All the President's Debt

But it's what we do here because we want more government than we're willing to pay for.
not me. why do you need more government?

We don't; we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

It would make more sense to spend less than we take in in taxes, and pay down the debt.

We should tax to the levels of spending.

Oh wait, you think it's a fantastic idea to be in debt.... I forgot. Sorry.

Nope.

the more they tax, the more they spend.

Raise taxes across the board to 90%, Congress will still spend more than they take in.

Being in debt for 1/4th my assets?

not a big issue.

Not that you seem to understand.

You seem to think any debt is good debt.... Its a crazy stance. I'm not surprised a Trump supporter thinks that way since most are certifiable nuts.

LOL. You tell him you can read his mind, and that's how you know he's a nut.

Maybe you should think that one through ...
There are many debts that are bad debts. For example, credit card debt is a bad debt. Why? Because you are not accruing value in assets, you are simply spending more than you can afford. Otherwise, you would pay cash.
But to take on debt to purchase an asset that is valued at more than what you pay (happens often) is a good debt. It is known as INVESTING.....LEVERAGING.....yes, sometimes a gamble, but often a smart move.
Candycorn, you really need to understand what you debate.

Yes, but it's only a gamble for the money you put into the investment
Bottom line.....and underwriter will ONLY approve a loan if your assets exceed the amount of the loan by at least 70%.....so regardless of the amount of the loan, 100 dollars or 10 billion dollars, you MUST have the assets to rationalize the risk of the lender.
If Trump has a half a billion of debt, (FYI, that is not called being in debt)...then he certainly has much more in assets.
Being in debt is a bad thing. Having debt less than assets is having debt for a reason and a good thing. But not the same as being in debt. Candy needs to understand how it works.

Yes, if you put 30% down on a building, then use the building itself as collateral, you should be fine.

I keep pointing out too that debt is cheaper than equity. By putting down 30%, he can buy roughly three more buildings with the same money. Buying buildings outright would be really stupid, so that's what candycorn, petro, and Crepitus think he should do. They want government checks, business schmisness, they know nothing about it, and are damned proud of it
If it's smart to owe money then why is he hiding it?

Where do you get that he's hiding it? That's a logical fallacy BTW called "begging the question."

You just assumed the truth of your own position.

It's a butt lazy way to argue.

Creep: I'm right, kaz, just cuz I said so
You can't be serious. Are you really that stupid? "Where do I get that he's hiding it"?

Where have you been for the last 4-5 years?

But it's what we do here because we want more government than we're willing to pay for.
not me. why do you need more government?

We don't; we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

It would make more sense to spend less than we take in in taxes, and pay down the debt.

Oh wait, you think it's a fantastic idea to be in debt.... I forgot. Sorry.

Nope.

the more they tax, the more they spend.

Raise taxes across the board to 90%, Congress will still spend more than they take in.

Being in debt for 1/4th my assets?

not a big issue.

Not that you seem to understand.

You seem to think any debt is good debt.... Its a crazy stance. I'm not surprised a Trump supporter thinks that way since most are certifiable nuts.

LOL. You tell him you can read his mind, and that's how you know he's a nut.

Maybe you should think that one through ...
There are many debts that are bad debts. For example, credit card debt is a bad debt. Why? Because you are not accruing value in assets, you are simply spending more than you can afford. Otherwise, you would pay cash.
But to take on debt to purchase an asset that is valued at more than what you pay (happens often) is a good debt. It is known as INVESTING.....LEVERAGING.....yes, sometimes a gamble, but often a smart move.
Candycorn, you really need to understand what you debate.

Yes, but it's only a gamble for the money you put into the investment
Bottom line.....and underwriter will ONLY approve a loan if your assets exceed the amount of the loan by at least 70%.....so regardless of the amount of the loan, 100 dollars or 10 billion dollars, you MUST have the assets to rationalize the risk of the lender.
If Trump has a half a billion of debt, (FYI, that is not called being in debt)...then he certainly has much more in assets.
Being in debt is a bad thing. Having debt less than assets is having debt for a reason and a good thing. But not the same as being in debt. Candy needs to understand how it works.

Yes, if you put 30% down on a building, then use the building itself as collateral, you should be fine.

I keep pointing out too that debt is cheaper than equity. By putting down 30%, he can buy roughly three more buildings with the same money. Buying buildings outright would be really stupid, so that's what candycorn, petro, and Crepitus think he should do. They want government checks, business schmisness, they know nothing about it, and are damned proud of it
If it's smart to owe money then why is he hiding it?

