusing the abuse of power nor the degree of projection we are seeing here. Nixon was politically toxic, his actions defied law, the limits of presidential power, and the Constitution. There were no apologetics.

The meaning of conservative, in Republican circles has changed to one that:
  • is loyal to Trump…in or out of office
  • embraces conspiracy theories and brings them into mainstream politics and even the legislatures.
  • Believes Trump trumps the Constitution….it has been reimagined through his lense.

If you aren’t loyal to Trump, you are no longer conservative. That is now the main criteria.

It is no stretch to call it a cult, it meets most of the benchmarks of a cult, including the exclusion of any who are seen as disloyal to the leader.

It’s funny, because that is kind of what I see with the Republicans, and it’s a never ending cycle of butt hurt and payback. They were out get Obama from day 1 (payback for disrespecting Bush and then Biden (payback for how they perceived Trump to have been treated). With Biden, they decided first that he committed a crime (but couldn’t decide what) and then they looked to find evidence to fit (not very successfully I might add).

I disagree, and here is why. I agree there was certainly a political angle (of course there was, just like everything regardless of party), but it wasn’t a sham. There was more than enough compelling evidence, videos and sworn testimony to make a case. But…it isn’t a court, it is a political committee.

It could have been an independent bipartisan commission along the lines of the 911 commission. That is what they originally planned until Trump discouraged it and the Republicans obliged.

Given the scale of the violence that day where they came quite close to getting their hands on the VP and others…it was not a waste of money.

But…it isn’t a court, it is a political committee.

It was an investigation, and in investigations, you look for the truth and facts, wherever they may lead you, good or bad. The committee didn’t do that. They set out with a goal in mind, to find trump guilty and they were going to make sure they got that result. This is why they didn’t hear from ANY witness in trumps defense, they deleted evidence and withheld camera footage. They the you exactly what you wanted to see.

They gave you “their” version of events, painted it they way “they” wanted you to see it.

It could have been an independent bipartisan commission along the lines of the 911 commission. That is what they originally planned until Trump discouraged it and the Republicans obliged.

I love the notion of “bi partisan”. Do you know what bi partisan is in Washington? It’s a committee that’s always set up to one side has more pull than the other. If it’s a 10 member committee, it means 8 dems and 2 repubs. You know, 8 wolves and 2 sheep deciding what’s for dinner.

they came quite close to getting their hands on the VP and others

They didn’t come close to getting to the vp. The secret service are some highly trained people. If they had really thought there was danger to the vp, they would have had him out of there in an instant. And no, in that case, the VP doesn’t have a say in the matter.

There are tunnels under those building with subway cars to allow all of those people to access safety. Hell, they probably have bomb bunkers under there. They were never going to let any of those J6 people close to Congress or the VP

You think security is so bad that they can’t protect the members from a group of angry rioters with bullhorns and flag sticks?

Rampart disagrees with you.

Post in thread 'alt right'
alt right

There’s as much of an alt left as there is an alt right. I know I know, “the left never does anything wrong, we’re pure as the driven snow!” You think that, don’t you? That no evil exists in the left…. You actually subscribe to that idea…
alt-left is a made up term.

Alt-Right...is not. :)

Forum List

Back