AGW: atmospheric physics

A warmer atmosphere can hold, and dump, more moisture, snow experts say.

Absolutely - the more humid it is, the more we get here in Finland. You don't hear people question climate change here.

There was another thread on snow in Russia a couple of weeks back where some of the science behind this was explained. The funny thing was, the thread was started by a Denier!!

btw - I'd like to warn posters about the Polar Bear - who started posting IP addresses last week after he got particularly humiliated on one thread. The posts were removed by the mods, but I suggest putting the guy on ignore if you value your privacy.

Suffering from your typical delusions I see. You couldn't humiliate my 6 year old in the realm of science, much less Polar Bear.

Absolutely - the more humid it is, the more we get here in Finland. You don't hear people question climate change here.

There was another thread on snow in Russia a couple of weeks back where some of the science behind this was explained. The funny thing was, the thread was started by a Denier!!

btw - I'd like to warn posters about the Polar Bear - who started posting IP addresses last week after he got particularly humiliated on one thread. The posts were removed by the mods, but I suggest putting the guy on ignore if you value your privacy.

Of course it must be COLD to make snow..you all seem to forget that...

snow_cactus.jpg

Suffering from your typical delusions I see. You couldn't humiliate my 6 year old in the realm of science, much less Polar Bear.

Well, we had -26C here a couple of weeks ago. Is that cold enough?

At that temperature we get very little snow, because that weather tends to also be extremely dry.

The trend of the past 20 years is warmer, more humid weather - and thus more snow.

I don't humilate you Westwall - you do it to yourself.

Last edited:

At that temperature we get very little snow, because that weather tends to also be extremely dry.

The trend of the past 20 years is warmer, more humid weather - and thus more snow.

How does a warm summer equate to more snow when the residence time of water vapor in the atmosphere is 9 days? Your high priests little theory has a ginormous hole in it with that one simple fact. And for the record, you are a walking, talking, humiliation all by your lonesome.

Last edited:
Westwall -

Please try and focus. Really. This isn't difficult stuff, you know.

No one - and I reapeat NO ONE - is suggesting more humid weather in summer causes more snow in winter.

Try and post with a little common sense.

Last edited:
Westwall -

Please try and focus. Really. This isn't difficult stuff, you know.

No one - and I reapeat NO ONE - is suggesting more humid weather in summer causes more snow in winter.

Try and post with a little common sense.

Yeah, really? Where is that warmer and more humid weather? Even the IPCC has now admited that the temps have been flat for the last 17 years:eek:

THE UN's climate change chief, Rajendra Pachauri, has acknowledged a 17-year pause in global temperature rises, confirmed recently by Britain's Met Office, but said it would need to last "30 to 40 years at least" to break the long-term global warming trend.

And with the solar activity we are witnessing it appears he will get his wish...so saigy old boy...how do you get all of these "climate change events" when there has been no warming?

Hmmmmm?

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

The Sun? LOL

Yeah, the Sun causes "Global Climate Change Warming"

LOL

here let me introduce you to our AGW Computer models

The Sun? LOL

LOL

I know that big bright yellow hot thing in the sky makes the temperature climb when it appears. Very much more noticeable in the spring and summer.

But I don't believe that daily temperature is the same thing as "climate."

Nonetheless, if we do witness increasing global temperatures, not that we have in the past decade or two, then I'd be prepared to guess that the higher temperatures are PROBABLY more related to that big bright yellow hot thing than to trace gasses in our atmosphere.

The Sun? LOL

LOL

I know that big bright yellow hot thing in the sky makes the temperature climb when it appears. Very much more noticeable in the spring and summer.

But I don't believe that daily temperature is the same thing as "climate."

Nonetheless, if we do witness increasing global temperatures, not that we have in the past decade or two, then I'd be prepared to guess that the higher temperatures are PROBABLY more related to that big bright yellow hot thing than to trace gasses in our atmosphere.

To sane people it's "trace gases" but to the AGW Cult...

images

How does a warm summer equate to more snow when the residence time of water vapor in the atmosphere is 9 days? Your high priests little theory has a ginormous hole in it with that one simple fact. And for the record, you are a walking, talking, humiliation all by your lonesome.

