All the President's Debt

Trump said he ran shit on debt, what made you think he didn't?

Shame for COVID, because federal debt wasn't on pace to match Obama's 10 Trillion, which was double Bush's 5 Trillion, which was near double the balance under Clinton. That would have been an improvement when you weigh GDP, inflation etc.

Democrack Govs. told people they can't golf/camp/eat/tennis/hike/work but can shop Walmart, pot, Home Depot, Netflix, protest & riot.

But it's what we do here because we want more government than we're willing to pay for.
not me. why do you need more government?

We don't; we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

It would make more sense to spend less than we take in in taxes, and pay down the debt.

We should tax to the levels of spending.

Oh wait, you think it's a fantastic idea to be in debt.... I forgot. Sorry.

We should tax to the levels of spending.

Nope.

the more they tax, the more they spend.

Raise taxes across the board to 90%, Congress will still spend more than they take in.

Being in debt for 1/4th my assets?

not a big issue.

Not that you seem to understand.

You seem to think any debt is good debt.... Its a crazy stance. I'm not surprised a Trump supporter thinks that way since most are certifiable nuts.
And I bet you keep your life savings in a bank right? Are you aware that the safest bank to keep your money is the bank that has the worst ratings with the FDIC? Why? Because if there is a run on the banks like what happened in 1929, what banks get their coverage per depositor first?
YUP... the ones that are first hit because in reality... YOUR faith in the FDIC is totally predicated on this statement:
FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government

Never mentioned the FDIC...
I don't owe a billion dollars....if that is what you're asking.

You don't have $3.66 billion as your own article said Trump has either. You're a lot closer to $3.66 than $3.66 billion.

And that isn't Trump's debt, it's business debt for investments. The buildings are their own collateral.

Your dearth of business knowledge is just sad. I'm confused why you want to announce it so loudly.

candycorn: Hey guys, I don't know SHIT about buisness. I'm going to prove that over and over by saying one thing after another that's wrong and totally ignorant. When this discussion is over, you'll be perfectly clear I don't know anything about any aspect of business, none at all! Bam!

You are delivering

Oh for God's sake.....

EVERY corporation does that.
Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

Please consider enrolling in Business 101

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Perhaps you should consider that course.

Excuse me?

You think printing unbacked paper money is a viable way to deal with debt ???

Viable? No.

But it's what we do here because we want more government than we're willing to pay for.

Corporations can raise capital in many ways...bonds, stock issues, etc... Trump's companies are privately held meaning that the principals are responsible for the debt. And he has a lot of it.

Speaking of your dearth of business knowledge:

candycorn: "Trump's companies are privately held meaning that the principals are responsible for the debt. And he has a lot of it."

:whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign::whatsign:

Um ... what? This is just wrong.

Being privately held means that his companies don't trade on exchanges, which means they aren't responsible for meeting reporting standards and producing GAAP documents for the market.

It does NOT mean that the principles are personally liable for the debt, that's just totally wrong. They probably have an LLC. It could be an S corp. Not likely it's a C corp. But any of those would protect the stakeholders from the debt.

Where do you get this crap you're just making up?

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Forbes brought some of the debt into sharp focus in a recent article:

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

Here are the top debts that he owes as described in the article....

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168
What a bad businessman.

Yes, obviously you and the ditzy chick certainly know zero about business. Everything she's saying is wrong, and you don't know that. Don't you have floors to go mop?

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168
Yeah, I read that last night. It looks like maybe two of his properties are actually not losing money.

Obviously you don't know that. Whether properties are making or losing money requires looking across his corporations and his taxes simultaneously and backing out the writeoffs (depreciation and amortization) and looking at the market value of his assets as a total calculation.

You don't remotely have all that information. It's sad how little you and the other leftists circle jerking about this know about business. And particularly pathetic you don't even know how stupid you are making yourself look to anyone who does know what you are talking about

You do realize that holding debt does provide opportunity for tax deductions, oh, the horror....dumbass.

Over A billion dollars in debt? as a Tax hedge? LOL.. .

The tax hedge is the depreciation of the real estate, not the debt. Though the debt payments are deductible as well.

