All the President's Debt

Oh for God's sake.....

EVERY corporation does that.
Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

Please consider enrolling in Business 101

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Perhaps you should consider that course.
Of course Trump's companies are incorporated, Candy! Don't be such an idiot! Anyone who invests in large real estate investments leverages their purchases. It would be unusual if Trump DIDN'T owe money!

A billion dollars?

Please tell us the ticker symbol of his corporations....

I already corrected you on this. Private company means it's not on a public exchange. You do not have to be on a public exchange to be incorporated. I've owned five corporations, none were publicly listed. All were limited liability corporations that protected me from debt.

You just don't know what you're talking about. I explained it all to you, you should read it so you don't keep making yourself look so stupid and uninformed
It's not that Penny is making herself "look" stupid and uninformed, Kaz...she actually IS stupid and uninformed! :)

• Funny
Reactions: kaz
Oh for God's sake.....

Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Of course Trump's companies are incorporated, Candy! Don't be such an idiot! Anyone who invests in large real estate investments leverages their purchases. It would be unusual if Trump DIDN'T owe money!

A billion dollars?

I already corrected you on this. Private company means it's not on a public exchange. You do not have to be on a public exchange to be incorporated. I've owned five corporations, none were publicly listed. All were limited liability corporations that protected me from debt.

You just don't know what you're talking about. I explained it all to you, you should read it so you don't keep making yourself look so stupid and uninformed
It's not that Penny is making herself "look" stupid and uninformed, Kaz...she actually IS stupid and uninformed! :)

Touche

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times

You're a liar. Trump has never filed for bankruptcy.

It's hilarious how you liars keep calling Trump a liar

The blob has filed for bankruptcy 6 times.
Bankruptcy is a strategy of restructuring. Unexpected market conditions result in consequences that can be rectified over time. It is actually part of your typical business model.
When restructuring occurs (chapter 11) it is not designed to add to the wealth of the business owner, but instead designed to protect the employees....but yes, in the end, the business owner is able to lick his/her wounds and recover.
I have yet to call you names. Yes, I did say you were naïve to the topic you are debating...well....because you are. That is not name calling. That is stating fact. I do not hold it against you. Heck, I am naïve to the advantages of Yoga and if someone says it, I do not look at that as name calling. I look at it as stating fact.
But you have called me a liar amongst other names. It doesn't bother me at all. But it speaks volumes about you.

Oh for God's sake.....

A billion dollars?

Naïve and uninformed is a better way to put it.

Oh for God's sake.....

A billion dollars?

I will always give people the benefit of the doubt as to their intelligence, Patriot...but when someone insists on demonstrating a total lack of knowledge about the topic that THEY have started a string about, despite being shown that their premise is completely wrong...then that isn't naive...that's stupid!

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Forbes brought some of the debt into sharp focus in a recent article:

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

Here are the top debts that he owes as described in the article....

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168
The average home owner owes 80% of the value of their home. So if the home is valued at 300K and they buy it at 300K, they likely owe 240K for the home. Are they in debt? Yes, they owe 240K so they are in debt for 240K....but they have 300K in assets meaning they are above water for 60K. So they are not actually in debt. They are leveraging. That is how it works.
Furthermore, thanks to the laws passed by congress....both democrats and republicans.....one can write off the interest on the debt....
Finally, they may owe 240K, have assets of 300K, but as they pay the debt off, their value to loan decreases and they are living free of rent.
Sadly, those that rent dont get it.
My guess is you rent, otherwise you would have not posted this.
Does the average home owner owe a billion dollars?
I have a valid question. Now be careful with your answer.

If you were able to borrow 1 billion dollars to make a 2 billion dollar profit.......Would you?

Again....be careful with your answer

I'd probably not want to be a billion in debt...ever. But then again, I have a brain in my head and unlike you...my head isn't up my ass.
Cute.
My head is not up my ass. I owe on my home, but my home is valued at 4 times what I owe. I know.....BUT YOU OWE.....true....but I OWN 4 times as much BECAUSE I owe. And when my debt interest exceeds my ROI on my investments, I will payoff my mortgage. It is known as leveraging.
So I guess my head is up my ass as I somehow continue to stay ahead of the game, live in a beautiful house, own a boat, employ dozens of people....and only worried about getting COVID.
I guess head up my ass is a good thing?

Its way up your ass...if you think owing a billion dollars is a good thing.
The biggest problem is in the word “debt” itself. To an average mind,(IS THAT YOU???) that is a bad word, with all sorts of negative connotations.
It is something to be avoided at all costs. And, there lies the problem. Average people(IS THAT YOU?) only see risk, not the flip side of the coin, i.e. Opportunity.

Oh for God's sake.....

A billion dollars?

Huh?
Why would it require a ticker symbol if it is not public? What if an S-Corp, an LLP or a private C-Corp.?
Just an FYI....it not only doesn't require one....but there is no legal way to apply one to it.

DO you have any idea about business in general, or am I debating someone who has no idea about the corporate world?

Oh for God's sake.....

A billion dollars?

I will always give people the benefit of the doubt as to their intelligence, Patriot...but when someone insists on demonstrating a total lack of knowledge about the topic that THEY have started a string about, despite being shown that their premise is completely wrong...then that isn't naive...that's stupid!
Yeah...I get it. Based on her criticizing the fact that a private corporation doesn't have a ticker symbol....I am starting to think naïve is not the right term.