The walleyedretard misses it again. Nobody said that a warm summer leads to more snow, nitwit. It is the general increase in world average temperatures due to AGW that is raising the water vapor content of the atmosphere, and has already raised it by about 4% so far. This increased water vapor in the air is what is causing heavier rainfalls and snowfalls. There is just more moisture in the air now.

And for the record, walleyed, you are a clueless delusional retard and you never cease to unconsciously embarrass and humiliate yourself with your idiotic denial of reality. You are obviously too stupid to be embarrassed by your own stupidity and ignorance but the rest of us often feel something called "Fremdschämen" in relation to you and your braindead posts.

Last edited:

The walleyedretard misses it again. Nobody said that a warm summer leads to more snow, nitwit. It is the general increase in world average temperatures due to AGW that is raising the water vapor content of the atmosphere, and has already raised it by about 4% so far. This increased water vapor in the air is what is causing heavier rainfalls and snowfalls. There is just more moisture in the air now.

And you can show us in a lab how CO2 drives that irrespective of all evidence to the contrary that CO2 lags climate change?

And you can show us in a lab how CO2 drives that irrespective of all evidence to the contrary that CO2 lags climate change?

Rises in CO2 don't lag climate change, they produce climate change. Lots of new research confirms that increasing CO2 leads and causes temperature increases. Too bad about your defunct denier cult myths.

Study: Carbon Dioxide Increase Caused End of Ice Age

Past extreme warming events linked to massive carbon release from thawing permafrost
Nature

Rises in CO2 don't lag climate change, they produce climate change. Lots of new research confirms that increasing CO2 leads and causes temperature increases. Too bad about your defunct denier cult myths.

Past extreme warming events linked to massive carbon release from thawing permafrost
Nature

Shakun is a fucking fraud and you're an idiot for not remembering he's full of crap

Nature

Shakun is a fucking fraud and you're an idiot for not remembering he's full of crap

Shakun and his studies are fine. You're just a fucking anti-science retard.

That just goes to show how dumb this "Saigon" is. If I wanted his IP all it would take is a false label on a URLink which brings him to my web own page where I could embed whatever Java script I want, not just the harmless code tags under the # icon with the HTML editor used in this forum. I`m not interested in collecting other people`s IP. I collect books, guns and coins. But I do know for sure that he does not live in Finland.
All he has to do is run a finger across the keyboard,...if he lives in Finland that will produce an ASCII sequence that keyboards in other countries don`t. He won`t do it because he can`t.
As for :
"snow experts"...? Who are they? Silly question...! In the summer they work of course as "rain" or "sunshine experts".
Any sort of "snow expert" would have jumped off the wagon as soon as we get past "A warmer atmosphere can hold more moisture" when it gets to "and dump more moisture, snow, Saigon a renowned snow expert says"

To "dump moisture" as rain or snow the moist air has to be cooled to below the dew point first, before it can "dump" anything.
That happens either with vertical convection or if a moist air mass arrives over a colder area !
I wonder if New England "snow experts" will say that it`s gotten too warm for all that moisture to stay aloft and that`s why all these AGW "deniers" got dumped on and got punished being stuck in their global warming cars
Major snowstorm headed for New England | Reuters

Major snowstorm headed for New England

r

The storm blanketed states from Minnesota to Ohio earlier this week, dumping more than a foot of snow in Kansas on Thursday, forcing airports to cancel hundreds of flights and stranding motorists on highways.
The storm was expected to pelt New England's coastal areas from northern Connecticut to southern Maine....
The storm was expected to pelt New England's coastal areas from northern Connecticut to southern Maine with a mix of snow and rain late on Friday, said National Weather Service meteorologist John Foley. Snow was predicted for Saturday, with up to a foot possible in central Massachusetts, Foley said.
"I'm not thrilled that we've got more snow coming this weekend. I've had enough of winter," said John Bonnanzio, 54, group editor at Mutual Fund Investors Association outside of Boston.
One more thing "Saigon"
Where is that thread where YOU "particularly humiliated me" ???
btw - I'd like to warn posters about the Polar Bear - who started posting IP addresses last week after he got particularly humiliated on one thread
Post the link !
Is that the one where You said you put me in "ignore mode"?..the mode YOU have been in since birth.
So now you can`t find it because I`m on your ignore list ...but keep popping up with psychotic & vindictive accusations wherever I post ?
You don`t even know the difference between "humiliate" and insult...the latter you excel in and the first is self inflicted.

