Air Fryer, Anyone?

Sometimes all you need to come up with a "new" product... is a catchy name.
"Air frying" is nothing new. All it is, is a small convection oven.
Many people have ovens with convection, but have no idea what it is. And the funny part - they buy an "air fryer" and say wow! this is awesome.
When they had one in their kitchen for years.
True, but convection ovens usually allow the convection to occur without the aid of a fan blowing the air across the food. Sometimes simple innovations do amazing things.

Check it out...

Sometimes all you need to come up with a "new" product... is a catchy name.
"Air frying" is nothing new. All it is, is a small convection oven.
Many people have ovens with convection, but have no idea what it is. And the funny part - they buy an "air fryer" and say wow! this is awesome.
When they had one in their kitchen for years.

And you know what? You may be right. I don't have a deep well of kitchen appliance knowledge. What I know is that I'm cooking some kick-ass dinners with this thing!

This evening, for example, was some BBQ chicken with Brussels sprouts (just about my favorite vegetable), washed down with a bottle of 2018 Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot:

287858540_10229578840117547_8701158938432797878_n.jpg

288178781_10229578840477556_4288007734878588245_n.jpg

286866134_10229578943680136_8641507107893182149_n.jpg

My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I normally got out to dinner five or six nights a week. Since I started up with this thing, we haven't been out to dinner in almost two weeks...

I agree with the faster and easier part. Some things are as simple as setting the temperature and timer and waiting on the bell to ring when finished. My air fryer oven uses a wire basket to air fry things in, so I've found that I don't even have to flip food over mid way through.

It makes great chips. (French fries to you)

But for cooking chicken, I highly recommend the halogen oven. The taste is divine.

The only problem is, where to store all these gadgets.

It makes great chips. (French fries to you)

But for cooking chicken, I highly recommend the halogen oven. The taste is divine.

My understanding about a halogen oven is that they don't "crisp" up the food as well as an air fryer...

The only problem is, where to store all these gadgets.

No kidding.

I've got an enormous kitchen, but between things like the counter-top rotisserie, air fryer, toaster oven, toaster, mini-waffle maker, etc, I'm running out of room...

I don't know if your air fryer came with an egg poacher tray, but mine did, and I love it. Makes perfect poached eggs, and it just could not be easier. So every morning for my break, I have what I make in threes in only a few minutes:

Lay down three slices of raisin bread, and one slice of cheese and ham on each slice. Then poach your eggs for 5 minutes, drop each poached egg on each slice and wrap in foil. About 15 minutes before morning break I throw one in a toaster oven and have this delicious snack. Don't think I'll ever get sick of eating these.

Two Christmases ago, my Mom got me an air fryer:

61MX2Su6rqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I hadn't used it, and my brother asked if he and his girlfriend could borrow it. Sure, what the Hell? He took it to her house and I forgot about it. Not long ago I decided I'd give it a whirl and, hey, could he please bring it back?

Last week I did up some chicken breasts. I did a light Teriyaki marinade, with some garlic, pepper and salt, and loaded it up. Nine minutes on one side, flipped 'em over and nine minutes on the other.

Holy Mother of God.

I don't mean to pat myself on the back too much, but it may have been some of the best chicken I've ever had. I'm off to Publix here in a little bit to pick up some more chicken, and my smokin' hot Purto Rican girlfriend wants to do up some filets later this week.

Any one have any good air fryer recipes, or even just marinade recipes?
I don't recommend air fryers for steaks if that what you meant by fillets.
I make an Ah-So Chinese barbeque rib style sauce for Chicken or other meats in chunks.
It's just low salt soy sauce, ketchup, hoisan, corn syrup, Chinese 5spice, powdered ginger, and a drop of red food coloring.
Reheating rotisserie chicken with a liitle brush of Barbeque sauce is great in those things, because it crisps the skin real nice.

Last edited:
Yep, same, although I do chicken wings. I never ate chicken wings until I got an air fryer, now I eat them all the time. So, so, easy to make, and so easy to clean up afterwards.
That's because oven baked, we could never crisp that thick skin on the wings, it took long and never textured the way we wanted until the air fryer made crisping quick and easy.

Forum List

Back