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168
The average home owner owes 80% of the value of their home. So if the home is valued at 300K and they buy it at 300K, they likely owe 240K for the home. Are they in debt? Yes, they owe 240K so they are in debt for 240K....but they have 300K in assets meaning they are above water for 60K. So they are not actually in debt. They are leveraging. That is how it works.
Furthermore, thanks to the laws passed by congress....both democrats and republicans.....one can write off the interest on the debt....
Finally, they may owe 240K, have assets of 300K, but as they pay the debt off, their value to loan decreases and they are living free of rent.

If you were able to borrow 1 billion dollars to make a 2 billion dollar profit.......Would you?

I'd probably not want to be a billion in debt...ever. But then again, I have a brain in my head and unlike you...my head isn't up my ass.
Cute.
My head is not up my ass. I owe on my home, but my home is valued at 4 times what I owe. I know.....BUT YOU OWE.....true....but I OWN 4 times as much BECAUSE I owe. And when my debt interest exceeds my ROI on my investments, I will payoff my mortgage. It is known as leveraging.
So I guess my head is up my ass as I somehow continue to stay ahead of the game, live in a beautiful house, own a boat, employ dozens of people....and only worried about getting COVID.

The biggest problem is in the word “debt” itself. To an average mind,(IS THAT YOU???) that is a bad word, with all sorts of negative connotations.
It is something to be avoided at all costs. And, there lies the problem. Average people(IS THAT YOU?) only see risk, not the flip side of the coin, i.e. Opportunity.
Many people do not understand the difference between having debt and being in debt.
There is a big difference.
One can have debt but not be in debt. Like the average homeowner.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Oh for God's sake.....

A billion dollars?

Yeah...I get it. Based on her criticizing the fact that a private corporation doesn't have a ticker symbol....I am starting to think naïve is not the right term.

What she's actually arguing is that only public companies can be incorporated, which is of course a load of crap. Most incorporated companies are privately held.

Being listed on an exchange means you're required to release GAAP prepared documents to investors. It has nothing to do with liability. Only a sole proprietorship would be an unincorporated corporation. But obviously Trump's investments are not sole proprietorships. They are almost certainly either S-Corps or LLCs, both of which would provide him liability protection. I doubt they are C corps, don't see any reason he'd want to pay the double taxes when depreciating the real estate probably wipes out most of the taxable gains anyway

Cute.

Many people do not understand the difference between having debt and being in debt.
It's actually rather amusing that someone who's NEVER had any debt will most likely have a worse credit rating than someone who has been in debt numerous times! One generally doesn't get credit without incurring debt at some point. The more debt you've had and repaid...the higher your credit rating will be!

Cute.

It's actually rather amusing that someone who's NEVER had any debt will most likely have a worse credit rating than someone who has been in debt numerous times! One generally doesn't get credit without incurring debt at some point. The more debt you've had and repaid...the higher your credit rating will be!

Yes, though these are debts of Trump's corporations, not personal debt. He also is certainly using the buildings themselves as collateral

You don't have $3.66 billion as your own article said Trump has either. You're a lot closer to $3.66 than $3.66 billion.

And that isn't Trump's debt, it's business debt for investments. The buildings are their own collateral.

Your dearth of business knowledge is just sad. I'm confused why you want to announce it so loudly.

candycorn: Hey guys, I don't know SHIT about buisness. I'm going to prove that over and over by saying one thing after another that's wrong and totally ignorant. When this discussion is over, you'll be perfectly clear I don't know anything about any aspect of business, none at all! Bam!

You are delivering
Corn cob believes that people who build super structures use cash to build. too fking funny.

Cute.

credit companies don't mind. you should actually invest a little quality time and understand credit ratings, cause right now, a third grader knows more than you.

The average homeowner doesn't have several billion in property value.
Apples to apples. You owe 200K for 300K in property value, you are in good shape. You owe 1 billion for 3 billion in property value, you are in good shape.
Not rocket science.

Owing a billion dollars is a sign of being in good shape? . WOW.

The level of detachment from the facts for TDSers is incredible.
I did not say that. Owing a billion dollars so you can purchase 3 billion in assets IS being in good shape. For some ideological reason, you left out the return part.
Personally, I find your posts quite naïve to real life. You must rent and live check to check. I get it. It sux. Perhaps years ago, if you understood leveraging you would have bought and not rented and now you would owe 200 K but have 400K in assets.
I know.....I am confusing you.
Sorry.

Thinking owing a billion dollars is a good thing means you're seriously confused yourself. I know, I know....logic isn't your strong suit. Sorry.
how is it a bad thing? did you investigate that aspect prior to writing that? you better have evidence or continue to look foolish in here.

you're not smart enough to be a billion in debt. you have zero ambition and naïve to know how to even do it. it's cute you're so clueless.

The average homeowner doesn't have several billion in property value.
Apples to apples. You owe 200K for 300K in property value, you are in good shape. You owe 1 billion for 3 billion in property value, you are in good shape.
Not rocket science.

Owing a billion dollars is a sign of being in good shape? . WOW.

The level of detachment from the facts for TDSers is incredible.
it's not a bad thing. unless you can prove it. Cause the country is trillions in debt and you haven't been screaming to stop spending.

so you have no ambition.

Oh for God's sake.....

A billion dollars?

Penny? You're showing your abject ignorance again! There are publicly traded corporations that have "ticker symbols" and then there are privately owned corporations that do not! Only an idiot would have the assets that Donald Trump has and NOT be incorporated for the protection of those assets! You'd know that if you weren't so clueless when it comes to anything to do with business, finance or economics in general!
it relieves personal liability. every company in the country does that.

Forum List

Back