All the President's Debt

Oh for God's sake.....

EVERY corporation does that.
Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

Please consider enrolling in Business 101

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Perhaps you should consider that course.
Of course Trump's companies are incorporated, Candy! Don't be such an idiot! Anyone who invests in large real estate investments leverages their purchases. It would be unusual if Trump DIDN'T owe money!

It would be bad business if Trump's real estate companies didn't owe money. That would mean they are footing the whole bill out of their own pockets which would be a huge drag on returns over debt, which is far cheaper. And they would own like 1/3 the real estate because he's tying up his cash.

candycorn, petro and Crepitus know NOTHING about business.

Creptius admitted he blindly trusts the NY Times, no questions asked. And the NY Times argued that his business's debt is his personal debt showing they are either liars or stupid.

The general business rule of thumb is debt to equity is 2 to 1. It does vary by industry, but using that, Trump could buy three buildings for the same money and make more money on all three buildings than funding it himself because of the writeoffs.

candy's investment strategy is searching sofa's for coins. That's her level of knoweldge
You got the wrong guy. I am a Trump supporter and conservative, you might be thinking of some libtard newbie on here called pyetro, who apparently can't find a more original screen name.
Please don't mix me up with these idiots.
Thank you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Forbes brought some of the debt into sharp focus in a recent article:

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

Here are the top debts that he owes as described in the article....

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168
The average home owner owes 80% of the value of their home. So if the home is valued at 300K and they buy it at 300K, they likely owe 240K for the home. Are they in debt? Yes, they owe 240K so they are in debt for 240K....but they have 300K in assets meaning they are above water for 60K. So they are not actually in debt. They are leveraging. That is how it works.
Furthermore, thanks to the laws passed by congress....both democrats and republicans.....one can write off the interest on the debt....
Finally, they may owe 240K, have assets of 300K, but as they pay the debt off, their value to loan decreases and they are living free of rent.
Sadly, those that rent dont get it.
My guess is you rent, otherwise you would have not posted this.
Does the average home owner owe a billion dollars?
I have a valid question. Now be careful with your answer.

If you were able to borrow 1 billion dollars to make a 2 billion dollar profit.......Would you?

Again....be careful with your answer

I'd probably not want to be a billion in debt...ever. But then again, I have a brain in my head and unlike you...my head isn't up my ass.
Cute.
My head is not up my ass. I owe on my home, but my home is valued at 4 times what I owe. I know.....BUT YOU OWE.....true....but I OWN 4 times as much BECAUSE I owe. And when my debt interest exceeds my ROI on my investments, I will payoff my mortgage. It is known as leveraging.
So I guess my head is up my ass as I somehow continue to stay ahead of the game, live in a beautiful house, own a boat, employ dozens of people....and only worried about getting COVID.
I guess head up my ass is a good thing?

Its way up your ass...if you think owing a billion dollars is a good thing.
The biggest problem is in the word “debt” itself. To an average mind,(IS THAT YOU???) that is a bad word, with all sorts of negative connotations.
It is something to be avoided at all costs. And, there lies the problem. Average people(IS THAT YOU?) only see risk, not the flip side of the coin, i.e. Opportunity.
Many people do not understand the difference between having debt and being in debt.
There is a big difference.
One can have debt but not be in debt. Like the average homeowner.
It's actually rather amusing that someone who's NEVER had any debt will most likely have a worse credit rating than someone who has been in debt numerous times! One generally doesn't get credit without incurring debt at some point. The more debt you've had and repaid...the higher your credit rating will be!

Yes, though these are debts of Trump's corporations, not personal debt. He also is certainly using the buildings themselves as collateral
I'm guessing the term "leverage" is not part of Candy's experience! :)

• Funny
Oh for God's sake.....

Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Of course Trump's companies are incorporated, Candy! Don't be such an idiot! Anyone who invests in large real estate investments leverages their purchases. It would be unusual if Trump DIDN'T owe money!