Where do you get that he's hiding it? That's a logical fallacy BTW called "begging the question."

You just assumed the truth of your own position.

It's a butt lazy way to argue.

Creep: I'm right, kaz, just cuz I said so
You can't be serious. Are you really that stupid? "Where do I get that he's hiding it"?

Where have you been for the last 4-5 years?

WHERE DO YOU GET THAT TRUMP IS "HIDING" HIS DEBT?

How stupid are you? You still don't get the question?

And again, it's obvious you only want more information to attack him. Are you so mentally retarded that you actually think you are fooling anyone?

Then there's your endless pre-school calling Trump "Rump." I mean seriously. Wow.

Seriously, dad, maybe we need to start talking about pulling the plug

If you owed a million dollars, you'd probably think, "I'm fucked".

The blob literally owes 1,000 times that.

Let that sink in.
rabbit hole.
Non-answer

It's a direct answer. Just saying "one billion" in debt is a contentless point. He has $3.66 billion in assets. If he sold $1B in assets to pay off all debt:

1) He's make less money
2) He'd have fewer assets
3) He'd have to fire a bunch of people

Who should he fire? I know you don't know the names, but how should he decide?

How much is your mortgage and how much is your salary? If you're a typical American, you're in a lot more debt than Trump right there

I see reading reply's to this post that pretty much NO one on this board understands big business or government finance, that includes me. and who could blame them, its a convoluted mess.

One person owing $1B is not a good thing. I think we all understand that. Some here believe that he should owe $2B.... Its incredible.
Based on your logic, no one should ever apply for a mortgage.
And thus why you rent.
Bet you have little to leave your heirs.
Good for you.

I see reading reply's to this post that pretty much NO one on this board understands big business or government finance, that includes me. and who could blame them, its a convoluted mess.

One person owing $1B is not a good thing. I think we all understand that. Some here believe that he should owe $2B.... Its incredible.

If the mortgage is a billion dollars, no.

Your answer to the following question will show how dumb your position is.

Would you rather owe a billion or owe nothing?

OH hell... I'd rather owe a billion dollars. I owe nothing now. And I don't have enough money to be a billion in debt... Fuck yeah I'll take a billion in the hole if it means I'm worth three or four times that easy.

The question shows just how dumb your position is.

Why is this thread still active.

We've already established the morons who are gleeful about Trumps debt don't have a fucking clue about finance.

OH hell... I'd rather owe a billion dollars. I owe nothing now. And I don't have enough money to be a billion in debt... Fuck yeah I'll take a billion in the hole if it means I'm worth three or four times that easy.

Okay, choose a figure for the worth of all United States assets. Divide that by "three or four." Now never ever complain about the size of the national debt again!

it is possible to be “worth” billions without owing a billion,right?

Wouldn’t that be better than owing that billion as your blob does?

And thus why you rent.
Bet you have little to leave your heirs.
Good for you.
Bet you have nowhere near a billion dollars -- in mortgage debt, assets, or anything -- to leave your heirs -- and never have.
Good for you. :sigh2:

Irrelevant question. Here is the question.

Would you rather buy one building or three with the same money down? You can write off the interest and deduct the building and use the buildings themselves as collateral.

My God, you're shameless with how much you are willing to strut and preen about your total ignorance about business and making money

The stunning silence from the blobbers is telling.

Some people think four year olds are hard to take seriously, blob.

I'd rather own three buildings for the same money you would spend on one. And you think that makes me stupid and you a good business pre-schooler.

Yeah, sure baby cakes. Isn't it nap time after your snack, little angry girl?

I'd rather own three buildings for the same money you would spend on one. And you think that makes me stupid and you a good business pre-schooler.

Personal insults aren’t an answer Fido.

Isn’t it better to have billions and be debt free than to have billions and owe (at least) a billion?

Answer the question.

Isn’t it better to have billions and be debt free than to have billions and owe (at least) a billion?

Answer the question.

No, it's not. I've answered the question at least a dozen times.

Choices:

candy: Buys ONE building, ties up all her money there.

Trump/kaz/anyone who has a clue about business: Buy THREE buildings with the same money. Three times the rent, write off interest, depreciate buildings.

You know ZERO about business. And amazingly you're proud as shit about it.

Debt is cheaper than equity. You're advocating that he take low returns for his investment.

Here's a question you didn't answer. How should he decide who to fire because he takes low returns for his investments as you keep advocating?

Answer the question.

I already gave you this:

Sorry, I don't have a link that explains optimal capital structure for idiots, you'll have to read this one

Forum List

Back