Alright, I Don't Understand, What Is It That Conservatives Want?

I suggest you read nearly every student handbook across this nation, both K-12 and University.

You must learn to educate yourself sir - you espouse views based upon your own version of reality combined with an unwillingness to corroborate those views with actual fact...

There are those judgements again. Very constructive, Sir.

I'm sorry, I already graduated from K-12 and read the student handbooks that I received when I was there. Although I read voraciously, I have no intention of traveling across country to read every student handbook. But perhaps you could help me. In what chapters does it say: "Don't criticize liberalism or you'll be accused of hate speech. Remember, the Liberals are right!"

Do you espouse your views based upon someone else's version of reality? What opinions do you hold which are based on fact? Define fact.

Look up anti-harassment laws and legislation that have found their way into state law and the aforementioned student handbooks. Or the abuses of zero tolerance, etc.

Such laws are state controlled thought police disguised as "protecting us from ourselves".

You stated you already graduated from K-12.

What then of secondary educational experience?

I suggest you read nearly every student handbook across this nation, both K-12 and University.

You must learn to educate yourself sir - you espouse views based upon your own version of reality combined with an unwillingness to corroborate those views with actual fact...

I'm sorry, I already graduated from K-12 and read the student handbooks that I received when I was there. Although I read voraciously, I have no intention of traveling across country to read every student handbook. But perhaps you could help me. In what chapters does it say: "Don't criticize liberalism or you'll be accused of hate speech. Remember, the Liberals are right!"

Do you espouse your views based upon someone else's version of reality? What opinions do you hold which are based on fact? Define fact.

Look up anti-harassment laws and legislation that have found their way into state law and the aforementioned student handbooks. Or the abuses of zero tolerance, etc.

Such laws are state controlled thought police disguised as "protecting us from ourselves".

A fish doesn't always notice the water. No offense to the person in question. :)

And see the bottom of my last post on this thread on this page: Hate crime laws. (just in case people don't get through my overly long post).

Last edited:
Libertarians are people who used to be conservatives or liberals, who now suspect they'll never have anyone they really want to vote for in their lifetimes.

I'd disagree with this. I've never been a liberal or a conservative, and I think you either believe in liberty or you think that some facet of liberty should be regulated. Though I may agree with the last part.

That isn't political correctness. Hate speech and PC are difference. They might seem similar, but they differ in, I would say, level of degrees. Hate speech is used to harm, PC is used to be polite.

2003, Colorado Mountain College, Outdoor Recreation Leadership (aka: How to be a climbing guide 101)
2005, CU Boulder, Double Major: English and Anthropology.

What about you, Professor?

Speech is speech and hateful or polite, it is within anyone's rights to exercise free speech.

Perhaps you should learn to read between the lines and interpret what you see on the news. Are you unaware that colleges across the nation have "free speech zones", special areas where you are allowed to openly speak your mind, rather than havin your speech regulated by "hate speech" restrictions? I promise you, none of those rules concerning hate speech are aimed at protecting CONSERVATIVE groups from being offended, and I think you're smart enough to realize it.

The FCC ... but they are definitely not liberals.

Do they enforce Political correctness or do they enforce Obscenity laws?

I'm liberal and I don't like political correctness. I understand why people would want it, I just don't like it. I'm vulgar and vulgarity is funny to me. Seems like more of a matter of style.

Hate speech actually harms someone. Big difference.

Is this an example of hate speech? Please explain why or why not.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtIqeV-6mk&feature=related]YouTube - Harlem Preacher says Obama got a White Mama[/ame]

And what of this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617eK2XIaLk&feature=related[/ame]

Or this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13OAbgZvNbQ[/ame]

And lastly (warning - adult language)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPBaOKX7tJQ[/ame]

Last edited:
The FCC ... but they are definitely not liberals.

Do they enforce Political correctness or do they enforce Obscenity laws?

I'm liberal and I don't like political correctness. I understand why people would want it, I just don't like it. I'm vulgar and vulgarity is funny to me. Seems like more of a matter of style.

Hate speech actually harms someone. Big difference.

Hurting someone's feelings doesn't count as "harm"

Perhaps you should learn to read between the lines and interpret what you see on the news. Are you unaware that colleges across the nation have "free speech zones", special areas where you are allowed to openly speak your mind, rather than havin your speech regulated by "hate speech" restrictions? I promise you, none of those rules concerning hate speech are aimed at protecting CONSERVATIVE groups from being offended, and I think you're smart enough to realize it.

I went to college and saw "FAG" spray painted on the walls of the one of the university buildings. People were expelled for calling the black people '******'. A death threat was emailed to an openly lesbian professor. And that was only my first semester at Colorado University at Boulder!

That's why we have laws against hate speech. So people can attend school without fear of persecution, even if it is just social.