It would be bad business if Trump's real estate companies didn't owe money. That would mean they are footing the whole bill out of their own pockets which would be a huge drag on returns over debt, which is far cheaper. And they would own like 1/3 the real estate because he's tying up his cash.

Creptius admitted he blindly trusts the NY Times, no questions asked. And the NY Times argued that his business's debt is his personal debt showing they are either liars or stupid.

The general business rule of thumb is debt to equity is 2 to 1. It does vary by industry, but using that, Trump could buy three buildings for the same money and make more money on all three buildings than funding it himself because of the writeoffs.

candy's investment strategy is searching sofa's for coins. That's her level of knoweldge
You got the wrong guy. I am a Trump supporter and conservative, you might be thinking of some libtard newbie on here called pyetro, who apparently can't find a more original screen name.
Thank you.

Thanks for clearing me up. Yes, looking at your screen name and his totally confused me. I appreciate you correcting the record.

The same happened to me. I'm "kaz" and a leftist came on and called himself "taz." People have told me too they confused us.

Then bodeca immitated boedicca. Not sure why it's always leftists who seem to do that

Oh for God's sake.....

Thank you.

Thanks for clearing me up. Yes, looking at your screen name and his totally confused me. I appreciate you correcting the record.

The same happened to me. I'm "kaz" and a leftist came on and called himself "taz." People have told me too they confused us.

Then bodeca immitated boedicca. Not sure why it's always leftists who seem to do that
Probably stalking us, another leftist sociopathic trait.
I knew folks were gonna mix up names as soon as that idiot showed up. Now I troll his threads, within the rules of course. ;)

• Funny
Oh for God's sake.....

Thank you.

Probably stalking us, another leftist sociopathic trait.
I knew folks were gonna mix up names as soon as that idiot showed up. Now I troll his threads, within the rules of course. ;)

I appreciate you realized it wasn't intentional and just told me

So it's about Candy and not Trump. Case closed. LOL

Um ... what ???

So what did you learn about Trump? I for one extensively wrong what candy was wrong about and why so that you could understand it.

And you didn't ...

LOL. Another leftist who knows shit about business. A core Democrat attribute

Um ... what ???

So what did you learn about Trump? I for one extensively wrong what candy was wrong about and why so that you could understand it.

And you didn't ...

It's pretty much a given that to believe in the Democratic Platform these days...you can't have studied Economics, Finance or Business Administration in college! If you HAVE and you're still pulling the lever for Democrats you have some issues!

• Thanks

Um ... what ???

And you didn't ...

It's pretty much a given that to believe in the Democratic Platform these days...you can't have studied Economics, Finance or Business Administration in college! If you HAVE and you're still pulling the lever for Democrats you have some issues!

Like AOC. OMG. She thinks sidewalks are an investment. And she thought that taking in less money from Amazon was an expense and that taking less Amazon money than full taxes meant they had money to spend

I see reading reply's to this post that pretty much NO one on this board understands big business or government finance, that includes me. and who could blame them, its a convoluted mess.

Um ... what ???

And you didn't ...

Like AOC. OMG. She thinks sidewalks are an investment. And she thought that taking in less money from Amazon was an expense and that taking less Amazon money than full taxes meant they had money to spend
Unfortunately AOC graduated from Boston University with a degree in Economics...the same place I got my MBA! Every time she opens her mouth it devalues the worth of my education!
I'd like to know the names of the Economics professors that gave that idiot a passing grade and set her loose on the world! They ought to lose tenure just for that! :)

• Thanks
personally I never saw a big issue in him having debt, or even being leveraged to having more debt than equity. It would be illuminating to see who to whom he owes money, but he and the boychkins said they'd gotten most from Russia lately. And that jives because no one in the US wants to do biz with him. But I can see why he wouldn't want to say. He likes to brag about how much he's worth and being the self made man and all that bs. But I never bought the notion that Putin really has something to blackmail him over. Trump just likes autocrrats who kill their opponents. It's weird, but really I don't see him doing anything different than other presidents. His for policy is guided by how he sees the world and how America should react, but he also has to choose actions/policies that help his political standing.

