Gold Member
Apr 12, 2021
No kidding.

I like the New American Standard Version of Jeremiah 51:17 -
Every person is stupid, devoid of knowledge;
Every goldsmith is put to shame by his [a]idols,
For his cast metal images are deceitful,
And there is no breath in them.

Mortal men, globalists and pawns, yak about this and yak about that, only to be decomposing along the way, and finally end up in the morgue.

How non-enlightening, how mediocre, how lame, how terrestrial, how demonic, how pathetic, how temporary.

No kidding.

Mortal men, globalists and pawns, yak about this and yak about that, only to be decomposing along the way, and finally end up in the morgue.

How non-enlightening, how mediocre, how lame, how terrestrial, how demonic, how pathetic, how temporary.

Try reading ALL of Jeremiah 51.

No kidding.

In the KJV

No kidding.

Why try, when I've read it many times.
Your mediocre arrogance signals your mortal decomposing mind - the un-illuminated mind of mankind which is stupid and devoid of knowledge.

No kidding.

In the KJV

Doesn't matter which Bible you use.. Judah was crumbling. Jeremiah was warning them.

No kidding.

Why try, when I've read it many times.
Your mediocre arrogance signals your mortal decomposing mind - the un-illuminated mind of mankind which is stupid and devoid of knowledge.

Don't be an ass. See Jeremiah 24:2.. The good figs were taken to Babylon. The bad figs were left behind.

No kidding.

In the KJV

Doesn't matter which Bible you use.. Judah was crumbling. Jeremiah was warning them.

"The prophets did NOT speak to themselves, but unto US did they minister" - I Peter 1:12
That verse is shocking to surada - it makes all the prophets present tense - but of course, he would need a spiritual mind to discern it.

No kidding.

In the KJV

"The prophets did NOT speak to themselves, but unto US did they minister" - I Peter 1:12
That verse is shocking to surada - it makes all the prophets present tense - but of course, he would need a spiritual mind to discern it.

Most prophecy was written after the fact. Actually ALL accurate prophecy is written after the fact. They were spiritul people and sort of the conscience of the community , but they weren't fortune tellers.

No kidding.

In the KJV

Most prophecy was written after the fact. Actually ALL accurate prophecy is written after the fact. They were spiritul people and sort of the conscience of the community , but they weren't fortune tellers.

You wouldn't know what prophecy is pointing to if it bit you in the ass -

All mankind is stupid and devoid of knowledge -
which is - "and NOW there are MANY antichrists".

Which is the masses in the "Wide Gate to Death" - Matthew 7:13

Admit it surada, you're in the Wide Gate to Death with all the other decomposing antichrist's.

No kidding.

In the KJV

Admit it surada, you're in the Wide Gate to Death with all the other decomposing antichrist's.

You are ignorant and insulting.

No kidding.

In the KJV

The animated corpse speaketh

No kidding.

In the KJV

There were schools for prophets from the time of King Saul. They were keen observers and often warned the Jews about falling away .. Like a town crier they warned about consequences of certain behaviors. Scripture was redacted and amended many times.... particularly during the time of king Omri.

God's ability is so far beyond ours it is impossible to comprehend.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts

Source: 13 Bible verses about God's Ways Beyond Human Understanding

the verse used by the weak to stay in earthly consciousness
No kidding.

In the KJV

There were schools for prophets from the time of King Saul. They were keen observers and often warned the Jews about falling away .. Like a town crier they warned about consequences of certain behaviors. Scripture was redacted and amended many times.... particularly during the time of king Omri.

The natural man discerns not the things of the spirit - I Cor 2:14
They are stupid and devoid of knowledge.

No kidding.

In the KJV

LOLOL.. You mean the "us" who were alive in the first century or the 7th century BC?

No kidding.

You mean read it in context? You can't tell people that, especially mainstream and evangelical Christians.

Clearly, even in the immediate context that the OP quoted, the context is idolatry. Not to mention the broader contexts, such as the book being written by, for, and about Israel, an ancient people in another world.

But if you tell them what every stupid man was in context - that they were ancient Israelites who worshipped idols - they call you a heretic.

It's a topsy-turvy world.

No kidding.

In the KJV

True, prophecy of the Old Covenant scarcely prognosticated distant futures; historically, people altered their behavior because prophecy was conditional in the present, as Jeremiah explains:

If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. (Jer 18:7-10)​

I would take issue with all prophecy being written after the fact, though. Prophecies of old concerning God’s kingdom and final judgment were just about the only prophecies regarding anything remotely futuristic. Malachi, for one, seemed to hit the nail on the head (4:1), and others alluded to Israel's demise in some indirect way.

Maybe they were just visionary, as some might claim. As a believer, I tend to think they had some connection to God. Somebody must have - the more righteous prophets and priests, certainly. Otherwise, perhaps David would not have lamented that none was righteous, but rather that none at all was righteous.

Forum List

Back