You should brush up on word definitions before you attempt to define others

Last edited:

Nature

Both "studies" you posted have been thoroughly ripped to shreds. Once again your climate "scientists" have been found to be deficient in their mathematical skills.

Nature

Shakun and his studies are fine. You're just a fucking anti-science retard.

:lol::lol::lol:Only to a delusional, libtard, scientifically illiterate troll such as yourself doofus.

What a maroon....:lol::lol:

That just goes to show how dumb this "Saigon" is. If I wanted his IP all it would take is a false label on a URLink which brings him to my web own page where I could embed whatever Java script I want, not just the harmless code tags under the # icon with the HTML editor used in this forum. I`m not interested in collecting other people`s IP. I collect books, guns and coins. But I do know for sure that he does not live in Finland.
All he has to do is run a finger across the keyboard,...if he lives in Finland that will produce an ASCII sequence that keyboards in other countries don`t. He won`t do it because he can`t.
As for :
"snow experts"...? Who are they? Silly question...! In the summer they work of course as "rain" or "sunshine experts".
Any sort of "snow expert" would have jumped off the wagon as soon as we get past "A warmer atmosphere can hold more moisture" when it gets to "and dump more moisture, snow, Saigon a renowned snow expert says"

To "dump moisture" as rain or snow the moist air has to be cooled to below the dew point first, before it can "dump" anything.
That happens either with vertical convection or if a moist air mass arrives over a colder area !
I wonder if "snow experts" will say in New England that it`s gotten too warm for all that moisture to stay aloft and that`s why all these AGW "deniers" got dumped on

r

The storm blanketed states from Minnesota to Ohio earlier this week, dumping more than a foot of snow in Kansas on Thursday, forcing airports to cancel hundreds of flights and stranding motorists on highways.
The storm was expected to pelt New England's coastal areas from northern Connecticut to southern Maine....
The storm was expected to pelt New England's coastal areas from northern Connecticut to southern Maine with a mix of snow and rain late on Friday, said National Weather Service meteorologist John Foley. Snow was predicted for Saturday, with up to a foot possible in central Massachusetts, Foley said.
"I'm not thrilled that we've got more snow coming this weekend. I've had enough of winter," said John Bonnanzio, 54, group editor at Mutual Fund Investors Association outside of Boston.

Yeah, I knew he wasn't in Finland either...they are far smarter than this twit. He's no doubt the sock of oltrakartrollingblunderfraud or one of that ilk.

On a more positive note I am heading to St. Petersburg on Monday for a friends wedding, so if he is in Finland I could arrange to meet him in the flesh!

As for :

I wonder if "snow experts" will say in New England that it`s gotten too warm for all that moisture to stay aloft and that`s why all these AGW "deniers" got dumped on

r

Yeah, I knew he wasn't in Finland either...they are far smarter than this twit. He's no doubt the sock of oltrakartrollingblunderfraud or one of that ilk.

On a more positive note I am heading to St. Petersburg on Monday for a friends wedding, so if he is in Finland I could arrange to meet him in the flesh!
Too bad You can`t work in a stop-over in Germany. If by any chance You ever plan a trip there I`ll have my ex-classmates roll out the red carpet for You and then you come back and visit me here with a load of Deli from Munich for me...I`ld kill for the real thing...But I`ld gladly share it with You, bro !
Have You ever tried "Leberkaes" or "Weisswurscht" ?

images

Actually the stuff they serve up in Milwaukee is just as good as in Munich. The only difference is, in Munich we don`t say "Weisswurst" we say "Weisswurscht"

Maybe I can lure You into a minor schedule change with a few videos from good old Munich ?

Most of my neighbors back home drive cars like that, and they could have You in St.Petersburg before You know it:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back