He'd be better off not picking fights with guys like Kelly and Mattis. They grumble a lot, but they were pretty quiet until he did the Lafayette Square/St. Johns teargas with troops. That was a mistake. But it didn't have anything to do with for policy.

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168
The average home owner owes 80% of the value of their home. So if the home is valued at 300K and they buy it at 300K, they likely owe 240K for the home. Are they in debt? Yes, they owe 240K so they are in debt for 240K....but they have 300K in assets meaning they are above water for 60K. So they are not actually in debt. They are leveraging. That is how it works.
Furthermore, thanks to the laws passed by congress....both democrats and republicans.....one can write off the interest on the debt....
Finally, they may owe 240K, have assets of 300K, but as they pay the debt off, their value to loan decreases and they are living free of rent.

If you were able to borrow 1 billion dollars to make a 2 billion dollar profit.......Would you?

I'd probably not want to be a billion in debt...ever. But then again, I have a brain in my head and unlike you...my head isn't up my ass.
So, you would not borrow 1 billion to make an added two billion. How about this. Would you borrow 100 dollars to make 300 dollars? Better yet. Would you invest 6000 in an IRA to have a 6000 write off and also have that 6000 likely turn into 9000 over 2 years?
Your problem is you are stuck on the "billion" part...and that fixation is not allowing you to think clearly.
If Trump was able to borrow 1 billion dollars, I assure you, he had assets valued at far more than that. Lending viability is based on holdings and anticipated return...not based on what the borrower anticipates....based on what the lender anticipates.
Now, dont take this as an insult. I know nothing about you.....but either you are a child not yet exposed to the real world of finance, or you are one who cut class all through high school.
How can one be so naïve as it pertains tot he lending world?

personally I never saw a big issue in him having debt, or even being leveraged to having more debt than equity. It would be illuminating to see who to whom he owes money, but he and the boychkins said they'd gotten most from Russia lately. And that jives because no one in the US wants to do biz with him. But I can see why he wouldn't want to say. He likes to brag about how much he's worth and being the self made man and all that bs. But I never bought the notion that Putin really has something to blackmail him over. Trump just likes autocrrats who kill their opponents. It's weird, but really I don't see him doing anything different than other presidents. His for policy is guided by how he sees the world and how America should react, but he also has to choose actions/policies that help his political standing.

He'd be better off not picking fights with guys like Kelly and Mattis. They grumble a lot, but they were pretty quiet until he did the Lafayette Square/St. Johns teargas with troops. That was a mistake. But it didn't have anything to do with for policy.
Just an FYI....having more debt than equity when the cost of the debt is less than 3% and the return on the equity is greater than 6 % is known as smart asset management.
And there you go...Russia, Russia, Russia.

Just an FYI....having more debt than equity when the cost of the debt is less than 3% and the return on the equity is greater than 6 % is known as smart asset management.
And there you go...Russia, Russia, Russia.
It doesn't make you a billionaire. But as I said, aside from Trump's narcissism and sense of victimhood, his debt is imo irrelevant

Owing a billion dollars is a sign of being in good shape? . WOW.

The level of detachment from the facts for TDSers is incredible.
Depends on how much you are worth.. A loan of 10k is nothing to someone who makes 100k a year... It's very different to someone who makes 20k a year.

Listen... You're a hack, not stupid. We know it. *shrugs*

Trump's corporations use bank debt to finance projects....

gee.... wow.... to someone who doesn't understand the REAL ESTATE business....

But the bias/sold out/whore factor is much higher with "middle class" Joe. Joe was "middle class" when he was first elected to the Senate. Now, he is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, way way way more than his salary could explain....