And CU was a mostly, surprisingly, conservative school. No, its no Oral Roberts, but it isn't UC Berkeley either. Most of the students came from money and had inherited, as many of us do, their parents' political persectives. I didn't see anyone calling out conservative slanders. Is that hate speech to call someone a racist? What if they are a racist? Should we PC about it? Prejudicially Oriented? Should we call people fascists? Isn't it just an adjective for a proponent of a particular political philosophy?

What's the difference between those words and ****** or fag? Did anyone persecute fascists or racists? Were they lynched or beaten to death? Were they enslaved for 400 years? Is there a different power in the words ****** or fag than there is in racist or fascist? What about red-neck? Bible-thumper? Hill-billy? Ignoramus? Christ-lover?

YouTube - Harlem Preacher says Obama got a White Mama

I don't even know what that is...

I don't think you understand what Rev. Wright is saying, at all. Conservatives have publicly assassinated him so many times and I don't even think they understand his message. And, C'mon, this is from Fox News... Do you really think Fox News is objective? This is neither hate speech nor non-PC. White people haven't been persecuted.

Okay, this one is easy. No one was harmed. People were offended. He wasn't being PC. He wasn't... committing hate speech? Is that how one would put it?

YouTube - Harlem Preacher says Obama got a White Mama

I don't even know what that is...

I don't think you understand what Rev. Wright is saying, at all. Conservatives have publicly assassinated him so many times and I don't even think they understand his message. And, C'mon, this is from Fox News... Do you really think Fox News is objective? This is neither hate speech nor non-PC. White people haven't been persecuted.

Okay, this one is easy. No one was harmed. People were offended. He wasn't being PC. He wasn't... committing hate speech? Is that how one would put it?

The only kind of "harm" speech can do is to offend.

You are a lost cause, but I hope you learn the truth someday. You have been thoroughly indoctrinated. You should study the U.S. Constitution and the Federalist papers that were written to explain it.

I used to think that, too. But then I heard about a black student going to a primarily white school and being called ****** constantly by his fellow classmates. He eventually couldn't take it anymore and dropped out. What if your child or you were put into that kind of situation?

After hearing that I thought, "Minorities should be protected from that kind of behavior".

And, anyway, we're getting off topic. Back to conservatism.

How do conservatives feel about their party's role in attempting to thwart civil rights and women's suffrage?

I used to think that, too. But then I heard about a black student going to a primarily white school and being called ****** constantly by his fellow classmates. He eventually couldn't take it anymore and dropped out. What if your child or you were put into that kind of situation?

After hearing that I thought, "Minorities should be protected from that kind of behavior".

How do conservatives feel about their party's role in attempting to thwart civil rights and women's suffrage?

How do you feel about your obvious tendency to deny free speech.

Thwart civil rights? Republicans are the ones who initiated and passed the civil rights bill. You don't know your history very well at all. Where have you gotten all of your idealology from anyway?

Thwart civil rights, and women's suffrage? Hmmm that's a new one on me. I didn't know conservatives were doing that. Could you explain that so I know exactly what your talking about?

Isn't the Constitutional Argument against Roe v Wade, the argument that this should have been left up to each State to decide on abortion's legality?

Right... but the States aren't allowed to give lesser protections to individual rights than the Federal Constitution does, though they are free to give greater rights.... hence the Court jumping in.

Thwart civil rights, and women's suffrage? Hmmm that's a new one on me. I didn't know conservatives were doing that. Could you explain that so I know exactly what your talking about?

Historically the people who did that were, at the time, considered conservative by some definitions. At the very least the definition that conservatives want to maintain either the status quo or tradition. Those who were opposed to the Civil Rights Movement. Were they liberal or conservative or other? :) I'd think conservative, but that doesn't necessarily say much about today's conservatives in itself.

I went to college and saw "FAG" spray painted on the walls of the one of the university buildings. People were expelled for calling the black people '******'. A death threat was emailed to an openly lesbian professor. And that was only my first semester at Colorado University at Boulder!
That's why we have laws against hate speech. So people can attend school without fear of persecution, even if it is just social.

And CU was a mostly, surprisingly, conservative school. No, its no Oral Roberts, but it isn't UC Berkeley either. Most of the students came from money and had inherited, as many of us do, their parents' political persectives. I didn't see anyone calling out conservative slanders. Is that hate speech to call someone a racist? What if they are a racist? Should we PC about it? Prejudicially Oriented? Should we call people fascists? Isn't it just an adjective for a proponent of a particular political philosophy?

What's the difference between those words and ****** or fag? Did anyone persecute fascists or racists? Were they lynched or beaten to death? Were they enslaved for 400 years? Is there a different power in the words ****** or fag than there is in racist or fascist? What about red-neck? Bible-thumper? Hill-billy? Ignoramus? Christ-lover?

UC@B is a quality university. I attended a conference there around 98-99. Beautiful campus! I have known Bob Schulzinger for almost 20 years. Incredibly bright man - though I have not spoken to him for nearly a year, so not sure if he remains at UC@B.

That being said, I strongly suggest you study the implications of the anti-harrassment, zero tolerance, PC/No hate speech dogma you seem so willing to support...

Forum List

Back