Is there anything you DO know about business? Seems to be a big slobbering no

Yeah, I read that last night. It looks like maybe two of his properties are actually not losing money.

Once he leaves office....they won't be posting profits any longer.
The losses will increase across the board.

What losses? Show your calculations.

Be sure to include

- Rental income and management/maintenance expenses
- Debt payments
- Depreciation and amortization
- Marked to market asset values

Thanks! Those are just the basics, but it'll give us a back of the envelope calculation about how you came to that conclusion

Oh for God's sake.....

Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Excuse me?

Viable? No.

Corporations can raise capital in many ways...bonds, stock issues, etc... Trump's companies are privately held meaning that the principals are responsible for the debt. And he has a lot of it.

candycorn: "Trump's companies are privately held meaning that the principals are responsible for the debt. And he has a lot of it."

This is just wrong.

Being privately held means that his companies don't trade on exchanges, which means they aren't responsible for meeting reporting standards and producing GAAP documents for the market.

It does NOT mean that the principles are personally liable for the debt, that's just totally wrong. They probably have an LLC. It could be an S corp. Not likely it's a C corp. But any of those would protect the stakeholders from the debt.

Waste of time for people like "Candycorn" to understand what a Limited Liability Corp(LLC) means or an "S" corp i.e. that elect to pass corporate income, losses, deductions, and credits through to their shareholders for federal tax purposes.
These people have never invested in either much less incorporated any LLC or S. I formed an LLC so I understand what they are!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You do realize that holding debt does provide opportunity for tax deductions, oh, the horror....dumbass.

Dang, you don't have a fricken clue.

A billion dollar hedge against taxes.... Right....

I hope you don't pay the bills in your household.

"Honey, if we file bankruptcy....we can afford the trip to Maui!"

It's more, honey, if I buy a building and put a third down and the bank pays for the rest, I can rent out the apartments and write off the building and make a pile of money, and we can go to Maui. Also, unline the business neophyte candycorn, she'd buy one building, but I can buy three with the same money down because I'm not a total idiot like she is who wants underperforming assets!

Oh for God's sake.....

Excuse me?

Viable? No.

This is just wrong.

Waste of time for people like "Candycorn" to understand what a Limited Liability Corp(LLC) means or an "S" corp i.e. that elect to pass corporate income, losses, deductions, and credits through to their shareholders for federal tax purposes.
These people have never invested in either much less incorporated any LLC or S. I formed an LLC so I understand what they are!

Agreed, but I'm not writing it for her. I'm writing it so other people realize what a joke she is and how she is blowing this all out of her ass because she knows absolute zero about business.

The only thing worse than knowing nothing about business is being like candycorn and not knowing that you know nothing about business.

Then there are the total douche morons like petro and Crepitus who are high fiving her total business ignorance because they don't know any more about it than she does

Dang, you don't have a fricken clue.

A billion dollar hedge against taxes.... Right....

I hope you don't pay the bills in your household.

"Honey, if we file bankruptcy....we can afford the trip to Maui!"

Wow, you found someone on the internet who agrees with you. That's difficult. LOL.

Maybe if you file double bankruptcy, you can book a place on the ISS as well. LOL

You sure don't need to prove you don't have a fricken clue, we already know.

Again, a billion dollars of debt as a tax hedge is just about the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Another business lesson for you. When you buy things, you can write them off.

So if you are growing, you are continually buying assets and writing them off which keeps your taxes low.

Total simpletons who know nothing about business, you know, like you, don't have the faintest clue why tax forms are totally different than balance sheets, income statements and cashflow

The average home owner owes 80% of the value of their home. So if the home is valued at 300K and they buy it at 300K, they likely owe 240K for the home. Are they in debt? Yes, they owe 240K so they are in debt for 240K....but they have 300K in assets meaning they are above water for 60K. So they are not actually in debt. They are leveraging. That is how it works.
Furthermore, thanks to the laws passed by congress....both democrats and republicans.....one can write off the interest on the debt....
Finally, they may owe 240K, have assets of 300K, but as they pay the debt off, their value to loan decreases and they are living free of rent.
Sadly, those that rent dont get it.
My guess is you rent, otherwise you would have not posted this.
Does the average home owner owe a billion dollars?
The average homeowner doesn't have several billion in property value.
Apples to apples. You owe 200K for 300K in property value, you are in good shape. You owe 1 billion for 3 billion in property value, you are in good shape.
Not rocket science.