Low IQ Joe is a BOUGHT AND PAID FOR WHORE, and those who own him know it, and they knew it 10 years ago....

Three, give the go-ahead for U.S.-based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president - Low IQ Joe - to take his place, and forcefully dictate that the United States’ policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies. "

In other words, if the Mossad had assassinated homObama (like they did JFK), Low IQ Joe would've been expected to LIE about that (as LBJ did) and start a US war with Iran (LBJ started a US war in "nam to manufacture new weapons and ship them to Israel free of charge - why our troops in 'nam were stuck with outdated weapons)

We have only had two other complete Zionist whores as Presidents (LBJ and W). Both times, we got war over lies and screwed to benefit Israel.

I see reading reply's to this post that pretty much NO one on this board understands big business or government finance, that includes me. and who could blame them, its a convoluted mess.

One person owing $1B is not a good thing. I think we all understand that. Some here believe that he should owe $2B.... Its incredible.

So, you would not borrow 1 billion to make an added two billion. How about this. Would you borrow 100 dollars to make 300 dollars? Better yet. Would you invest 6000 in an IRA to have a 6000 write off and also have that 6000 likely turn into 9000 over 2 years?
Your problem is you are stuck on the "billion" part...and that fixation is not allowing you to think clearly.
If Trump was able to borrow 1 billion dollars, I assure you, he had assets valued at far more than that. Lending viability is based on holdings and anticipated return...not based on what the borrower anticipates....based on what the lender anticipates.
Now, dont take this as an insult. I know nothing about you.....but either you are a child not yet exposed to the real world of finance, or you are one who cut class all through high school.
How can one be so naïve as it pertains tot he lending world?

There is no "if"....Its in his disclosure.

But it's what we do here because we want more government than we're willing to pay for.
not me. why do you need more government?

We don't; we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

It would make more sense to spend less than we take in in taxes, and pay down the debt.

We should tax to the levels of spending.

Oh wait, you think it's a fantastic idea to be in debt.... I forgot. Sorry.

We should tax to the levels of spending.

Nope.

the more they tax, the more they spend.

Raise taxes across the board to 90%, Congress will still spend more than they take in.

Being in debt for 1/4th my assets?

not a big issue.

Not that you seem to understand.

You seem to think any debt is good debt.... Its a crazy stance. I'm not surprised a Trump supporter thinks that way since most are certifiable nuts.

LOL. You tell him you can read his mind, and that's how you know he's a nut.

Maybe you should think that one through ...
There are many debts that are bad debts. For example, credit card debt is a bad debt. Why? Because you are not accruing value in assets, you are simply spending more than you can afford. Otherwise, you would pay cash.
But to take on debt to purchase an asset that is valued at more than what you pay (happens often) is a good debt. It is known as INVESTING.....LEVERAGING.....yes, sometimes a gamble, but often a smart move.
Candycorn, you really need to understand what you debate.

Yes, but it's only a gamble for the money you put into the investment
Bottom line.....and underwriter will ONLY approve a loan if your assets exceed the amount of the loan by at least 70%.....so regardless of the amount of the loan, 100 dollars or 10 billion dollars, you MUST have the assets to rationalize the risk of the lender.
If Trump has a half a billion of debt, (FYI, that is not called being in debt)...then he certainly has much more in assets.
Being in debt is a bad thing. Having debt less than assets is having debt for a reason and a good thing. But not the same as being in debt. Candy needs to understand how it works.

Yes, if you put 30% down on a building, then use the building itself as collateral, you should be fine.

I keep pointing out too that debt is cheaper than equity. By putting down 30%, he can buy roughly three more buildings with the same money. Buying buildings outright would be really stupid, so that's what candycorn, petro, and Crepitus think he should do. They want government checks, business schmisness, they know nothing about it, and are damned proud of it
If it's smart to owe money then why is he hiding it?

Forum List

Back