Allen West sums up Virginia nicely..

Did I mention whacky? This is a quote from West in that link. Read it carefully:

Let me begin by saying, I deplore any form of supremacist view — white, black, Hispanic, Islamic.

I will be the first to openly state and embrace, a sense of American exceptionalism and supremacy that is rooted in our founding principles and values.

Man, this is one of the most audacious lies of omission I have ever seen:

It would appear that said group who didn’t wish to see the statue of Virginian, General Robert E. Lee, who was a commissioned U.S. Army officer, graduate of West Point, and served the nation in the Mexican War, taken down did apply for a permit to hold a rally.

Allen West's article should be used in classes in Critical Thinking to show how propagandists manipulate their piss drinking rubes.

And, let's keep in mind, the same crowd that is throwing a fit over the vote to remove a statue are right out of the same mold of those who fought to keep a mosque being built near so-called ground zero,

not to mention their many other fights to keep mosques out of their communities.

I think there's something about that in the much referenced 1st amendment too.

Oh, that's right. Now I remember. Lee fought to preserve the South's crimes against humanity.

This is such a little known fact that pseudocons feel obligated to remind all of us of the terrible things done by these Democrats several times a month.

Clearly, honoring these evil Democratic bastards with statues is a very bad idea. We should tear them down and preserve our history by putting museums which explain the atrocities committed by these evil Democrats.

We must preserve our history correctly.

Democrats weren't always the evil spawn of hell that they are today. They weren't always communists. At one time they were the champions of the common man while the republicans were the territory of the rich factory owners who wanted a civil war to protect their profits.

Oh, that's right. Now I remember. Lee fought to preserve the South's crimes against humanity.

This is such a little known fact that pseudocons feel obligated to remind all of us of the terrible things done by these Democrats several times a month.

Clearly, honoring these evil Democratic bastards with statues is a very bad idea. We should tear them down and preserve our history by putting museums which explain the atrocities committed by these evil Democrats.

Democrats weren't always the evil spawn of hell that they are today. They weren't always communists. At one time they were the champions of the common man while the republicans were the territory of the rich factory owners who wanted a civil war to protect their profits.
At last. At last, at last, at last.

A pseudocon finally admits those old time racist Democrats we hear so much about were right wingers.

Did I mention whacky? This is a quote from West in that link. Read it carefully:

Let me begin by saying, I deplore any form of supremacist view — white, black, Hispanic, Islamic.

I will be the first to openly state and embrace, a sense of American exceptionalism and supremacy that is rooted in our founding principles and values.

Wait...what?

D'oh! Totally stepped in in.

We should preserve our history correctly. Maybe you should follow that advice. 4 slave states remained in the Union. As someone pointed out, if the Civil War was about slavery then why were these 4 states allowed to stay in the Union without being invaded? Robert E Lee hated slavery and he only fought to protect his state from invasion as any loyal citizen would do.

The people who fought for the Confederacy for the most part had no interest in slavery. They fought gallantly and bravely for their country. They should be remembered that way. Unfortunately racists like the KKK have soiled the Confederate flag by using it to justify their hate.

Wait...what?

Start by asking him if he knows what the word 'any' means.

North had not only slaves but slave traders as well. The biggest slave carrying vessels were all owned by Northern wealthy families who delivered their cargo to the south.

Inheriting the Trade: A Northern Family Confronts Its Legacy as the Largest Slave-Trading Dynasty in U.S. History.

A Northern Family Confronts Its Slaveholding Past | History | Smithsonian

quote-history-is-written-by-the-victors-winston-churchill-52-49-43.jpg

A long-awaited report on Brown University’s 18th-century links to slavery should dispel any lingering smugness among Northerners that slavery was essentially a Southern problem.

The report establishes that Brown did indeed benefit in its early years from money generated by the slave trade and by industries dependent on slavery. It did so in an era when slavery permeated the social and economic life of Rhode Island. Slaves accounted for 10 percent of the state’s population in the mid-18th century, when Brown was founded, and Rhode Island served as a northern hub of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, mounting at least 1,000 voyages that carried more than 100,000 Africans into slavery over the course of a century.

The Brown report is the latest revelation that Northern businesses and institutions benefited from slavery. Countless other institutions might be surprised, and ashamed, if they dug deeply into their pasts as Brown has over the past three years.

More:
Opinion | Brown University’s Debt to Slavery

We should preserve our history correctly. Maybe you should follow that advice. 4 slave states remained in the Union. As someone pointed out, if the Civil War was about slavery then why were these 4 states allowed to stay in the Union without being invaded? Robert E Lee hated slavery and he only fought to protect his state from invasion as any loyal citizen would do.

The people who fought for the Confederacy for the most part had no interest in slavery. They fought gallantly and bravely for their country. They should be remembered that way. Unfortunately racists like the KKK have soiled the Confederate flag by using it to justify their hate.

Dead wrong. The highest level of support for secession was among the so-called aristocrat class in the South, most likely to own many slaves, very conservative, very fearful of losing their slaves. The working class was much less in favor of secession.

Contrary to some portrayals of 'history', secession was by no means a slam dunk so to speak as far as Southern public opinion went.

Robert E Lee owned slaves....many of them
The confederacy was 40% slave. It's sole purpose was to ensure the continuance of slavery

Lee knew that very well and chose to fight for the forces of slavery

North had not only slaves but slave traders as well. The biggest slave carrying vessels were all owned by Northern wealthy families who delivered their cargo to the south.

Don't play holier than thou with North vs South. The North held slaves for 200 years as well.

Inheriting the Trade: A Northern Family Confronts Its Legacy as the Largest Slave-Trading Dynasty in U.S. History.

A Northern Family Confronts Its Slaveholding Past | History | Smithsonian
The South Had Slavery, the North Had Sweatshops. So the North Had No Moral Superiority.

The way the carpetbaggers looted the South mercilessly after the Civil War proves that was the North's motivation all along.

The confederacy was 40% slave. It's sole purpose was to ensure the continuance of slavery

Guess what, that was 150 fricken years ago, who the hell cares.

Guess what, that was 150 fricken years ago, who the hell cares.

So why complain if some statues are removed?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back