Alabama will execute a convict using nitrogen

I say prop his eyes open with toothpicks and make him watch repeated Joe Biden State of the Unions, or is torture illegal now?
As long as democrats are in charge, torturing prisoners is cool.

Actually, it doesn’t sound cruel at all.

I happen not to be a major proponent of the death penalty. But if a state or the feds have one, and that’s the sentence, this doesn’t sound like such a bad way to go.
I assume that the condemned will be put under first, so that he won't know that he can't breathe. Watch him come to, when the asphyxiation gets serious. I say that because this method has never been tested before.

I assume that the condemned will be put under first, so that he won't know that he can't breathe. Watch him come to, when the asphyxiation gets serious. I say that because this method has never been tested before.
Say! You might be on to something.

If this whole execution thing is seen as a bit “unpleasant,” maybe the next would-be scumbag murderer will have second thoughts about doing the evil deed. He might just say to himself, “you know, that new death penalty method seems a bit fucking scary. Maybe I’ll just not commit this murder!”

He can breathe, there's just no oxygen. He will never "come to".

Say! You might be on to something.

If this whole execution thing is seen as a bit “unpleasant,” maybe the next would-be scumbag murderer will have second thoughts about doing the evil deed. He might just say to himself, “you know, that new death penalty method seems a bit fucking scary. Maybe I’ll just not commit this murder!”
You know that the death penalty has never been a deterrent against serious crime. Don't be silly.

I would think carbon monoxide poisoning would be cheaper. Just run a hose from a vehicle exhaust tailpipe into a small room containing the prisoner.
I knew a father that joined his 2 sons on the back of Dad's car who died using carbon monoxide. Art had serious legal problems and my opinion is he figured he would spend years in a prison and told his boys so they joined him in dying.

You know that the death penalty has never been a deterrent against serious crime. Don't be silly.
You mean to tell us that once executed they keep on murdering victims? Seems in fact it is a deterrent.

Yeah, the perspective that people think about consequences before they murder someone.
No. You’re just underscoring that you’re wrong because your thinking is too shallow.

I am actually making reference now to the distinction between general deterrence and specific deterrence.

It happens to be true that the convicted murderer will never commit another murder once he has been executed. Very specific deterrence. And it’s 100% effective.

No. You’re just underscoring that you’re wrong because your thinking is too shallow.

I am actually making reference now to the distinction between general deterrence and specific deterrence.

It happens to be true that the convicted murderer will never commit another murder once he has been executed. Very specific deterrence. And it’s 100% effective.
I never disagreed with your specific deterrence. It's elementary as fuck.

Not the condemned executed person. Killing that one, does not keep other people from murdering other people.
I expect it to have some effect. I suppose you believe punishment does no good for any crime.

Forum List

Back