Obviously you don't know that. Whether properties are making or losing money requires looking across his corporations and his taxes simultaneously and backing out the writeoffs (depreciation and amortization) and looking at the market value of his assets as a total calculation.

You don't remotely have all that information. It's sad how little you and the other leftists circle jerking about this know about business. And particularly pathetic you don't even know how stupid you are making yourself look to anyone who does know what you are talking about
New york times seems to know it.

Sorry for your luck.

The average home owner owes 80% of the value of their home. So if the home is valued at 300K and they buy it at 300K, they likely owe 240K for the home. Are they in debt? Yes, they owe 240K so they are in debt for 240K....but they have 300K in assets meaning they are above water for 60K. So they are not actually in debt. They are leveraging. That is how it works.
Furthermore, thanks to the laws passed by congress....both democrats and republicans.....one can write off the interest on the debt....
Finally, they may owe 240K, have assets of 300K, but as they pay the debt off, their value to loan decreases and they are living free of rent.
Apples to apples. You owe 200K for 300K in property value, you are in good shape. You owe 1 billion for 3 billion in property value, you are in good shape.
Not rocket science.

Owing a billion dollars is a sign of being in good shape? . WOW.

The level of detachment from the facts for TDSers is incredible.

I have a valid question. Now be careful with your answer.

If you were able to borrow 1 billion dollars to make a 2 billion dollar profit.......Would you?

Again....be careful with your answer

If you were able to borrow 1 billion dollars to make a 2 billion dollar profit.......Would you?

I'd probably not want to be a billion in debt...ever. But then again, I have a brain in my head and unlike you...my head isn't up my ass.

Not rocket science.

I did not say that. Owing a billion dollars so you can purchase 3 billion in assets IS being in good shape. For some ideological reason, you left out the return part.
Personally, I find your posts quite naïve to real life. You must rent and live check to check. I get it. It sux. Perhaps years ago, if you understood leveraging you would have bought and not rented and now you would owe 200 K but have 400K in assets.
I know.....I am confusing you.
Sorry.

Not rocket science.

I did not say that. Owing a billion dollars so you can purchase 3 billion in assets IS being in good shape. For some ideological reason, you left out the return part.
Personally, I find your posts quite naïve to real life. You must rent and live check to check. I get it. It sux. Perhaps years ago, if you understood leveraging you would have bought and not rented and now you would owe 200 K but have 400K in assets.
I know.....I am confusing you.
Sorry.

Thinking owing a billion dollars is a good thing means you're seriously confused yourself. I know, I know....logic isn't your strong suit. Sorry.

I'd probably not want to be a billion in debt...ever. But then again, I have a brain in my head and unlike you...my head isn't up my ass.
Cute.
My head is not up my ass. I owe on my home, but my home is valued at 4 times what I owe. I know.....BUT YOU OWE.....true....but I OWN 4 times as much BECAUSE I owe. And when my debt interest exceeds my ROI on my investments, I will payoff my mortgage. It is known as leveraging.
So I guess my head is up my ass as I somehow continue to stay ahead of the game, live in a beautiful house, own a boat, employ dozens of people....and only worried about getting COVID.
I guess head up my ass is a good thing?

Cute.
My head is not up my ass. I owe on my home, but my home is valued at 4 times what I owe. I know.....BUT YOU OWE.....true....but I OWN 4 times as much BECAUSE I owe. And when my debt interest exceeds my ROI on my investments, I will payoff my mortgage. It is known as leveraging.
So I guess my head is up my ass as I somehow continue to stay ahead of the game, live in a beautiful house, own a boat, employ dozens of people....and only worried about getting COVID.
I guess head up my ass is a good thing?

Its way up your ass...if you think owing a billion dollars is a good thing.

Forum List

Back