Alabama has the worst poverty in the developed world, U.N. official says

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

A United Nations official investigating poverty in the United States was shocked at the level of environmental degradation in some areas of rural Alabama, saying he had never seen anything like it in the developed world.
"I think it's very uncommon in the First World. This is not a sight that one normally sees. I'd have to say that I haven't seen this," Philip Alston, the U.N.'s Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, told Connor Sheets of AL.comearlier this week as they toured a community in Butler County where "raw sewage flows from homes through exposed PVC pipes and into open trenches and pits."

Well, that is why Republican policies are bad.

They don't care about educating the population and believe the poor should simply hold a lower position in life.

They don't care about a safetynet for their poor or disabled

They don't care if you're sick and dying and hospitals should be able to destroy your life if you do get sick! Work 3 jobs with cancer sucker!!!

They don't care about fair pay or workers rights

They don't care about environmental standards. China or India level of pollution is in our future if we keep electing republicans.

They don't care if income inequality makes 90% of the society poorer then Africa, while a few percent have it all.

The republican party wouldn't care if we were poorer then Somalia. The truth is this mindset is probably going to lead to the downfall of this nation.

A United Nations official investigating poverty in the United States was shocked at the level of environmental degradation in some areas of rural Alabama, saying he had never seen anything like it in the developed world.
"I think it's very uncommon in the First World. This is not a sight that one normally sees. I'd have to say that I haven't seen this," Philip Alston, the U.N.'s Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, told Connor Sheets of AL.comearlier this week as they toured a community in Butler County where "raw sewage flows from homes through exposed PVC pipes and into open trenches and pits."

They don't care about educating the population and believe the poor should simply hold a lower position in life.

They don't care if you're sick and dying and hospitals should be able to destroy your life if you do get sick! Work 3 jobs with cancer sucker!!!

They don't care about environmental standards. China or India level of pollution is in our future if we keep electing republicans.

They don't care if income inequality makes 90% of the society poorer then Africa, while a few percent have it all.

The republican party wouldn't care if we were poorer then Somalia. The truth is this mindset is probably going to lead to the downfall of this nation.
Not surprised.

They got them a lot of negros. What do you want to do, send them back to Africa for a better life?

Matthew has gone from full blown racist rightie to a full blown liberal loon in a handful of years.

Inexplicable
matthew goes which ever way the wind blows....

I believe in the first world and civilization no matter which way the winds turn. This is very troubling news to hear about one of our states.

The people I know in Alabama all live in plush gated communities with great jobs. Great recreational activities such as fishing, hunting, and golfing. I love it there.

The cause is evident: If you want poverty, vote for Democrats. If you want prosperity, vote for Republicans.

how's that been working out so far for Alabama?? :laugh2:

Or Kansas...They destroyed their economy with this liberterian crap! Alabama is even worse...Everything these bastards touch turns to shit!

Matthew has gone from full blown racist rightie to a full blown liberal loon in a handful of years.

Inexplicable

I believe in the first world and civilization no matter which way the winds turn. This is very troubling news to hear about one of our states.
you are also a godamned racist as many here know as you try to act like a caring person in your liberal disguise...

The people I know in Alabama all live in plush gated communities with great jobs. Great recreational activities such as fishing, hunting, and golfing. I love it there.

Unpossible. The liberals keep telling me that everyone in Alabama lives in a run-down trailer house, with five rusted broken cars in the yard, three dogs, and chickens everywhere.

Were they lying to me or something?

Inexplicable

Hey, YOU should like Huntsville. It has the space and rocket center for NASA.

Forum List

Back