Allensworth, only African-American town of its kind, still a symbol for 'what we can become'

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
While I found this article to be very interesting since I had never heard of Allensworth previously, this is what caused me to post the article, primarily because there are far too many people who post here who deny that this is true and refuse to believe that the same sneakiness is still being implemented today

Biscoe talks about the segregation of Jim Crow laws in the South that inspired many of Allensworth's residents to come to California. But the racism they fled from following the Civil War was in the Golden State, too.

"California didn't have Jim Crow laws, per say," Ptomey said. "All California's race laws were based on the Chinese. A lot of anti-Chinese laws. But they had a sneakier way of doing it (to African Americans) ... They would use covenants and deeds and they would say in your deed, when you bought a piece of property, you couldn't sell it to a person of color. ... Just as bad, just as insidious and just as unfair.​

Allensworth, only African-American town of its kind, still a symbol for 'what we can become'

They would use covenants and deeds and they would say in your deed, when you bought a piece of property, you couldn't sell it to a person of color. ... Just as bad, just as insidious and just as unfair.

A classic example of how white racists play the law.

They would use covenants and deeds and they would say in your deed, when you bought a piece of property, you couldn't sell it to a person of color. ... Just as bad, just as insidious and just as unfair.

Yeah its called FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION.

It's called breaking the law.
Its called FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION. Leave us the fuck alone. When I sell my house its EXACTLY why I will NOT have a realtor doing it and I will vet the HELL out of the people interested. No race mixers,no Jews,No nonwhites period. :)

Its called FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION. Leave us the fuck alone. When I sell my house its EXACTLY why I will NOT have a realtor doing it and I will vet the HELL out of the people interested. No race mixers,no Jews,No nonwhites period. :)
Why would you advertise your racism and your intention to violate the law on top of using a mass killer's quotation who specifically targeted the Jewish community as one of your signature lines?

Why would you advertise your racism and your intention to violate the law on top of using a mass killer's quotation who specifically targeted the Jewish community as one of your signature lines?
1. Because its MY HOUSE and I will sell it to who I want to. Of course those denied won't know WHY they were denied lol...The government can kiss my white ass when it comes to my property and my body and my families well being. I like his quote he took action he is a political prisoner of war. Great man

So?

1. Because its MY HOUSE and I will sell it to who I want to. Of course those denied won't know WHY they were denied lol...The government can kiss my white ass when it comes to my property and my body and my families well being. I like his quote he took action he is a political prisoner of war. Great man
You just admitted your reasons for doing so or having done so on a public message board. But more importantly you don't actually believe in the 1st Amendment's protection regarding freedom of association, at least not when it comes to people who aren't white. In fact you've admitted to taking active measures to prevent non-whites from exercising their right to freedom of association ("no race mixers" just as one example). That makes you not only a racist but a hypocrit as well.

You just admitted your reasons for doing so or having done so on a public message board. But more importantly you don't actually believe in the 1st Amendment's protection regarding freedom of association, at least not when it comes to people who aren't white. In fact you've admitted to taking active measures to prevent non-whites from exercising their right to freedom of association ("no race mixers" just as one example). That makes you not only a racist but a hypocrit as well.
Its my property,I can sell it to whoever I want. Plain and simple.

Forum List

Back