Alex Baldwin has become the classic definition of...

That's one of the stupider things I've seen today.

excerpt:

USA TODAY obtained an email sent to members of IATSE Local 44, a union of prop makers and other craft persons who work within the entertainment industry, about the incident. The message said the prop gun from the "Rust" set was loaded with "a live single round" and that no Local 44 members were on set.

Crew members reportedly walked off the set of "Rust" in protest of working conditions hours before Hutchins was killed.

According to the Los Angeles Times and Deadline, crew members working on the upcoming Western raised concerns about several problems, including safety issues, prior to Thursday's incident.

He didn't"wrongfully" kill anyone. He accidentally killed someone. There's a difference.

History does not repeat, it rhymes.

You don’t know all the details. How do you know if he was or was not negligent?

I shit on your word salad.

You're a union propmaster?

I was a armorer in the military, and have owned weapons all my life…Gun safety 101.

Lesson to be learned:

Whenever you’re given a gun to play with, always check to see if it’s loaded.

Well, I was making a joke…guess it didn’t translate…

Baldwin‘s politics aside, I kind of feel sorry for the man…Something like that happens to anyone and it would be horrible.

I carry a concealed weapon every day.

Back in 2016, my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I found ourselves in a situation where I felt compelled to draw, and fire, my sidearm. I shot two people. One of them died at the scene.

I still deal with that every single day. Taking someone's life; even some scumbag who means to do you harm, is something which takes time to come to grips with.

I like Baldwin as an actor and I detest his politics. Those who say he "deserves" this, for whatever reason, should just shut the fuck up. No one deserves this. No one. Nothing prepares you for the overwhelming tidal wave of guilt which inevitably comes along to emotionally slam you into the sand, over and over and over. You never get over it. If you're lucky, you allow yourself to accept it and try to move on.

I shot someone who wanted to kill me, and still I ended up riding an emotional roller coaster for years. It's something you never get over. My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend has a scar above her left shoulder blade from where she was stabbed with a Buck 119. Every single time I see that scar I'm reminded of what happened, what our assailants did, and what I did. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change what I did for a second. But I do wish we'd never been in the position we were.

I feel for Baldwin. His life, on an emotional and personal level, just took a dramatic turn that the haters here cannot begin to even comprehend...

I was a armorer in the military, and have owned weapons all my life…Gun safety 101.

Well, then you'd know about this stuff.

Evidently some of the crew had walked off the set due to safety concerns.

Back in 2016, my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I found ourselves in a situation where I felt compelled to draw, and fire, my sidearm. I shot two people. One of them died at the scene.

I still deal with that every single day. Taking someone's life; even some scumbag who means to do you harm, is something which takes time to come to grips with.

I like Baldwin as an actor and I detest his politics. Those who say he "deserves" this, for whatever reason, should just shut the fuck up. No one deserves this. No one. Nothing prepares you for the overwhelming tidal wave of guilt which inevitably comes along to emotionally slam you into the sand, over and over and over. You never get over it. If you're lucky, you allow yourself to accept it and try to move on.

I shot someone who wanted to kill me, and still I ended up riding an emotional roller coaster for years. It's something you never get over. My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend has a scar above her left shoulder blade from where she was stabbed with a Buck 119. Every single time I see that scar I'm reminded of what happened, what our assailants did, and what I did. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change what I did for a second. But I do wish we'd never been in the position we were.

I feel for Baldwin. His life, on an emotional and personal level, just took a dramatic turn that the haters here cannot begin to even comprehend...

And the left wants to take the ability to defend yourself away on their march to totalitarianism.

Well, then you'd know about this stuff.

Evidently some of the crew had walked off the set due to safety concerns.
Yep, saw that reported. And that will be investigated. But, my only point was/is that whether you’re the actor holding the gun in a scene, or any number of people behind the scenes, every person taking possession of that firearm has a responsibility to check it and make sure it is safe. Period.

Wow, I am sorry you had to go through that. That’s something the anti 2a crowd will never understand about those of us who carry, is that we pray we never have to use it.

Yep, saw that reported. And that will be investigated. But, my only point was/is that whether you’re the actor holding the gun in a scene, or any number of people behind the scenes, every person taking possession of that firearm has a responsibility to check it and make sure it is safe. Period.

I agree but you can't make an actor an expert in firearms overnight. There's talk of doing this kind of action with computers instead of "blanks".

I agree but you can't make an actor an expert in firearms overnight. There's talk of doing this kind of action with computers instead of "blanks".
CGI I presume…Not unthinkable. They can do some amazing things.

And you don’t have to be an expert to check the chamber for the correct ammo.

In pretty much every State in the union that is still considered negligent manslaughter and subject to possible prosecution.
It is, that’s true. My guess is that Baldwin will face no charges, but the prop master on the other hand…

excerpt:

USA TODAY obtained an email sent to members of IATSE Local 44, a union of prop makers and other craft persons who work within the entertainment industry, about the incident. The message said the prop gun from the "Rust" set was loaded with "a live single round" and that no Local 44 members were on set.

Crew members reportedly walked off the set of "Rust" in protest of working conditions hours before Hutchins was killed.

According to the Los Angeles Times and Deadline, crew members working on the upcoming Western raised concerns about several problems, including safety issues, prior to Thursday's incident.
I was poohooing the "curse" thing.

It is, that’s true. My guess is that Baldwin will face no charges, but the prop master on the other hand…
That's why I said "possible prosecution". It depends on the weight of evidence and if the DA thinks it's worth bringing it to trial.

In pretty much every State in the union that is still considered negligent manslaughter and subject to possible prosecution.

Was Baldwin reckless or disregarding human life? How was Baldwin negligent?

Forum List

Back