Al Franken Should Resign...poll

That was what you were supposed to see.
They let this woman drone on for that very reason. It was obvious. CNN could have Vladamir Putin in an interview and would have cut to go to commercials/interrupted him more than this woman. Why did they giver her so much time? Allowed moments of awkward silence? They wanted her to look dumb.

Well, first this woman is a professional radio announcer, she knows how to handle herself on the air.

The reason why she looked dumb is because this is a dumb controversy. A comedian made bad jokes. Oh, noes.

Being a drama queen about it 10 years later is kind of silly.

What I took away from this is that these are two people who had to make a very long trip somewhere, and got on each others nerves.

That said, I guess she has a legitimate complaint about sexual harassment, if she had filed a complaint 10 years ago.

I agree, I saw a few minutes of it and it was awkward and kind of weird. But again, I do believe that was intentional on the part of CNN. This did not merit more than maybe 2 minutes tops. There is just not enough of a story to go on for 15-20 minutes, no matter what the story was it would have looked awkward.
Geraldo himself would have had trouble trying to stretch more than 5 minutes out of this.

I voted yes because he annoys me and always has, plus he's not funny and hey the guy is a pervert.

..POLL: Should U.S. Senator Al Franken resign?

Al can resign as soon as your orange sexual predator Donald does.... and maybe all the other people in congress your boys paid out millions to cover for.

:thup:

Let Al stay. He is a symbol of hypocrisy and corruption that is the Democrat Party. There is hard evidence of Al assaulting a woman and the Democrats stay silent while they lose their shit over softer evidence of a Republican who is not even Senator like Al is.

teens aren't childrenand please take a moment to surf some old threads where a teen boy was raped, you will be shocked by how many leftist women don't care.
`
`

I understand the rights partiality for Joy Boy Roy Moore and try to make allowances for that dysfunction.

A poll on Yahoo, (my first site upon clicking every time I go online for anything) has only 6% of Trump voters willing to believe he was less than stellar in his conduct with woman, 84% believe the worst about Bill Clinton of course. I am trying to remain objective, and I see BIAS.

not because i want to protect al franken. he's a diaper wearing asshole who plays politics around shit just as much as the rest of them do. but if we're all going to be held accountable for things we did for our entire lifetime as to whether or not we get to keep our jobs, where are we really headed?

But that is already happening, unfortunately. We live in an information age.

in time people will stop also and move on when this bores us as a culture and a new fad comes along. part of the problem is we can't handle getting information this fast and we've not, as a culture, put up filters. they will come and the noise will die down.

i can't recall the last time i got SPAM mail from my family telling me a dying child is collecting post cards, please spread the word. we learned, we moved on.

but right now we're deeply mired in attack mode that we've created as a wall to the other sides evil ways. we protect our side at all costs not because we agree with it but because if we give into it being wrong, we fear our own floodgates will open and our way of life is over.

extreme, isn't it?

we've become so afraid to admit our side did something wrong not because we don't think they did, but because of how the other side will take advantage of it. so we elevate their crimes and minimize our own.

out of fear.

kinda stupid when you think about it.

not because i want to protect al franken. he's a diaper wearing asshole who plays politics around shit just as much as the rest of them do. but if we're all going to be held accountable for things we did for our entire lifetime as to whether or not we get to keep our jobs, where are we really headed?

But that is already happening, unfortunately. We live in an information age.

in time people will stop also and move on when this bores us as a culture and a new fad comes along. part of the problem is we can't handle getting information this fast and we've not, as a culture, put up filters. they will come and the noise will die down.

i can't recall the last time i got SPAM mail from my family telling me a dying child is collecting post cards, please spread the word. we learned, we moved on.

but right now we're deeply mired in attack mode that we've created as a wall to the other sides evil ways. we protect our side at all costs not because we agree with it but because if we give into it being wrong, we fear our own floodgates will open and our way of life is over.

extreme, isn't it?

we've become so afraid to admit our side did something wrong not because we don't think they did, but because of how the other side will take advantage of it. so we elevate their crimes and minimize our own.

out of fear.

The entire "sides" method is stupid, yet I agree.

Yes, Franken must go. By Mich McConnel’s non standard as demonstrated by his stance on Roy Moore. Frankin must go.if he stays then Moore gets to stay.

Let's see now,

One incident of making jokes in poor taste.

vs.

Dozens of instances of taking sexual liberties with a minor?

Meh, not even close.

Problem. There are PICTURES of weird all. And as you listen, and more comes out on Weird Al, many felt he was a creeper along the lines of Roy Moore. It will be interesting to hear Mr Franken lie his way through this. Then there are the TONS of other polititions waiting for their turn in the barrel. Not just more democrats, but republicans to. This is the results of all the brush fires that retard McConnel started. One thing weird about you democrats, it’s weird how okay you guys can be with Rape.

Anyone who watched the comments made by the alleged victim in this matter ought to at least wonder the motivation of his accuser. Her evidence is a clownish photograph and her total recall of an event when she was asleep.

That's odd enough, but if anyone had stuck there tongue in someone's mouth unexpectedly in front of an audience, either they would physically react, or they would be a great actor.

-30-

The hew and cry by the usual right wingers on a single alleged victim, while defending Moore whose alleged victims continue to grow, is an example of hypocrisy and political hackery unbounded.

Like I said, you liberals are odd bunch on how acceptable rape can be to you. It’s pretty creepy.

Anyone who watched the comments made by the alleged victim in this matter ought to at least wonder the motivation of his accuser. Her evidence is a clownish photograph and her total recall of an event when she was asleep.

That's odd enough, but if anyone had stuck there tongue in someone's mouth unexpectedly in front of an audience, either they would physically react, or they would be a great actor.

-30-

The hew and cry by the usual right wingers on a single alleged victim, while defending Moore whose alleged victims continue to grow, is an example of hypocrisy and political hackery unbounded.

Like I said, you liberals are odd bunch on how acceptable rape can be to you. It’s pretty creepy.

Yep.

I agree, I saw a few minutes of it and it was awkward and kind of weird. But again, I do believe that was intentional on the part of CNN. This did not merit more than maybe 2 minutes tops. There is just not enough of a story to go on for 15-20 minutes, no matter what the story was it would have looked awkward.
Geraldo himself would have had trouble trying to stretch more than 5 minutes out of this.

Except that's what the 24/7 news cycle has to do. They have to stretch out stories, because they are filling out 24 hours of news time and a lot of them aren't spending that much on reporters or correspondents.

Back in the oldy days, when we got all our news in half an hour from one of three talking heads, the news departments had hundreds of correspondents around the world.

Now they spend all their money on the talking heads, and they got to talk about something, so why not let the woman go on for 20 minutes on a non-story?

No, this woman looked silly because this is a silly controversy. She did a job with Al once and they didn't get along. Probably because his persona at that time was "being the really annoying guy".

So let's look at the meat of her complaint.

1) That he kissed her in a way she didn't like rehearsing for a skit that called for them to kiss. He says it didn't happen that way.

2) He made a clownish picture of him pantomiming groping her. Didn't actually touch her.

3) He drew stuff on one of her pictures.

Okay, in a workplace, these would probably be grounds for a sexual harassment complaint. But she didn't file a complaint with the USO, and she didn't say anything when this guy ran for the Senate twice.

I voted yes because he annoys me and always has, plus he's not funny and hey the guy is a pervert.

Yes, Franken must go. By Mich McConnel’s non standard as demonstrated by his stance on Roy Moore. Frankin must go.if he stays then Moore gets to stay.
Has the turkey gobbler Mitch said one word about Franken? He was quick to shit on Moore, well before most of the allegations were public.

extreme, isn't it?

out of fear.

Yes and no. Me, I kind of weigh things out. Franken has done a pretty good job as Senator, he hasn't made a mockery of the office, he's proposed some good legislation and advocated some strong positions, and he's better informed on the issues than a lot of these guys.

And ten years ago, he acted like kind of a boor on a USO tour with a woman who would probably get on my nerves if I was locked in a plane with her for 10 hours. Yeah, he did something wrong. I'll admit that. But no one died, no one was traumitized for life, no one's reputation was ruined.

If that idiot, Stewart Little son of a bitch keeping his senate seat puts an end the the horseshit on both sides and causes both sides to quit tolerating this type of misconduct, then it would be worth it for him to stay...

Just get his useless, unqualified ass off the judiciary committee, for fuck's sake. He has no business getting anywhere near that body.

Has the turkey gobbler Mitch said one word about Franken? He was quick to shit on Moore, well before most of the allegations were public.

He has said nothing. Don’t get me wrong, I know weird Al is gonna walk, and Moore will to. They will go to and stay seated for now in senate. What I don’t get is weird al makes jokes about hating gays, being in love with a sex robot and raping a news lady, yet he is sensitive and sorry for having a penis. Moore ? Looks creepie as hell. Meh, we will see.

extreme, isn't it?

out of fear.

Yes and no. Me, I kind of weigh things out. Franken has done a pretty good job as Senator, he hasn't made a mockery of the office, he's proposed some good legislation and advocated some strong positions, and he's better informed on the issues than a lot of these guys.

And ten years ago, he acted like kind of a boor on a USO tour with a woman who would probably get on my nerves if I was locked in a plane with her for 10 hours. Yeah, he did something wrong. I'll admit that. But no one died, no one was traumitized for life, no one's reputation was ruined.
i'm a bad one to really talk about him cause i don't like him. i'll never NOT see him in diapers and making incredibly stupid jokes.but how i feel about him has no bearing on whether or not he should be treated differently in any given set of circumstances. i have no idea his senate record cause i don't follow him or just about any of them really.

but from what i can tell people that compare franken to moore are doing so in order to do the whole SEE YOUR SIDE IS GUILTY TOO and getting the most political value from the incident as possible. and while i'm not a franken fan i am impressed with the way he's handled it so far so credit where credit is due to me.

and now i need to go get my papers. i think i just got kicked out of the conservative club.

Because he kissed someone during a stage show where he was supposed to kiss someone?

Just can't get worked up about that.
He fondled her tits while she was asleep. Got picture of it.

Na, it don’t count because she had a ballistic vest on so technically he molested the vest and not the woman.

Forum List

Back